Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

Rocky Road- Are they getting much help from the private investigator they hired?

Rocky Road- Are they getting much help from the private investigator they hired?

I really am not sure. I think sometimes it seems so, and other times, the communication is not good and everyone wonders. I think it's probably standard procedure for investigators not to share findings with loved ones or those who are emotionally involved, so as not to let things leak out, but it is frustrating not to be told anything and wonder whether anyone at all is searching or investigating. It could be that there is much information that has been gathered, but they do not yet feel it is time to reveal that since Mike has not been found. It does seem that police know something they are not telling, since they stopped the search without reason. Either that or they have someone in charge that is not concerned. If you notice in the video, it appears there were police at the scene who were supportive of the search and cooperating. The individual who stopped the search was in a higher position of authority, so many questions right now about all this. It would be good if everyone were on the same page, but that just does not seem to be the case. Telling parents of a missing person, who are doing all that they know to do to find their son, with no guidance or direction from law enforcement, that they "just need to go home", seems insensitive and heartless though. I cannot help but wonder if the situation were reversed, and Mike's wife had suddenly gone missing during the night, with no explanations, no evidence, shoes left behind, etc., and Mike had waited to report and given the same details that were given in this case......WHAT would her parents have done to try to find her? and would police have responded exactly the same? Would her disappearance be kept quiet, with no prayer request or special mass at church for her safety or return? Would police act as though they do not want to talk to her parents when the parents come in wanting information? What would Mike have done to try to find his missing wife? Just thinking about if the roles were reversed, it sort of makes one stop and think that if it were his wife missing, there may be a different response by LE. Of course, there is no way to know, but just thinking about that scenario makes it a little clearer how inept the investigation seems to be.

I know in the quarry search the news reports said the algae was so thick that a helicopter? Had to be called in to break it up. So, I would imagine, you can't see or dive through it, and when you break it up, you can't see through it until it settles. My assumption was of them calling it off was because of the algae. I wish someone could tell us the experts opinion of the dogs tracking him there. I think if you wanted to drown yourself you would not have to walk that far for a body of water. The quarry is like 6 miles from Mike's house. Ponds are closer and lots of them. Plus, if someone would have put Mike's body there, or forced him in the quarry, they were taking a chance, because there is nothing to shield the view of the entire quarry. It is out in the open. But also, Divers might not have gotten to thoroughly search, and Mike could have been inside something or attached to something, to keep him underwater.
I don't think he walked away from his life to start another. I think that a middle class well accomplished man and father would have the resources to move out if this marriage was over and still have stability for his son. What would be so heinous that would require him to vanish to start a new life? Why would he need to vanish? Who would give up their middle class lifestyle for the unknown---when you have done nothing to hide from.
I still say his remains are in one of the wooded area near his home, dying from his own hand that night he vanished. While it might be harder to do then just walk away, evidently this is the preferable method of getting out of a horrid situation.

Do we know any more about MK health? I think he had 2 surgeries to hip and shoulder. MK had been out of work for a year that seems like a long time. I am wondering if he was in pain or for some reason could not pass his physical to fly again. That would put a strain on him. Pain and the fact he went missing somewhere around 4:00 am, MK wasn't thinking right.

The reason I wonder about MK health is my uncle committed suicide because he was in pain from his back. He did leave us a note. Telling everyone he loved them but could not take the pain anymore. A payout check had come and was in the bank and he thought that was the best he could leave his wife. We still wondered because we could not believe he would do something like this, a Christian man, happy family and big money in the bank. He was found in his car about 6 miles from their home.

Someone needs to get Equusearch involved and my guess he is somewhere around. Both families need to put their swords down and talk. I don't see any benefit for his wife or family with him missing.

I think this man walked out on his life. Very possible he had this all set up for some time.

I know in the quarry search the news reports said the algae was so thick that a helicopter? Had to be called in to break it up. So, I would imagine, you can't see or dive through it, and when you break it up, you can't see through it until it settles. My assumption was of them calling it off was because of the algae. I wish someone could tell us the experts opinion of the dogs tracking him there. I think if you wanted to drown yourself you would not have to walk that far for a body of water. The quarry is like 6 miles from Mike's house. Ponds are closer and lots of them. Plus, if someone would have put Mike's body there, or forced him in the quarry, they were taking a chance, because there is nothing to shield the view of the entire quarry. It is out in the open. But also, Divers might not have gotten to thoroughly search, and Mike could have been inside something or attached to something, to keep him underwater.
I don't think he walked away from his life to start another. I think that a middle class well accomplished man and father would have the resources to move out if this marriage was over and still have stability for his son. What would be so heinous that would require him to vanish to start a new life? Why would he need to vanish? Who would give up their middle class lifestyle for the unknown---when you have done nothing to hide from.
I still say his remains are in one of the wooded area near his home, dying from his own hand that night he vanished. While it might be harder to do then just walk away, evidently this is the preferable method of getting out of a horrid situation.

I don't think statistics are with you on this one, Anchorage - otherwise the suicide rate would be higher than the divorce rate....and I don't think anyone has proof that there was a "horrid situation". Speculation of such has clearly been rampant.

with my deepest sympathy and respect, we have seen, read, and researched many many people on WS who have simply walked out of their seemingly "perfect" life. I AM NOT AT ALL POSITING THAT THIS HAPPENED HERE, just a reminder that there is no ideal recipe for who makes the choice to end their life. We have seen stories here of folks who had great jobs, loving families, plans for the future, strong healthy backgrounds, lots of friends, children who relied upon them, etc. who made that choice for themselves, to the absolute astonishment of everyone who knew that person.

Again, not suggesting it here, but please don't assume it isn't plausible in situations like this, where the missing person seems to have it all...

That said, I hope this man is indeed safe somewhere, but bigger than that, that those who know and love him get the answers they seek soon.

My statement solely was responding to the sentence that stated "...evidently this is the preferable method of getting out of a horrid situation." Which I felt was an overgeneralization about how people on the whole, responded to a "horrid situation".

My statement solely was responding to the sentence that stated "...evidently this is the preferable method of getting out of a horrid situation." Which I felt was an overgeneralization about how people on the whole, responded to a "horrid situation".

But that is all we hear about is the details of his life right before his disappearance. I don't think he would have been happy. Sometimes, there is only so much one can take, put up with, ignore or pretend it does not exist. And you bet that some people escape from their lives by ending it. Common.

It's my understanding it was someone "higher up" in the police department that shut the search down and told the parents to "go home". WHY did they NOT give them a reason? Is there something corrupt going on with this case?

No, not at all, Cutter, I apologize for being unclear. I was referencing the timing of that disclosure. I think it is odd to mention (at least publicly) for the first time that their son told them something bad was going to happen "in his household". It's one thing to say something like that, another thing to say something like that and then disappear. I just wonder why his parents didn't release that earlier in the timeline of him being missing? That's what seemed odd, the timing.
Maybe his parents did tell the police and were told not to say anything to anyone?

with my deepest sympathy and respect, we have seen, read, and researched many many people on WS who have simply walked out of their seemingly "perfect" life. I AM NOT AT ALL POSITING THAT THIS HAPPENED HERE, just a reminder that there is no ideal recipe for who makes the choice to end their life. We have seen stories here of folks who had great jobs, loving families, plans for the future, strong healthy backgrounds, lots of friends, children who relied upon them, etc. who made that choice for themselves, to the absolute astonishment of everyone who knew that person.

Again, not suggesting it here, but please don't assume it isn't plausible in situations like this, where the missing person seems to have it all...

That said, I hope this man is indeed safe somewhere, but bigger than that, that those who know and love him get the answers they seek soon.

And no one is exempt.

Seems like a whole lot said with nothing really said. :thinking:

Interesting and interesting word choices. Helping with "recovery". That is not typically the same as "return". The former implies body recovery, the latter the return of a living person. Very sad.

And all that about knowing things that he can't divulge and things people ha e shared with him are probably all the spouse stuff that has already been divulged. I wouldn't think the parents would need to have the quarry searched or hire a detective if they had any answers.

Seems like a whole lot said with nothing really said. :thinking:

Exactly. If I was a betting woman, I'd say he's pretty sure he has a strong suspicion of what happened and is just trying to nail it all together.

It's been a few weeks since I've had time to spend on the board, I'm sad to learn that Mike's case still has no answers.

Below is only my opinion unless I enter a reference point, I make no claims about what has happened to mike.

A few pages back, I had listed a detailed list of risk factors involving suicide... Today as I was catching up and allowing myself to explore the many possibilities to his disappearance I did wonder how success in life could impact the suicide rate. I found many articles on this subject, one I'm about to reference can be found here... http://mosaicscience.com/story/male-suicide

8 out of 10 suicides are male, and the largest category are middle aged. Men usually succeed in suicide where women often fail, it speculates it may be because of the action taken (men will use methods like gunshot or methods of finality while women will use methods like pills which take longer and can be recovered or are insufficient).

Most suicides are from the existence of multiple reasons, not just one, but often depression is one of the existing reasons. It most commonly precedes a suicide attempt (when studied in persons, male in this case, during the first 24 hours after the failed attempt). Note that MOST depressed persons do NOT attempt suicide (less than 5% attempt suicide in their lifetime). But of those that do, depression does appear to be a key factor.

There are people who are considered to have a personality type, it's called "social perfectionism". These people identify themselves with the roles and responsibilities they believe they have in life from society, such as being a successful leader, perfect husband, etc. to these personality types, it's not about what they expect of them-self but rather what they think others expect of them. They don't want to let others down. Their self esteem, social esteem, and social status is entirely viewed by how they are judged by their social perfectionism. When they can't meet these expectations, their world may crash around them. They can become depressed, they can attempt or successfully commit suicide.

Again, I am NOT saying that Mike was or is a person with this personality type. I have never met the man. But I do know what I've read that his family and friends have stated about him. He was a wonderful father, brother, son, friend, and neighbor. He was accomplished in his ex military career, in his current UPS career as a pilot. This man did not appear to have any skeletons in his closet. He seemed so very perfect and admired by all. I ask myself... Would it be difficult to live up to that image if I did feel that I had I closely held feeling that I was "less-than" worthy in my personal view of myself?

And, IMO, many of these same thoughts also come to mind about leaving on your own accord... Although perhaps IMO they seem less likely. If I were to put myself in that place mentally it seems that an outlet to the pain would be death not remove myself while living from my happiness - my son. But as unless I am genuinely not in that place mentally it would be difficult to rule it out as well.

I pray Mike is still alive, living somewhere getting himself together mentally... Frankly it's the best case scenario in this mystery.

I don't rule out ANY of the scenarios that have been discussed on his posts, although in my gut I feel suicide is the most likely. But I'll be the first to admit I've been wrong many many times with my observation of missing person cases. Sadly were just not privy to all of the information available to the insiders - law enforcement / family / etc.

More thoughts to come in another post on other topics in this case....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why his help find page was taken down?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back