KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing it's nothing? Boy this is a tough one. I too feel so very sorry for Crystal's brother and sister. They have had no life at all except looking for Crystal. Sad for them.
I'm sure it's devastating but they've still managed to find happiness. Her sister ended up getting married a couple years later and having a baby. Her brother has kind of taken over and filled in that spot that Tommy left behind.

I'm sure it's devastating but they've still managed to find happiness. Her sister ended up getting married a couple years later and having a baby. Her brother has kind of taken over and filled in that spot that Tommy left behind.
Thank you. That makes me feel some better for their family. I remember you now. You followed this very closely. Do you think there will ever be justice for Crystal?

Drugs! Possibly in Bardstown! Quite a twist tonight with that introduced. But really what town, city isn 't dealing with drugs.

Nothing much has been said about I think a mother and daughter murdered. What went on there?

I saw the first 2 episodes on Verizon's On Demand, then for some reason they took them all down. So I haven't been able to watch the 2nd and 3rd episodes!!!

I've been watching the episodes on Oxygen--so far Episodes 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 have been aired and are being repeated. Episode 7--"Leaving Bardstown" will be next Saturday and seems to be the last one. (There isn't an episode 3, but 2 flows right into 4, so I think they made a numbering mistake.)

I've been watching the episodes on Oxygen--so far Episodes 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 have been aired and are being repeated. Episode 7--"Leaving Bardstown" will be next Saturday and seems to be the last one. (There isn't an episode 3, but 2 flows right into 4, so I think they made a numbering mistake.)

Episode 1 - The Vanishing Point Aug 11th
Episode 2 - The Search Continues Aug 18th
Episode 3 - Cold and Calculating Aug 25th
Episode 4 - A Murder Most Foul Sept 1st
The 5th and final episode will be aired on Sept 8th.

Thank you. That makes me feel some better for their family. I remember you now. You followed this very closely. Do you think there will ever be justice for Crystal?

I really, REALLY hope so :( I think if the commonwealth atty would prosecute if they had at least one of the following: body, a confession, OR a credible corroborating witness. I really don't think they have any DNA evidence. I think they thought they were going to but when it all came back, it wasn't anything that could be linked back to her. I think he's just really worried about taking it to trial and then BH getting an acquittal. He only has that one chance. I don't know what all they have but I really think they just need a little bit more to be confident.

Drugs! Possibly in Bardstown! Quite a twist tonight with that introduced. But really what town, city isn 't dealing with drugs.

Nothing much has been said about I think a mother and daughter murdered. What went on there?
Their's really bothers me. It was so brutal. It's unnerving to think about.

I kind of lean towards a drug angle. I don't necessarily think it was cartel involvement. Nelson Co is pretty big in respects to some of the other surrounding counties. It has around 45k residents and with it being so close to Louisville, the drug problem has definitely gotten worse over the years. It was always a hotbed for growers and the cornbread mafia but heroin and meth are pretty big all over the state.

I really, REALLY hope so :( I think if the commonwealth atty would prosecute if they had at least one of the following: body, a confession, OR a credible corroborating witness. I really don't think they have any DNA evidence. I think they thought they were going to but when it all came back, it wasn't anything that could be linked back to her. I think he's just really worried about taking it to trial and then BH getting an acquittal. He only has that one chance. I don't know what all they have but I really think they just need a little bit more to be confident.
I agree. They only have one turn to bring it to trial. Maybe the waiting...drip..drip..drip..Will make the guilty nervous and on edge every single day!
With the lack of evidence I don't think this was a spur of the moment murder. I think it was well planned out just like Tommy and the police officers murder.

I need to read about the other two.

Thank you, karenky. They were badly numbered on Dish.

I'm agreeing with a drug tie-in. If Officer Ellis was getting close, Crystal saw or heard something she shouldn't have (whether from someone she knew or a stranger) and her father was getting to close to discovering what Crystal saw/heard..... That would make sense.

In a series of fiction books I've read, they had set a major drug distribution center just outside of a small town. With the easy access to Louisville, this could be a possibility.

Does anyone remember the sudden series of burglaries at storage facilities? There were several in a relatively short period of time, before Officer Ellis was killed. Might just be a coincidence.

Finally an update on the remains found in Waddy last February. They are not Crystal :(
WLKY News at Noon - had a live PC about the remains
Police trying to determine what happened to man whose remains were found in Shelby County
Officials in Shelby County are trying to determine what happened to a man whose remains were found in a rural area last year.

Two dogs discovered a human skull in a rural area of Waddy in February 2017.
The body was that of an out-of-state man who had been reported missing by his family.

I watched the final yesterday. Not much at all. An informant from jail gave some info but never sure about that kind of info.
Not sure the four are connected. After watching the complete series I don't think they are connected. Well to back up I do think Crystal and her dad Tommy's murders are connected. I think Tommy was a problem to whomever murdered Crystal and they wanted him to go away permanently.
The policeman's death might have been from a discovery about drugs and burglarized storage lockers. The Netherland's deaths maybe gang related? The above are not my opinions but those told by a prisoner to the show.
I had hoped for much more after so long.

In a series of fiction books I've read, they had set a major drug distribution center just outside of a small town. With the easy access to Louisville, this could be a possibility.

RSBM

Louisville is in Jefferson County, and just south (approx 20 mi) is Shepherdsville (Bullitt County), and then approx 20 miles south there's Bardstown (Nelson County).

This 2015 does not represent all LE (former or active) in the state... but I am sharing anyway.

Former Bullitt special deputy indicted on drug charges, linked to Mexican cartel

Follow-up

Former Bullitt County special deputy sentenced to 3 years in prison on drug charges

And...

Louisville drug task force halted amid scandal

KY county map for reference:

Kentucky County Map

Louisville area cartel association:

A look at the Mexican drug cartel pipeline from southern California to Kentucky

Officials: Louisville drug ring tied to cartel

Last edited:
RSBM

Louisville is in Jefferson County, and just south (approx 20 mi) is Shepherdsville (Bullitt County), and then approx 20 miles south there's Bardstown (Nelson County).

This 2015 does not represent all LE (former or active) in the state... but I am sharing anyway.

Former Bullitt special deputy indicted on drug charges, linked to Mexican cartel

Follow-up

Former Bullitt County special deputy sentenced to 3 years in prison on drug charges

And...

Louisville drug task force halted amid scandal

KY county map for reference:

Kentucky County Map

Louisville area cartel association:

A look at the Mexican drug cartel pipeline from southern California to Kentucky

Officials: Louisville drug ring tied to cartel

Oh my. Maybe one or more of the four opened up a real can of worms. Tommy must have been digging everywhere and that Police officer might have found something. Could Crystal overheard things nobody wanted repeated or heard.

I never followed the Netherlands. The informant mentioned a gang initiation. Just the picture of their serene home setting didn't speak to gangs. Could that be?

Oh my. Maybe one or more of the four opened up a real can of worms. Tommy must have been digging everywhere and that Police officer might have found something. Could Crystal overheard things nobody wanted repeated or heard.

I never followed the Netherlands. The informant mentioned a gang initiation. Just the picture of their serene home setting didn't speak to gangs. Could that be?

I personally don't think it was the gang they kind of insinuate it to be on the show. They were kind of a joke and I don't think they're even around anymore. It was mostly a bunch of idiot kids. They just don't seem sophisticated enough to pull any of it off and not make a mistake. If it were gang related, I would think it would be from outside of the county.

I'm a 1st time poster to this thread. I happened to flipping channels this weekend and watched "The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers" on Oxygen. Some of my thoughts after watching this first episode and not knowing of the case beforehand:

1) we all think we know what happens in a police investigation from watching true crime and CSI, Law & Order etc. But what happens in reality never ceases to amaze me. You can only submit 10 items to the crime lab? Really Kentucky?! No wonder this case or any case for that matter isn't solved! If this is indeed true, and I was a citizen in KY, I would contact every elected official I knew and implore them to figure out something better.

2) Crystal did not drive the car to the interstate.

3) Tommy Ballard was murdered and it is related to Crystal's disappearance.

4) Brooks Houck's interview with Nancy Grace is a ridiculous red flag. He starts every answer with "That is a great question Nancy, thank you for asking." This IMOO is somebody with something to hide

5) In the police interview with Brooks Houck, Mr. Houck does not seem concerned at all about finding Crystal, nor does he seem worried about Crystal....it's the Mother of his child and he seems all calm and fine. I was more worried and distressed when my dogs went missing than he is about the Mother of his child

6) 2nd ridiculous red flag, his brother the police officer calls him in the middle of his questioning and tells him to leave?!

7) 3rd ridiculous red flag, Houck casually mentions in his police interview that he started a fire on his farm the night before it's known Crystal is missing?! Has the Houck farm been searched thoroughly?

8) So if you kill your girlfriend while your infant son is with you, you need help. He would need someone to help take the car to leave it on the interstate and drive them back. And help with the baby. The PO brother is involved and possibly others are involved in helping him that night.

All of this is MOO
I, too, found Brooks Houcks' interview answers to be disingenuous, to the point of being absurd. I think they've got the attention where it belongs on that one.

Watching The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers right now (Oxygen). I just wanted to add that I'm in college right now and one class I'm taking is Crime Scene Processing and I was shocked to learn the other day that our lab here in our county (I live in NC) can only accept ten items of evidence for processing as well. My professor said that if they want to test more items they can send it off to a lab where you have to pay but they usually don't do that because they don't have the funds to do it. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

Watching The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers right now (Oxygen). I just wanted to add that I'm in college right now and one class I'm taking is Crime Scene Processing and I was shocked to learn the other day that our lab here in our county (I live in NC) can only accept ten items of evidence for processing as well. My professor said that if they want to test more items they can send it off to a lab where you have to pay but they usually don't do that because they don't have the funds to do it. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

The state lab will accept more than 10 here (in Kentucky), but they ask that only 10 be sent initially. They'll help the crime scene tech decide which 10 are the most "valuable" if they aren't sure. They do it for efficiency and to try and rule out or not rule out possible suspects quickly. If those 10 don't yield what they're looking for, they'll accept and process more. Essentially, what they don't want, is for a bunch of evidence that has no value to be thrown in bags and dumped off at the lab. Someone who works in KSP's lab actually posted a reply about what was said in the show because it wasn't as black and white as the show portrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member