GUILTY KY - Ryan Poston, 29, murdered at his Highland Heights home, 12 Oct 2012

Forty years is not long enough and besides she will be paroled before 40 years, no one does the whole time unless it's life without parole. I wonder just how long she will be in prison. Hopefully Ryan's family will be at ever parole hearing and protest her release, because she never showed any mercy for Ryan and no remorse. She is just plain evil and prison will not make her better only worse.

I agree its not long enough. If she behaves and gets time off for good behavior, combined with time already served, she could be out in about 28 years. Personally, I do not believe she can behave well enough to earn release at that time, but have to accept that it is possible.

No, 40 years sure isn't long enough, I also agree. Yes, should be LWOP.

Here's another news station's story that says she'll have to serve 34 years -

NEWPORT, Ky. -- In the end, she never said she was sorry.

Shayna Hubers, convicted earlier this year of killing her former boyfriend, was sentenced Friday to 40 years in prison. She'll have to serve a minimum of 85 percent of the sentence, meaning she won't be eligible for parole for 34 years, by which time she'll nearly be in her 60s.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...enies-shayna-hubers-motion-for-earlier-parole

No, 40 years sure isn't long enough, I also agree. Yes, should be LWOP.

Here's another news station's story that says she'll have to serve 34 years -

NEWPORT, Ky. -- In the end, she never said she was sorry.

Shayna Hubers, convicted earlier this year of killing her former boyfriend, was sentenced Friday to 40 years in prison. She'll have to serve a minimum of 85 percent of the sentence, meaning she won't be eligible for parole for 34 years, by which time she'll nearly be in her 60s.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...enies-shayna-hubers-motion-for-earlier-parole

34 years is 85% of her sentence, but she has already served something like 6 years, so she will be out in less than 30...more like 28, give or take. I can see a parole board letting her out.

Maybe she will not do well in prison and will get a few demerits here and there...that could keep her in a little longer.

34 years is 85% of her sentence, but she has already served something like 6 years, so she will be out in less than 30...more like 28, give or take. I can see a parole board letting her out.

Maybe she will not do well in prison and will get a few demerits here and there...that could keep her in a little longer.

Ryan was murdered in 2012, less than 3 years ago.

Ryan was murdered in 2012, less than 3 years ago.

Oh, sorry for the error and thank you for the correction.

So...she's only served 3 years and won't get out for at least 31 years. That's a relief...NOT!

Motion: Attorneys ask for new trial in Shayna Hubers case after discovering jury member was felon

"NEWPORT, Ky. – The attorneys for Shayna Hubers are asking for a new trial after discovering a convicted felon served on the jury that found her guilty, according to a motion filed Friday.

Hubers, 24, was convicted last year of killing her former boyfriend. A judge sentenced her in August to 40 years in prison. She was ordered to serve a minimum of 85 percent of the sentence, meaning she would not be eligible for parole for 34 years.

But that may not be the end of Hubers’ story.

According to a motion filed in Campbell County Circuit Court, Juror No. 483 did not disclose he was a convicted felon – and therefore, was not qualified to serve on a jury..."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...-case-after-discovering-jury-member-was-felon

Awesome 2 part 48 hours episode on this psychopath tonight. Plus, we get to see a lot of live courtroom action, and her interrogation. Just found out about this case tonight. Well, I saw the 20/20 ep awhile ago when they were calling it the "nose job" Murder, but it wasn't nearly as good and didn't pique my interest in the case like it has after watching 48 hrs . 40 years is not enough time by a long stretch. There might've been a portion of jurors that wanted the max, some probably wanted the minimum (maybe because of her age?) so it seems like a .. Oh, I forget the term where the jury negotiates and settles on a verdict or sentence of somewhere in between. You guys know what I mean? So many JA similarities, it's crazy. Wow!

Sent from my iPhone

Awesome 2 part 48 hours episode on this psychopath tonight. Plus, we get to see a lot of live courtroom action, and her interrogation. Just found out about this case tonight.

I saw this last night and WOAH! That girl is a psycho! At the end they said she would be eligible for parole in 20 years, I think? Frightening!

I saw this last night and WOAH! That girl is a psycho! At the end they said she would be eligible for parole in 20 years, I think?
Frightening!

BBM

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...-case-after-discovering-jury-member-was-felon

Hubers, 24, was convicted last year of killing her former boyfriend. A judge sentenced her in August to 40 years in prison. She was ordered to serve a minimum of 85 percent of the sentence, meaning she would not be eligible for parole for 34 years.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-hubers-murder-conviction-must-wait/86139182/
Challenge to Shayna Hubers' murder conviction must wait

--snip--

A court hearing that will determine if Shayna Hubers’ murder conviction is thrown out because a juror didn’t report he once had been convicted of a felony has been rescheduled for Aug. 22.

Testimony was set to begin Monday in Campbell County Circuit Court, but Judge Fred A. Stine said both prosecutors and Hubers’ attorneys are seeking original video-recordings of the former juror’s plea and sentence hearings from 24 years ago. No transcripts of the hearings apparently exist, although Stine said they would have been recorded on VHS tapes. Both sides want to review the video recordings.

-more@link.

OMG, Hubers better not get any kind of reprieve. She remains a danger to anyone who crosses her and it would be most unfortunate if she were to get out of prison much before her 40 year sentence is served.

Shayna Hubers still looking for a lawyer
Scott Wartman , swartman@nky.com 7:47 p.m. EDT October 7, 2016

Shayna Hubers won a new trial. Now she just needs a lawyer.

Prosecutors were ready to set a trial date on Friday, but Hubers' attorney said her family hadn't picked an attorney for the trial yet.

Her attorney for Friday's hearing, Jeff Lawson, said there are a variety of reasons why she hasn't retained legal counsel for the trial yet.

"I think that everybody is entitled to a bit of breathing space in figuring out exactly how they want to go forward," Lawson said.

Hubers will have a hearing Nov. 7 at 1:30 p.m. to update the status of the case and possibly set a trial date.

:silenced:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Awfuldreamer