KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, fatally shot multiple times by LE, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020 #2

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Shooting of Breonna Taylor - Wikipedia

Breonna Taylor is the lone woman in a tragedy that has sparked outrage across the nation and the globe.

_112252592_image.jpg

Breonna Taylor's legacy: Caring, ‘super goofy’ and treasured her job as a paramedic

Before 1 a.m. on March 13, police fired into an apartment on Louisville’s southwest side, not far from the state line.

Attorneys for Taylor’s family say Taylor’s boyfriend, fearing a home invasion, fired a single shot toward noise he heard coming from the front door. Police, attorneys say, responded by firing off more than 20 rounds, some of which traveled into nearby apartments.

Eight of those shots found Taylor in an apartment hallway, ending a life that began June 5, 1993, in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Until 2016, she served as an emergency medical technician for Louisville Metro Emergency Medical Services.

Most recently, she worked at Norton Hospital as a PRN and at Jewish Hospital as an ER technician.

KY- Breonna Taylor, 26, fatally shot by LE, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020 *MEDIA, TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

Thread #1

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Unless there is MSM to the contrary, the bf is a victim in this case.

The original victim blaming post and all responses have been removed.

MOD NOTE

To be certain everyone knows that the info you are discussing in your post can be linked back to an MSM article that contains the facts you are referencing, it is a good idea to include the link in all subsequent posts. You can also quote the post that contains the link. Many members come into a fast moving thread without the luxury of time to read all prior posts that contain links, and thus do not know if what you are referencing was indeed substantiated by a MSM article or LE statement. They can then ask for the link or report the post.

At some point after much discussion some info becomes understood as fact in a case and readers generally know what info has been repeatedly substantiated and thus accepted without a link. It is not exactly a hard and fast rule because it depends on a number of issues - the amount of traffic on a thread, the prevalence of info in MSM, the history of the case etc. Again, to be certain your opinions and comments are understood, it is safest to provide links to the MSM substantiation OR be prepared to do so when requested.

ALSO, ALL members are encouraged to read the most recent articles listed in the MEDIA thread for the case. That way everyone is current on the latest info substantiated by MSM and LE. Reminder that the Media thread is NOT for discussion, but only for posting links to
MSM publications about the case.

Hope that helps a bit.
CocoChanel

PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE IN A BICKERING MATCH OR DEBATE WITH ANOTHER MEMBER.

If you take issue with someone’s post please report it and a moderator will decide how it should be handled. It is a violation of TOS to incite conflict on a thread simply to be argumentative, and those who seek to do so will have posting privileges revoked. Do not reply just to argue. State your own opinion without quoting or replying directly to others if you oppose them. That will go a long way to keeping this thread open, and save the moderators’ time and sanity.

Please.
And THANK YOU!

CocoChanel

Breonna Taylor's boyfriend talks about future they planned - Video

Breonna Taylor's boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, spoke to CBS' Gayle King about the night Taylor was shot and killed by police, and what justice would mean for him.
I watched a good part of this and must say I feel even more awful for her life cut short - I really want all the information to become public so this can never happen again
JMO

thank you to everyone who is posting the media updates to her media thread - it’s so helpful for catching up !

Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend says police didn’t try to save her as she lay dying

“If they had knocked on the door and say who it was, we could hear them. It was dead silent.”

Feeling “deathly afraid”, Walker said the couple scrambled to put on some clothes to make themselves “decent to answer the door”.

“Then I grabbed my gun,” he said.

A licensed gun owner, Walker said the moment was “the one time” he had to use it. He said if they had known it was the police they would have just opened the door to them.

Then the door flew off its hinges. Thinking it was a home invasion, Walker fired a single shot.

Then police opened fire. Walker said he had never heard so many gunshots at the same time. “I’ve never been to war. But I assume that’s what war probably sounds like,” he said.

He had been holding Taylor’s hand during the gunfire when he heard her scream. “I pulled her down to the ground. But, you know, she was scared so she just didn’t get down,” he said.

When shots stopped, Walker said Taylor was alive and bleeding. He called his mother as he held her. “I told her that somebody just kicked in the door and shot Breonna. And she’s freaking out at this point. But she told me to call 911. So I did,” Walker said.

The gut-wrenching 911 call has since been made public. On the 911 call an operator asks Walker if his girlfriend is conscious and Walker says: “No she is not. Bre, oh my God.”

If he knew it was the police who broke in, he would not have called the police for help. “That doesn’t even make sense,” he said. Walker said he hung up on 911 and called Taylor’s mother. When he realized the police were at the door, he thought they had responded to his call and had come to help.

Walker went to them, only to face guns drawn and threats of “dogs and whatever else”.

Walker said an officer asked him if he was hit with any bullets. When he said no, the officer replied: “That’s unfortunate.” Swat team video shows officers calling the area “a crime scene”.
“Let’s go ahead and move out. All right, she’s done,” an officer can be heard saying

Body-camera footage from that night shows Walker outside with police. He said they dragged him down the street barefoot to the squad car “on gravel, rocks and everything”. Walker said he still has the injuries on his feet.

A short time later a plainclothes officer told Walker there had been a “miscommunication”. Police charged him with attempted murder of a police officer, but never told him directly that Taylor was killed. Those charges against Walker have since been dropped.

“I was in the cell ... on the news … and they said one female dead,” he said.

Walker told King he believes that if he had been killed alongside Taylor that night, the public would “definitely not” be hearing her story or know the name Breonna Taylor.

@TravisRagsdale

Pretty strong statement of denial on Detective John Mattingly’s involvement in the search warrant that allowed police to raid the home of Breonna Taylor.
According to Detective Joshua Jaynes, Mattingly told him that drug suspect Jamarcus Glover was receiving packages at Taylor’s home in Feb. Mattingly’s attorney claims that never happened. So, a lot of finger pointing going on here.
@WDRBNews

Attachments

• 0E79F225-2CED-44E8-B07A-7463AC499DAA.jpeg
    0E79F225-2CED-44E8-B07A-7463AC499DAA.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 14
I was able to watch the interrogation video's of LE being interrogation by PIU detectives I heard the detective ask Hankison if he had taken the time to open his body cam account to see what was recorded that night? And be was also asked if he had thru his account logged into other officer body cam footage.

Well did they have body cams rolling during the raid or not.
And I never knew Officers could review what was on their body
cams or on their fellow officers body cams.

If they can review it, can they also delete it?

I was able to watch the interrogation video's of LE being interrogation by PIU detectives I heard the detective ask Hankison if he had taken the time to open his body cam account to see what was recorded that night? And be was also asked if he had thru his account logged into other officer body cam footage.

I haven't seen that video. Where did you find it?

A quick google of can police officer delete bodycam video indicates to me that they can - JMO

more:

Link to Det. Mike Kuzma (Audio) Interview

Link to Det. Joshua Jaynes (Audio) Interview

Link to Shivley Sgt. Timothy Salyer (Audio) Interview

Last edited:
@TravisRagsdale

Pretty strong statement of denial on Detective John Mattingly’s involvement in the search warrant that allowed police to raid the home of Breonna Taylor.
According to Detective Joshua Jaynes, Mattingly told him that drug suspect Jamarcus Glover was receiving packages at Taylor’s home in Feb. Mattingly’s attorney claims that never happened. So, a lot of finger pointing going on here.
@WDRBNews
Ok so who saw JG pick the package up from Breonna's house or was that seen on a surveillance video. I am losing track a bit now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back