KS KS - Randy Leach, 17, Linwood, 15 Apr 1988

Since law enforcement and the judicial system keep failing the Leaches, they have started a go fund me campaign. Please, donate if you can. Every little bit counts.

I have read the entire thread and everything i can find online regarding Randy and I am convinced that he either drove into water or his car is in the woods/ravine. I do not believe that kids could keep a nefarious secret for 30 years. In my opinion he either drove himself to his demise or he OD'ed and was hidden from view out of fear of getting caught. I don't believe he was sacrificed in some satanic cult ritual.

I truly think the guy driving 10mph in a 55 past his parents house knew before he died exactly what happened to Randy.

I took a screenshot this morning at that same property. It looks like a car is there now when there wasn't before. Correct me if I'm wrong. I posted it on my reddit. Link is below.

https://www.reddit.com/user/Musiclo...ility_car_near_water/?st=JDUYBIPL&sh=26760f7c

I'm not sure what you mean about the car being moved. And I haven't checked Google Earth recently... but are you saying that the thing that I pointed out that was in the trees near the party site has been moved by the water now? Please clarify if I'm way off. 😊

Randy's parents have a set up since they are trying to fund more efforts to access information about Randy's case. These poor people. Here is a link for anyone interested. https://www..com/in-search-of-randy-leach

Beyond ‘Satanic Panic’: Agent has theory on 30-year mystery of missing Kansas teen

Timothy Dennis thought he could solve one of the most mystifying missing person cases in Kansas.

Dennis, a retired special agent with the Kansas Bureau of Investigation, said he closed almost all of the approximately 75 homicide or death cases assigned to him over a 24-year career.

He was obsessive. His daughter joked at his retirement party that “the phone would ring, the door would slam, and we wouldn’t see Dad for two weeks.”

Thirty years ago this month, Randy Leach disappeared from a party near his Linwood, Kan., home.

The 17-year-old had borrowed his mother’s Dodge 600 for the night. After mingling with friends, Randy and the car vanished.

There’s been no trace of either since that April night in 1988.

Dennis became the lead investigator for the KBI on Randy’s disappearance about 10 years later, and stayed on it until his retirement in 2010.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article208247734.html

^
excellent article, don't miss it

Area teens from that time remember the Leach case and the atmosphere surrounding his disappearance. I think most still think it's a satanic thing. Those were strange times. But it's great to see the detailed Star article center around a more likely reason. "Satanic panic" - hard to believe that whole era happened.

Kansas investigator: Missing teen’s car went into creek

http://salinapost.com/2018/04/09/kansas-investigator-missing-teens-car-went-into-creek/

:thinking:
From the article
The creek was searched, but Dennis fears the car was swept too far downstream to be found.

How can it be too far downstream to be found? Is there a black hole? I guess I would have to see the terrain in order ot understand how it could be too far downstream unless it was washed out to sea or into a bigger body of water. Is that what his meaning is? Anyone know?

From the article

How can it be too far downstream to be found? Is there a black hole? I guess I would have to see the terrain in order ot understand how it could be too far downstream unless it was washed out to sea or into a bigger body of water. Is that what his meaning is? Anyone know?

I agree, Alleykins, sounds strange... There's not an ocean anywhere near Kansas, AFAIK...

What got me confused about this theory-- WHY would they refuse to release documents to his parents if LE believed he was in a car accident in a creek?

Makes no sense, IMO.

I agree, Alleykins, sounds strange... There's not an ocean anywhere near Kansas, AFAIK...

What got me confused about this theory-- WHY would they refuse to release documents to his parents if LE believed he was in a car accident in a creek?

Makes no sense, IMO.

I thought about that. I'm thinking since Randy's fate is unknown that there may be information that may or may not pertain to his disappearance that investigators don't want known. Let's say Randy's disappearance was a tragic accident and he did end up in a body of water and it turned out none of the information applied to his case, then none of the information would be of use to them and they'd have no right to it. Not sure if that makes sense, but it did in my head, lol.

I thought about that. I'm thinking since Randy's fate is unknown that there may be information that may or may not pertain to his disappearance that investigators don't want known. Let's say Randy's disappearance was a tragic accident and he did end up in a body of water and it turned out none of the information applied to his case, then none of the information would be of use to them and they'd have no right to it. Not sure if that makes sense, but it did in my head, lol.

When they refuse to release documents in cases like this I wonder if maybe the reason is because the family who wants the info were suspects at one time in LE's notes. Not that I think they are still suspects, but it would be another reason to explain why the judge wouldn't release the info without the case being closed. Still, it seems like they could just heavily redact everything and release something. IDK.

From the article

I think the creek might empty into the Missouri and thus possibly to the Mississippi and possibly thus to the Gulf etc.?

When they refuse to release documents in cases like this I wonder if maybe the reason is because the family who wants the info were suspects at one time in LE's notes. Not that I think they are still suspects, but it would be another reason to explain why the judge wouldn't release the info without the case being closed. Still, it seems like they could just heavily redact everything and release something. IDK.

yes, they could redact them. I feel that anything pertaining to Randy should be released to his parents, and anything that doesn't can be omitted or blanked out.

Makes no sense, IMO.

The reason they won't release the documents is because they have something to hide. What could that be? Evidence of their spectacular mistakes they made year after year. They went on a wild goose chase to pin it on the three teenagers. They spent all their time harassing these kids. It went on for years. Someone from the police department sent by mail some copies of the reports and accusations of these teenagers to the Leaches. The reports went public at some point, and can be viewed online. It makes the police look like fools. It also makes the person who reported their "lead" to them, look like a fool as well, because they were in part what made this case a "satanic panic" case. The cops assured this "witness" that they would be anonymous, but it didn't work out that way. Cops might be reluctant to let anything go public after this leak.

Then there was the fiasco with "Dawn" and the fake investigative journalist. They actually made some arrests without having any sort of probable cause so they had to release the people they arrested.

They (meaning the county attorney and the police chief) gave conflicting statements to the press, and didn't keep Harold and Alberta Leach updated on the case facts, so the Leaches didn't know what to think. All they knew was that the authorities would make cryptic statements to the press, but wouldn't ever tell them anything. No progress was being made on the case either. That was when the Leaches started asking for the case files.

Then there was the debacle associated with the criminals who were trying to blame each other for some murders, one of which was claimed to have been Randy. Randy's case became part of their criminal court cases, and one of the defendants wanted access to Randy's case files. The judge sealed them. The Leaches found out about all this not from the cops, but from a friend who showed them the news reports about it.

There are so many more examples of how the police bungled the investigation. It's shameful.

The case is not being actively investigated and it will never be. These people just want the Leaches to go away. They want the case to be forgotten about. Which is why keeping it in the public eye is that much more important until some legitimate investigating is done.

All this "I think the car is in the river" talk means nothing if nobody is going to go look for the car until they have looked all up and down that river. If they don't intend to do anything, and don't think it's worth it, why are they even talking? It's just more conjecture. What the Leaches need are facts.

I feel angry.....ok, people make mistakes, going on the wrong track...... A right hearted person can admit to mistakes. We are talking about a totally different era, less knowledge, less professionalism. This family has to know what LE know/think....and what was done in the (early) investigation. This should be transparent to the parents. Share the documents...grrrr

Thus 30 years passes, and thus the parents age - will we hear much about the case again?

I honestly think he drove into water, the water covered it all, and he's gone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back