KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if anyone has ever floated this idea.... It’s been weighing on my mind lately. Brooks construction company....it would be possible for him to conceal her body in a concrete job of a home he is building. The night he left the farm he recieved a 13 second phone call at midnight. The man that called him said he was looking for house number info. Would it be possible that that’s where her body may have been taken?

Trying to catch up some here. That 13 second phone call at midnitght.... those investigating should have the origin of that phone call.

I’m not sure if anyone has ever floated this idea.... It’s been weighing on my mind lately. Brooks construction company....it would be possible for him to conceal her body in a concrete job of a home he is building. The night he left the farm he recieved a 13 second phone call at midnight. The man that called him said he was looking for house number info. Would it be possible that that’s where her body may have been taken?

Trying to catch up some here. That 13 second phone call at midnitght.... those investigating should have the origin of that phone call.

How old is their son now? If he reports to say a therapist, he or she would not be required to report to LE, correct? (Unless the child's life is in imminent danger.)
They would be considered mandatory reporters and would have to inform LE. Doesn’t mean LE would even investigate as we would expect but they certainly should. IMO

Six years later: Feds continue Crystal Rogers investigation | whas11.com

...snipped by me

Family and police continued to search for months, with no new clues. Until three months later, when then-Sheriff Ed Mattingly announced Rogers' was officially presumed dead. "There's certain things that people do when they're on this earth and she has vanished from earth. I think its safe to say that she's dead", he said.

The sheriff's office named Houck as the main suspect in her disappearance that day. But he was never charged.

Since then, there was few developments in the case until the summer of 2020, when the FBI announced they were taking over as the lead investigators.

Federal officers served search warrants on Houck family properties, went through Rogers' storage unit- which had never been searched before- and announced they would be completing hundreds of interviews in their search for the truth.

"We want to get it right. We want to ensure that our part in this investigation-that we are doing everything we can to solve the case. Sometimes moving fast isn't the best solution for any kind of complex investigation like this. So it has taken some time," Brian Jones, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, Louisville field office, said.

This week the FBI provided WHAS11 with this update on the investigation:

"As the sixth anniversary of the disappearance of Crystal Rogers approaches, FBI Louisville remains steadfast in its investigation. Our investigators continue to uncover information and are working diligently to piece together what truly happened on July 3, 2015. The FBI will continue to use all available resources to bring this investigation to an appropriate conclusion."

There will be a prayer vigil for Rogers' at St. Thomas Parish in Bardstown Wednesday July 7 at 7:30.

I wonder if the call was from an employee of his. For some reason he bailed an employee's wife out of jail when she was arrested for pretending to be a lawyer. They were facing eviction. She said Brooks let them live into a new house of his. Bought them all new furniture and paid for their Christmas.

Bumping! Also I’ve been spending too much time on the Suzanne Morphew thread where the court recently held a preliminary hearing where we learned that LE believe her husband killed or disabled her with a tranquilizer bullet shot from a short rifle which he also been additionally charged with illegal possession of. Barry and Suzanne were from Indiana, Barry’s lifestyle and background are very similar to BM’s. Barry has also been very smug since his wife’s disappearance.

I would suggest some of you head over to that thread if you have time. Very interesting with more to come soon but also because it has weighed heavily on my heart what happened to Crystal. Similar situations and relationships. Anyone else think a tranquilizer may have taken Crystal out initially or permanently? IMO TIA

It was asked minutes ago whether there were pig farms near the Morphews and agreed upon. My brain and heart went straight to Crystal.

FBI Louisville says “based on information collected over the last year by the federal investigation into the disappearance of Crystal Rogers, FBI Louisville is now conducting several searches in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision.”
Crystal Rogers: FBI conducting new searches in Bardstown
*I just saw this. Please oh please let her be found…

But an FBI Louisville spokesman told The Courier Journal in an email that agents will be in Bardstown "definitely all day today, but ultimate timeline will be dependent on what is found. We will be there as long as it takes."
Crystal Rogers Bardstown, KY missing: FBI search subdivision

Thanks for the info. Anyone recall anything specific about this neighborhood they’re searching? Was this an area where Brooks had rental properties? TIA.

“According to public record, Houck Rental owns 3 lots in this neighborhood. The registered agent on file with the SOS for Houck Rentals LLC is Brooks Houck. Houck is the main suspect in Rogers’ disappearance. He has never been charged in the case.”
source - https://twitter.com/shaymcalistertv/status/1430144612686090245?s=21

Thanks for the info. Anyone recall anything specific about this neighborhood they’re searching? Was this an area where Brooks had rental properties? TIA.
According to the Home Owners' Association, Woodlawn Springs is a 250-acre residential community that includes nearly 280 homes. The subdivision is located between Bluegrass Parkway and U.S. 62., near Dean Watts Park.

Documents from the Nelson County PVA show that Houck Rentals LLC owns three homes in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision. Brooks Houck, Rogers' boyfriend and the main suspect in her disapperance, is listed as the registered agent for Houck Rentals.

FBI Louisville searches Woodlawn Springs for Crystal Rogers | whas11.com

The FBI is actively searching three locations in the area of North Howard Street in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision as part of the ongoing Crystal Rogers investigation.

An FBI spokesman said their crews arrived at about 7:30 Tuesday morning. In addition to a large mobile evidence truck, the FBI had erected several tents. Several presumed cadaver dogs were also at work with their handlers when the Gazette reporter was on the scene at about 8:15 a.m.
FBI searching N. Howard St. properties with cadaver dogs in Crystal Rogers case

Law enforcement has not identified the addresses of the areas being searched, but said the homeowners are not considered suspects.
FBI searching Woodlawn Springs area | KYStandard.com

Last edited:
Shay McAlister
3h ·
1f6a8.png
RIGHT NOW
1f6a8.png
The FBI is back out searching in Bardstown in connection to the Crystal Rogers case. The dog pictured appears to be a cadaver dog. Here’s what the FBI is telling me:
“Based on information gathered by the federal investigation over the last year, FBI Louisville is now conducting several searches in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision. We are not providing the specific addresses of the searches in an effort to protect the privacy of the affected homeowners. These residents are not considered suspects.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80