GUILTY KY - Larry, 60, & Sandra Blanton, 53, Oil Springs, Sept 2012

Oh, no! I did not want to think he did something to them, but it doesn't look good. Still... burglary and theft don't necessarily equal a murderer.
I sure hope he didn't do anything to them, but I won't be shocked if it turns out he did.
Are they searching the property around the home?

I agree -burglary and theft don't add up to murder, but there seems to be a very big "pill problem" in that county, and sadly, this wouldn't be the first time someone was murdered for their pills. Or because they wouldn't give them money for pills. JMO...

This is local to my area too, and I am just now hearing about it. |

It is very telling that there have been no searches for the couple and no searches are planned for the future-except for the dogs.

It is very telling that there have been no searches for the couple and no searches are planned for the future-except for the dogs.

It is heartbreaking that they aren't going to search until Sunday. It is HOT here today...and well (nevermind).....

If it was a family member of mine-I would be searchin the place myself!! jmo

Isn't this area quite dense and somewhat hills/mountains?
That is going to be a tough search.

According to the sheriffs department, the son does live with the parents. He is 29 years old.

Anyone know how old the parents are? Sorry, but the reporting is minimal. It's like they are reporting only for the towns people. :banghead:

Who's blue car they supposed left in? Where in FL? (not that I'm buying it) They normally didn't take vacations...so when they do they don't tell kinfolk all about their plans? Nada. They wouldn't be able to use their checks in FL, imo, so that doesn't surprise me of the checks being left, so curious if they have credit cards or if there was a big withdrawal from their a/c. Not looking good for the son. Central KY...29 yr old male still at home. Very unusual, imo. Is he married and have a job outside of helping the couple with the farm? Any other siblings?

We need an update with more info.

I agree -burglary and theft don't add up to murder, but there seems to be a very big "pill problem" in that county, and sadly, this wouldn't be the first time someone was murdered for their pills. Or because they wouldn't give them money for pills. JMO...

Well, that may be true, not disputing you, and I did say I wouldn't be shocked if it was him, but I just hope LE is not zeroing in on the wrong person because of statistics, or because he just doesn't know where they went and is throwing out suggestions. I hate to think a few pills would be a motive for killing your own parents. That's just sick. Yet, I can't imagine going on an extended vacation and not telling your own son what your plans are.
Nothing makes sense in this case.

Anyone know how old the parents are? Sorry, but the reporting is minimal. It's like they are reporting only for the towns people. :banghead:

Who's blue car they supposed left in? Where in FL? (not that I'm buying it) They normally didn't take vacations...so when they do they don't tell kinfolk all about their plans? Nada. They wouldn't be able to use their checks in FL, imo, so that doesn't surprise me of the checks being left, so curious if they have credit cards or if there was a big withdrawal from their a/c. Not looking good for the son. Central KY...29 yr old male still at home. Very unusual, imo. Is he married and have a job outside of helping the couple with the farm? Any other siblings?

I wish I could answer all of your questions, and mine too! I have sent messages, but have been told they can't be answered because its an ongoing investigation.

The parents are 50ish-semi-retired, own a farm and they don't take vacations. Sandra called her Mom everyday, until the 5th then nothing. The news reported there has been no bank transactions since the same day. All of their vehicles are in the driveway, the son has given two entirely different stories.
Story A:
Parents went to Florida on vacation.
Story B:
Parents went camping.

This is so frustrating to me. I can't believe there hasn't been anything reported ....

Blue car?! Who knows -that came from the sons FIRST story. All of their vehicles have been accounted for. No they can't use the checks, but they haven't made any withdrawals or deposits since the 5th. When I go on vacation-I virtually drain mine. Maybe thats just me.

I have no idea if "Willie" has a job or not. Great questions, I wish I had all the answers for you :(

Grayson isn't far from me either!! "Howdy neighbor!!"...

Sadly the cases are very similar. I will never understand how anyone could murder another human being, let alone their parents.

45min from Grayson here :seeya: hi neighbors :)
- big pill problem in Grayson from what I hear.
Roughly 70 miles from Oil Springs, only been as far as Louisa in that area...

The one interview I saw of the son gave me pause, he came across as immature, childlike or something to me? Somebody help me find the appropriate description...or am I misinterpreting that one interview?

I agree, murdering parents, how? But I'm also saying this based on my experiences with a not perfect, but overall positive family life. People live and experience things I'm sure I can't begin to imagine... :(

Howdy, neighbor!!
It really makes me feel good to know there are some great "sleuthers" in my area-here on this forum!! YAY!!

Louisa, Ky is one of my fav getaways! I love the lake there.

I agree about the interview. I have watched it at least a dozen times. I think the reason he says "I have a picture of her" was his way of saying that he is trying to cooperate with LE. I feel like I should know these people, but I don't. But I bet I have seen both the son and the Mom before...somewhere.

They are having the Apple Festival there this weekend, so that might be why they are wating until Sunday to search the farm. It must be very hard on Sandra's Mom. I'm not sure if the son harmed them, but it sure seems (with what little we know) that he is knee deep in this.)

Cadaver dogs to search Blanton property
Johnson County Sheriff Dwayne Price says a search of the home and surrounding property of a missing Oil Springs couple will take place this weekend.
Specially trained dogs will be used in the search and the dogs, the sheriff said, could not be made available to his office before the weekend.
The sudden disappearance of Larry Blanton and his wife, Sandra, has family, neighbors, and police perplexed.
According to Price, Sandra Blanton’s mother, who lives in Ohio, said she regularly spoke with her daughter every day but had not any communication with her since Sept. 5.

http://www.paintsvilleherald.com/

I don't believe they are on the property. TBH, I don't think they will be found, but I hope LE surprise me and do. So many caves, mines and just the plain wilderness of the surrounding mountains...for miles and miles. IMO

The one interview I saw of the son gave me pause, he came across as immature, childlike or something to me? Somebody help me find the appropriate description...(

developmentally different- differently abled- person with a disability.
I hope he has not been taken advantage of- told a story to or any other horrible
thing like that

ETA: Ok- finally found some headphones- the teens have taken the speakers... I watched & listened. I would think Grandma & the neighbors would be able to tell LE if the son is a person with a disability. I hope someone did not take his parents in a blue car- they went willingly, telling the son "We're taking a vacation to Florida, we're going camping" in fear for his safety- and/or hoping that eventually someone with the proper training could get the whole story out of him correctly- and if he told that to Grandma- she would know something was up... or someone set him/this up-telling him they must have gone on vacation- we didn't hurt them. Total speculation- I don't know him- but other factors; his age, single, living at home are soft signs he may have mild to moderate intellectual issues.

I am just now seeing this case. It seems to me that the son didn't bother to create much of a story. I think that indicates that he figures the police will never find the bodies.

developmentally different- differently abled- person with a disability.
I hope he has not been taken advantage of- told a story to or any other horrible
thing like that

ETA: Ok- finally found some headphones- the teens have taken the speakers... I watched & listened. I would think Grandma & the neighbors would be able to tell LE if the son is a person with a disability. I hope someone did not take his parents in a blue car- they went willingly, telling the son "We're taking a vacation to Florida, we're going camping" in fear for his safety- and/or hoping that eventually someone with the proper training could get the whole story out of him correctly- and if he told that to Grandma- she would know something was up... or someone set him/this up-telling him they must have gone on vacation- we didn't hurt them. Total speculation- I don't know him- but other factors; his age, single, living at home are soft signs he may have mild to moderate intellectual issues.

IMHO i believe he resembles someone with a bad drug/alcohol problem. Last I heard from Sheriff Price he was going to interview him for the third time. Not sure that will change matters, unless he believes that the search will find them.There are so many strip mines/ponds there..i just don't know :(.

I am just now seeing this case. It seems to me that the son didn't bother to create much of a story. I think that indicates that he figures the police will never find the bodies.

I hope you're wrong. Maybe he thinks he is smarter than Sheriff Price. Most ex-cons do believe that they are the "smart ones."

IMHO i believe he resembles someone with a bad drug/alcohol problem. Last I heard from Sheriff Price he was going to interview him for the third time. Not sure that will change matters, unless he believes that the search will find them.There are so many strip mines/ponds there..i just don't know :(.

Oh he definitely could have an addiction- and still not have an "average" IQ. Even easier to be made the scapegoat...Stress exacerbates everything too. As I said- I would believe the neighbors and relatives would know. His mannerisms may be drug related, physically related, psychologically related, a combo of one or more. Or he could have an IQ within the average range, but have a learning disability.
I was really trying to help the person who was looking for the right terminology for description.
Just as one would not introduce an overweight person as "this is my obese friend Bob", one does not define a person with a disability by his disabilty. It is only one trait- not the person.

Oh he definitely could have an addiction- and still not have an "average" IQ. Even easier to be made the scapegoat...Stress exacerbates everything too. As I said- I would believe the neighbors and relatives would know. His mannerisms may be drug related, physically related, psychologically related, a combo of one or more. Or he could have an IQ within the average range, but have a learning disability.
I was really trying to help the person who was looking for the right terminology for description.
Just as one would not introduce an overweight person as "this is my obese friend Bob", one does not define a person with a disability by his disabilty. It is only one trait- not the person.

I agree. I didn't get the impression he had any developmental problems at all, he just sounds like a regular hillbilly from KY to me, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. Yes, he could have several problems we don't know about but I think it's too early to point fingers at anyone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back