Found Safe KY - AC 16, & Noah 3, w/uncle Jacob Clare, Beaver Dam, car fnd in CA, 5/6 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

JC seems like a planner. He probably was keeping up on the search for him and the kiddos. He knew the car was hot. He had managed to stay about 2-3 days ahead of LE but it was only a matter of time before someone spotted him in real time. He knew he had to ditch the car and find another means to his destination. The flat tire may have accelerated his plans to switch vehicles or transportation.
It looks like a lot of the things left in the car were bought at a Walmart. I’m wondering if they bought those huge backpacks, camping gear, bulk mre, and other items, went to the lot by the outlets, stuffed the backpacks as full as they could, and took off on foot leaving behind whatever they couldn’t cram in the packs.
While I think that JC thinks himself pretty crafty and would like to leave the vehicle in the southern part of the state as a red herring when his intent was to go north, I think he may be on his way to Mexico. There are a couple of reasons I feel this way, (and I may be totally wrong):
1. JC knows winter is fast approaching. It is one thing to survive sub freezing temps on your own, but with a 3 year old and a 16 year old it’s a whole ‘nother story. There are very few hours of daylight as you make your way north to Alaska, adding to the hardship of getting there.
2. The Canadian border. Travel to AK thru Canada presents a whole lot of problems and would necessitate two border crossings, a risky enterprise. There are huge areas of open wilderness to cover and limited resources. Even if they managed to have some type of fake documentation, there is intense scrutiny and Covid-19 vacs proof and testing. Transit through Canada including to and from Alaska – Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca
3. Maybe Alaska was the red herring and he planned to go to Mexico all along figuring he was one step ahead of the law who would theorize that JC would try to go north. While LE set their sights northward, he would slip across the southern border.
4. The Mexican border. Much easier to cross than the Canadian border. Even if they were filmed walking over the bridge, they would still be several days ahead of LE.
5. Mexican pro’s: climate, cost of living, lack of LE resources, etc.

I think JC’s biggest disadvantage right now is his height. You can do all kinds of disguises, but you can’t shrink yourself. You can try slumping, but let’s face it, when you see someone who is 6’7”, you notice them. Let’s hope someone notices him soon.

Could you link to that article, please? I'd like to read it.

BBM
I have heard it mentioned that perhaps LE has reason to believe he is checking online for updates on the search and therefor they don't want to put too much information out there about where they are searching and what information they have.

JC seems like a planner. He probably was keeping up on the search for him and the kiddos. He knew the car was hot. He had managed to stay about 2-3 days ahead of LE but it was only a matter of time before someone spotted him in real time. He knew he had to ditch the car and find another means to his destination. The flat tire may have accelerated his plans to switch vehicles or transportation.
It looks like a lot of the things left in the car were bought at a Walmart. I’m wondering if they bought those huge backpacks, camping gear, bulk mre, and other items, went to the lot by the outlets, stuffed the backpacks as full as they could, and took off on foot leaving behind whatever they couldn’t cram in the packs.
While I think that JC thinks himself pretty crafty and would like to leave the vehicle in the southern part of the state as a red herring when his intent was to go north, I think he may be on his way to Mexico. There are a couple of reasons I feel this way, (and I may be totally wrong):
1. JC knows winter is fast approaching. It is one thing to survive sub freezing temps on your own, but with a 3 year old and a 16 year old it’s a whole ‘nother story. There are very few hours of daylight as you make your way north to Alaska, adding to the hardship of getting there.
2. The Canadian border. Travel to AK thru Canada presents a whole lot of problems and would necessitate two border crossings, a risky enterprise. There are huge areas of open wilderness to cover and limited resources. Even if they managed to have some type of fake documentation, there is intense scrutiny and Covid-19 vacs proof and testing. Transit through Canada including to and from Alaska – Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca
3. Maybe Alaska was the red herring and he planned to go to Mexico all along figuring he was one step ahead of the law who would theorize that JC would try to go north. While LE set their sights northward, he would slip across the southern border.
4. The Mexican border. Much easier to cross than the Canadian border. Even if they were filmed walking over the bridge, they would still be several days ahead of LE.
5. Mexican pro’s: climate, cost of living, lack of LE resources, etc.

I think JC’s biggest disadvantage right now is his height. You can do all kinds of disguises, but you can’t shrink yourself. You can try slumping, but let’s face it, when you see someone who is 6’7”, you notice them. Let’s hope someone notices him soon.
He's going to want to keep on the move. So far he's gone great distances in a short amount of time. I agree that the flat tire was a glitch in his plan, but he may have purchased another car in CA. I don't see him trying to blend in with the beach crowd, he'd be too easily seen with his distinctive tattoos. He could head in to North CA, there's a lot of remote areas up there. I wonder if they might be hunkered down during the day and moving at night.

Just thought about Mexico...If they went across the border, then what? I doubt Jake even speaks Spanish. And at 6' 7" he will stick out like a sore thumb there. It's not entirely safe there either, with abductions and crime. If locals get wind of him being a wanted man, he could be taken for ransom. They cannot "blend in" anywhere there I'd think.

Just thought about Mexico...If they went across the border, then what? I doubt Jake even speaks Spanish. And at 6' 7" he will stick out like a sore thumb there. It's not entirely safe there either, with abductions and crime. If locals get wind of him being a wanted man, he could be taken for ransom. They cannot "blend in" anywhere there I'd think.

Tijuana and the beach towns (Ensenada, Rosarito, etc) are super touristy and full of Americans and Canadians. It wouldn’t be hard to blend in at all, and you don’t need to know Spanish in those towns, either.

Tijuana and the beach towns (Ensenada, Rosarito, etc) are super touristy and full of Americans and Canadians. It wouldn’t be hard to blend in at all, and you don’t need to know Spanish in those towns, either.
Yes, that's true. It might be risky though that the tourists might know of the news about these fugitives.
I have friends in San Miguel De Allende, and they know of this abduction.
I wonder if Jake might have Belize or Costa Rica in mind, but those countries are quite a distance away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back