KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now to see who she knew in this area.
Could be of importance if it's only a 15 minute commute.
I wonder the connection.
Off to the rabbit hole on a few of my own suspects.

I see they are requesting for anyone who thinks they spot her to take photo.

At least on the bright side if any in this case.
We have finally a statement from Law Enforcement.

@jULIA_bEE
Well something had to lead the PI there to Clarksville.
This says she maybe in area or someone spotted her. Not we are sorry about not allowing you to follow lead and hang posters.
This is getting stranger, not that I do not get what your saying but why would they CPD issue statement.
Do you know how far it is from her missing Mark to this area of Indiana.
I have stayed off the FA site due to this whole hot mess of a case.
Just focusing on this thread. Was happy to see this.
Do you think maybe this is a bait story only.

I do kind of think it’s a bait story. There was a sighting of her in that area around the same time as the others. Her dad, and maybe other residents, started hanging fliers down there because of that initial sighting. I guess there’s a city ordinance that prohibits them from hanging the fliers so someone complained. They had to go take the fliers down over the wkend and the PI made a couple FB posts about it.

I don’t think the sighting is different than the one from earlier. During the actual news segment, they don’t really say anything new, but the main line was “Andrea was spotted in Clarksville,” which feels a little misleading since it’s not confirmed.

That headline blew up all over Facebook. I checked the PI’s page and someone asked about the news segment and his words were “it was a sighting we haven’t been able to confirm this yet or if it’s a look a like? Like we’ve seen.” Lol he wrote it that way- not me. It looks like he did address the city council tonight about the signs and he made a post thanking the police chief of the town. I really think the police dept put the status out about Andrea in exchange for not allowing them to hang the signs. It was stated early on that southern Indiana is a place to keep an eye out for since she knows people in the area, and it’s really not that far.

I was able to confirm through comments that Andrea would’ve crossed the bridge behind the apts on Fincastle that night, to get to and from her sisters house. I’m including a pic of the route she would’ve probably walked, but I’ve cut the street names out bc they have house numbers attached. I also found a really good picture of the bridge on google earth that I’m including bc the picture I took is too large to upload.

I haven’t been able to confirm if her last known sighting that night was on Fincastle, walking towards poplar level. If that’s still true, she most likely wasn’t walking back to her moms house after leaving her sisters. If what her sister said is true, about calling people to hang out with that night, then walking out to poplar level makes sense if she were trying to find somewhere to decompress for a while since it sounds like she was really upset.

Attachments

• 4CA971C7-0EDC-4A5D-A0BD-94794AA30E2E.jpeg
    4CA971C7-0EDC-4A5D-A0BD-94794AA30E2E.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 61
  • 19366E88-ACD6-4E8B-8744-B8A29A6ECCCC.jpeg
    19366E88-ACD6-4E8B-8744-B8A29A6ECCCC.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 60
@jULIA_bEE
Well something had to lead the PI there to Clarksville.
This says she maybe in area or someone spotted her. Not we are sorry about not allowing you to follow lead and hang posters.
This is getting stranger, not that I do not get what your saying but why would they CPD issue statement.
Do you know how far it is from her missing Mark to this area of Indiana.
I have stayed off the FA site due to this whole hot mess of a case.
Just focusing on this thread. Was happy to see this.
Do you think maybe this is a bait story only.
Essentially right across the river, Google Maps

ETA: A lot of people commute to/from Southern Indiana for work every day. Definitely a common route of travel as Southern Indiana housing and property is so much more affordable. I was just in Clarksville tonight visiting a friend for a bit and I live 30 mins away in southern Louisville. Not at all uncommon IMO.

Last edited:
I agree Andrea wouldn't be thinking to return to her moms house if that's where the altercation took place earlier with her younger sister. Shame Erin didn't let her in even if she was wound up, they seem close, im sure Erin could have settled her down and let her sleep there for the night. But we don't know all the facts, Andrea could've got angry towards Erin for down playing the altercation/siding with other family members or simply didn't want to deal with Andrea at 1am and turned her away soon as she arrived.

I cant help to also think Andrea obviously went to Erin's very distraught hoping to stay there the night, it was very late, Erin was the person closest to where Andrea was currently staying plus its her sister.. MAYBE Erin was more worried about her kids waking up (read that somewhere) and simply turned Andrea away for that reason only, then told her "just go back to Moms and sort it out or apologize"
After all the bad luck Andrea had gone through of recent which was also affecting her health (weight gain) and im sure mental state, then having falling out with family member/s and no place to stay she must felt so alone and more low (if possible) that night. Heartbreaking!!!
Is it just me i find it little odd her mom hasn't made a public appeal or direct message to Andrea.
If your child is missing you would move heaven and earth to find them even if your camera shy.

Side note:
Its shame we cant speak freely, there is another bit information connected to the altercation IF true makes what happen prior to Andrea disappearing much worse.

I cant help to also think Andrea obviously went to Erin's very distraught hoping to stay there the night, it was very late, Erin was the person closest to where Andrea was currently staying plus its her sister.. MAYBE Erin was more worried about her kids waking up (read that somewhere) and simply turned Andrea away for that reason only, then told her "just go back to Moms and sort it out or apologize"
After all the bad luck Andrea had gone through of recent which was also affecting her health (weight gain) and im sure mental state, then having falling out with family member/s and no place to stay she must felt so alone and more low (if possible) that night. Heartbreaking!!!
Is it just me i find it little odd her mom hasn't made a public appeal or direct message to Andrea.
If your child is missing you would move heaven and earth to find them even if your camera shy.

Side note:
Its shame we cant speak freely, there is another bit information connected to the altercation IF true makes what happen prior to Andrea disappearing much worse.

Most every one on here follows what goes on in the discussion threads on other SM forums. If you’re referring to something Donna McIntyre had mentioned after leaving the case, I don’t know how true it is bc it conflicts with what Andrea’s sister said.

The type of argument Andrea had with her family are the kind that cut the deepest. The worst part, is that they probably would’ve sorted it out after a couple days. As far as her mom being, or not being, in the media- I try not to judge anyone for not doing what I think I would do in that situation. Honestly, I’ve never been through it and there’s no guidebook for this kind of stuff. She has been participating in searches. I saw some stuff on SM yesterday that people were posting and it was very reminiscent of Savannah Spurlock and how her mom was treated online. It made me uncomfortable.

I’m probably the odd one - I do not have a FB page but I do read posts, I’m not able to read comments. It works better for me not to see some of the unnecessary drama or derogatory comments. Or send me off on a tangent.
JMO

I’m probably the odd one - I do not have a FB page but I do read posts, I’m not able to read comments. It works better for me not to see some of the unnecessary drama or derogatory comments. Or send me off on a tangent.
JMO

It definitely has a tendency to veer off the rails. It’s not as bad as it was in Savannah’s case as far as the victim blaming, but there are some pretty crazy theories.

JMO

No, you're not alone. I have a FB page but rarely utilize it. I feel as if I miss out on some case clues every now and then. However, I don't really have the patience to endure all the fluff, crud, etc to read through it all anyway. I'm fine being in the dark sometimes.

Most every one on here follows what goes on in the discussion threads on other SM forums. If you’re referring to something Donna McIntyre had mentioned after leaving the case, I don’t know how true it is bc it conflicts with what Andrea’s sister said.

The type of argument Andrea had with her family are the kind that cut the deepest. The worst part, is that they probably would’ve sorted it out after a couple days. As far as her mom being, or not being, in the media- I try not to judge anyone for not doing what I think I would do in that situation. Honestly, I’ve never been through it and there’s no guidebook for this kind of stuff. She has been participating in searches. I saw some stuff on SM yesterday that people were posting and it was very reminiscent of Savannah Spurlock and how her mom was treated online. It made me uncomfortable.

I was on the fence if what Donna said to be true or not (hopefully NOT) like you said it didn't match what the sister was saying, but we know there is information been held with good reason (protect family and investigation) so there's chance this could have been something that wasn't meant to be shared publicly.
True family arguments happen all the time mostly over trivial things and get resolved quickly. We don't know the details of the argument, but going on what we do know Andrea wasn't in the best mindset, a trivial argument if that's the case here may have not seem that way to Andrea, not also knowing what lead up to the argument or arguments in the proceeding day/s.
Ive also never been in such situation, when your almost 2 months since she disappeared you gotta try everything! The bond between a mother and child is stronger than any other relationship, making a public appeal/sending direct message to the child to come home or contact authorities could be all it takes to bring her home, answers or new leads plus it helps keep Andreas face in the media which is a very good thing.

A bit vague as to where she was seen. Eastern Blvd and Browns Station way do run parallel to each other but are about ten blocks apart. Both roads are 4 lane heavy traffic, commercial roads, no foot traffic to speak of.

Actually, the person said they thought they spotted her near the old overpass crosswalk on brown station way which is much closer to eastern. Only about a 10 min walk. And yes, it has lots of foot traffic. It's a neighborhood with schools and businesses. I had lived in this area and know it very well.

Actually, the person said they thought they spotted her near the old overpass crosswalk on brown station way which is much closer to eastern. Only about a 10 min walk. And yes, it has lots of foot traffic. It's a neighborhood with schools and businesses. I had lived in this area and know it very well.
I wonder if this sighting was by someone who knew her, or just someone who has seen her photos since she disappeared ?

Just checking in for news. Man I look at the date and this is about two months already. If she was not in danger, she could by now call or go home to her kids. So that is either a choice or she is in extreme danger/under control or not with us any longer.

Continued prayers for Andrea.

Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members