Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

this creep Gregory O'Bryan was really under the radar. I can't find anything on the internet about him other than this arrest. LE said early on he was not a registered sex offender so it looks like there is nothing in that department.

someone named Greg O'Bryan is a runner in KY but he is about 9-10 years younger than this Greg O'Bryan so it's not the same guy.

so there is nothing in his past or present (other than this arrest) that is in the public domain on the net.

At a 2:45 p.m. press conference on Tuesday, LMPD spokeswoman Lt. Col. Vincent Robison said the investigation is ongoing, and they're still searching for Compton's body.

LMPD spokeswoman Lt. Col. Vincent Robison says police suspected foul play on Monday and continued to interview O'Bryan. Based on what he told them, they believe he disposed of the body in a dumpster, but they don't know which dumpster. They believe Compton's body may have been taken to the landfill in Medora.

Detectives with LMPD's homicide division continued searching the landfill late Tuesday afternoon, using rakes to sift through the refuse. The search will continue searching until nightfall, and hope to bring in lights so they can continue searching through the night.

Robison says they plan to utilize the 51 members of the latest LMPD recruit class to help search for Compton's body.

Robison says police believe Compton met O'Bryan on a dating website but at this point they don't know the name of the site.

O'Bryan has no significant criminal history.

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=13469967

(((aside))) have the take you to the right dumpster.... just a thought...

So, so sad to hear about Andrew :cry: ...it's bad enough some creep perv killed him, but now LE is searching for his body in a landfill.

On top of dealing with him being murdered & whatever other gory details there are to go with that, it has to be so much harder on the family to think about their son being dumped with garbage....I remember Somer's mom being especially upset about that...she mentioned it again on JVM last week & was crying.

I was praying for a better outcome for Andrew & his family.

As of 5 minutes ago, the local news was still reporting that they are searching the landfill. I am thinking they will find him, but who knows how long it will take.

I am a little confused and I'm not sure it makes a huge difference here.

in one report they mention a dumpster, so then the question becomes which dumpster and where were the contents taken.

in the video the reporter mentioned that they were looking in an area where it was possible for someone to have driven up and placed a body.

it was my impression that members of the general public had no access to landfills so I'm not sure if the reporter's comments are correct. if O'Bryan were to have taken Andrew's body someplace, I don't know why he would have chosen a landfill out of state.

the whole thing is just heartless beyond belief. their encounter aside, if in fact someone has a medical emergency while in your home, just call 9-1-1 and deal with the consequences later, i.e. drugs or alcohol. regardless of the cause of death, to continue to engage in sexual activities with a corpse is just barbaric. then of course there's the whole issue of disposing of the body.

no one deserves such an undignified end. even should this creep be executed, at least he'll get a proper disposition of his remains.

i don't believe any of his story that Andrew just "died." And if he disposed of Andrew that night, it could take a very long time to locate him, it would seem, especially if he has not told police or can't remember which dumpster he used. I hope they have good reason to be searching where they are.

I did not mean to imply Andrew had a medical emergency as if I believed O'Bryan. I was making a general statement that if something happens, you call for help.

until they find the body there is no independent way to determine the cause of death.

I am a little confused and I'm not sure it makes a huge difference here.

in one report they mention a dumpster, so then the question becomes which dumpster and where were the contents taken.

in the video the reporter mentioned that they were looking in an area where it was possible for someone to have driven up and placed a body.

it was my impression that members of the general public had no access to landfills so I'm not sure if the reporter's comments are correct. if O'Bryan were to have taken Andrew's body someplace, I don't know why he would have chosen a landfill out of state.

the whole thing is just heartless beyond belief. their encounter aside, if in fact someone has a medical emergency while in your home, just call 9-1-1 and deal with the consequences later, i.e. drugs or alcohol. regardless of the cause of death, to continue to engage in sexual activities with a corpse is just barbaric. then of course there's the whole issue of disposing of the body.

no one deserves such an undignified end. even should this creep be executed, at least he'll get a proper disposition of his remains.
fox41 live reporter (I watched the last live report) said that they were looking in the area of the landfill that had garbage dumped there on 1 november fwiw

eta: http://www.fox41.com/ they also said in the last report they would have live updates on the hour... so next one should be coming up shortly

At 220 pounds, O’Bryan is nearly twice as big as his alleged victim and more than twice as old. A neighbor who doesn’t want to identified said “He really seems like sort of a shy, scared type of guy.” The neighbor lived beside O'Bryan for more than 5 years in an apartment building on Kenilworth Place.
He said O'Bryan didn't work, liked to play videogames and often had company. “I know he did have some male visitors from time to time,” said the neighbor.
Current neighbor Bryan Garrett says that continued when O'Bryan recently moved into his current apartment, where the alleged murder occurred.
“He had a lot of little boys going in there and stuff,” said Garrett.
“Did any of them look like they were under 18?” asked Adam Walser.
“All of them. All of them,” said Garrett.

http://www.whas11.com/news/Neighbors-of-Comptons-alleged-killer-talk-to-WHAS11-106989643.html

another snip from this link:

His only other brushes with the law happened when he was charged with robbing a business in 1994, and when he was arrested for public intoxication and receiving a stolen vehicle in 1998.

I wonder what goodies they'll find on his hard drive, assuming he did not destroy it.

The search has been halted for the night as the sun set over the landfill in Jackson County. Search crews will resume their search for evidence Wednesday morning.

Meanwhile, family and friends will gather at 8 p.m. for a candlelight vigil in Louisville to remeber 18-year-old Andrew Compton of Carmel. Compton was a student at Sullivan University.

A Louisville Metro Police spokeswoman said they are still searching for his body.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-louisville-police-arrest-man-f-110910,0,1067092.story

At 220 pounds, O’Bryan is nearly twice as big as his alleged victim and more than twice as old. A neighbor who doesn’t want to identified said “He really seems like sort of a shy, scared type of guy.” The neighbor lived beside O'Bryan for more than 5 years in an apartment building on Kenilworth Place.
He said O'Bryan didn't work, liked to play videogames and often had company. “I know he did have some male visitors from time to time,” said the neighbor.
Current neighbor Bryan Garrett says that continued when O'Bryan recently moved into his current apartment, where the alleged murder occurred.

http://www.whas11.com/news/Neighbors-of-Comptons-alleged-killer-talk-to-WHAS11-106989643.html

His only other brushes with the law happened when he was charged with robbing a business in 1994, and when he was arrested for public intoxication and receiving a stolen vehicle in 1998.

slightly delayed reaction.

what is wrong with people? if I ever observed boys and/or girls going to an adult's house, I would at least ask around to see if anyone knew if anyone knew what was going on, i.e. relatives or maybe someone watching kids after school or whatever.

so this neighbor observed what he said were boys under the age of 18 going to the O'Bryan house. Now that the local police have a case against O'Bryan, no doubt thanks to the efforts of the Carmel, IN police dept, I wonder if any KY laws apply to neighbors who saw what appeared to be his contributing to the deliquency of minors and not saying anything.

Imagine that another story of a quiet guy who kept to himself, then possibly murdered someone. I bet this guy strangled Andrew or something. I highly doubt Andrew died from drug use as he doesn't seem the type, but time will tell I hope so this guy gets his due. This guy didn't even work. How does a 40 year old man not work and play video games all day.:waitasec: And the guy hangs out with young boys in his apartment as the neighbor stated. Boy this just gets better. :loser:

Here's an interesting question.

If someone is murdered in one state and if the body is found in another state, which jurisdiction would file the murder charge?

Would the murder charge be filed in the state where the crime occurred, or in the state where the body was found, or would federal charges be filed in federal court on account of the crime going across a state line?

Here's an interesting question.

If someone is murdered in one state and if the body is found in another state, which jurisdiction would file the murder charge?

Would the murder charge be filed in the state where the crime occurred, or in the state where the body was found, or would federal charges be filed in federal court on account of the crime going across a state line?

don't quote me on this but by his own admission (for whatever its worth) O'Bryan said Andrew died in his home. assuming a murder charge sticks, as opposed to manslaughter, depraved indifference, etc, it should be where the crime was committed. there is no indication yet that O'Bryan crossed state lines so if the dump truck took the body out of state, I don't see this as a federal charge.

now if there is child *advertiser censored* on his computer, that is a different charge.

Now a neighbor says he had lots of young boys going in and out?? Good grief...

I feel simply nauceous! Poor Andrew. Only 18...he barely had a chance to live his life. How DARE this abuser take his life!! :furious:

RIP Andrew. You deserved so much more in life.

My thoughts are with his family. You have seen the worst of our society. I am so sorry that you have to deal with it for the rest of your lives. Please keep your wonderful memories of Andrew close to your hearts and know that there are so many others of us out here who would have wrapped their arms around Andrew to protect him, if only we could have known. :cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back