KY KY - Samantha Jones Sperry, 25, Graves County, 29 March 2018

Re: Investigation and search into missing person case leads to the arrest of a fugitive.

As part of a continuing investigation into the disappearance of Samantha Sperry, officials continued their search that shifted over and into an area of Bell Road in Graves County near the Marshall County line.

Sheriff’s deputies accompanied by k-9 teams located an underground bunker that was occupied by a wanted person.

At around noon on Tuesday, K-9 teams and Graves sheriff’s detectives were searching a densely wooded area near the Bell Road and Dooms Chapel Road intersection. K-9’s alerted to an area in the woods there. A closer examination of the ground revealed a tunnel dug out into a large underground room.

Graves Sheriff’s Deputy Brooke Nelms went down into the bunker type hole and discovered a living quarters underground, as well as a man hiding inside.

The man was identified as being 41 year old Earnest Dean Hendrickson of the Symsonia area. Hendrickson became a fugitive last November. He was on parole for Manufacturing Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine, Theft of Anhydrous Ammonia with the intent to Manufacture Meth, 1st Degree Fleeing or Evading Police, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree, Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, as well as additional convictions, in Graves, Lyon, McCracken, and Marshall counties. He was paroled from prison on 04-26-18.

The Parole Warrant states that he violated the terms of his parole for the following reasons:
1) Absconding parole supervision
2) Failure to complete treatment for substance abuse.
3) Use of controlled substances (Meth)
4) Use of controlled substance (Marijuana)
5) Use of alcohol
6) Failure to report to parole officer.

After the arrest warrant was issued for Hendrickson last November, law enforcement officials have attempted to locate Hendrickson at a Bell Road residence which was listed as his address. The residence belongs to a close relative and is located several hundred yards from the wooded area where the underground bunker was found.

Two way radio equipment was found underground in the living quarters and is believed to have been the method of communication he used with people at the Bell Road residence for reasons related to his attempt to evade capture. Other drug related items were also recovered. Food, clothing and other related items were also found.

A second smaller underground type bunker was located a short distance from the 1st one an hour or so later.

A large quantity of Methamphetamine was found hidden in this same wooded area several months ago by authorities.

The investigation is continuing.

Earnest Dean Hendrickson was transported to the Mayfield Police Department and interviewed by detectives with Graves County Sheriff’s Office, Mayfield Police, and Kentucky State Police.

He was then lodged at the Graves County Jail.

Sheriff Jon Hayden

55840551_2244243912332635_2977125970714034176_n.png

55939917_2244244078999285_4409261087325683712_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=smantha sperry fugitive bunker&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Re: Investigation and search into missing person case leads to the arrest of a fugitive.

As part of a continuing investigation into the disappearance of Samantha Sperry, officials continued their search that shifted over and into an area of Bell Road in Graves County near the Marshall County line.

Sheriff’s deputies accompanied by k-9 teams located an underground bunker that was occupied by a wanted person.

At around noon on Tuesday, K-9 teams and Graves sheriff’s detectives were searching a densely wooded area near the Bell Road and Dooms Chapel Road intersection. K-9’s alerted to an area in the woods there. A closer examination of the ground revealed a tunnel dug out into a large underground room.

Graves Sheriff’s Deputy Brooke Nelms went down into the bunker type hole and discovered a living quarters underground, as well as a man hiding inside.

The man was identified as being 41 year old Earnest Dean Hendrickson of the Symsonia area. Hendrickson became a fugitive last November. He was on parole for Manufacturing Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine, Theft of Anhydrous Ammonia with the intent to Manufacture Meth, 1st Degree Fleeing or Evading Police, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree, Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, as well as additional convictions, in Graves, Lyon, McCracken, and Marshall counties. He was paroled from prison on 04-26-18.

The Parole Warrant states that he violated the terms of his parole for the following reasons:
5) Use of alcohol

After the arrest warrant was issued for Hendrickson last November, law enforcement officials have attempted to locate Hendrickson at a Bell Road residence which was listed as his address. The residence belongs to a close relative and is located several hundred yards from the wooded area where the underground bunker was found.

Two way radio equipment was found underground in the living quarters and is believed to have been the method of communication he used with people at the Bell Road residence for reasons related to his attempt to evade capture. Other drug related items were also recovered. Food, clothing and other related items were also found.

A second smaller underground type bunker was located a short distance from the 1st one an hour or so later.

A large quantity of Methamphetamine was found hidden in this same wooded area several months ago by authorities.

Earnest Dean Hendrickson was transported to the Mayfield Police Department and interviewed by detectives with Graves County Sheriff’s Office, Mayfield Police, and Kentucky State Police.

Sheriff Jon Hayden

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=smantha sperry fugitive bunker&epa=SEARCH_BOX
Wow. Another horrible dirtbag hideout.

And Samantha Sperry?

I used to work with a woman who lived in Texas in 2003, when the space shuttle crashed, and her husband was in the National Guard and participated in the search for shuttle parts and bodies. (He found a body part; out of respect for the person I won't say who or what it was here, but I will share it with anyone who PMs me. He had to get counseling for PTSD.) Anyway, as we all know, they were looking for 7 bodies, but they actually found 9; the other two turned out to be victims of a serial killer who was later identified and convicted, and neither had even been reported missing at the time.

Sometimes, you find unrelated things while looking for something else, and they can be very big things.

5) Use of alcohol

Sheriff Jon Hayden

doodles1211, Today at 9:36 PM

ETA: brought over from up to the minute news thread
KY- In search for Samantha Sperry a Fugitive is Found in hiding in a Bunker in the Woods

I used to work with a woman who lived in Texas in 2003, when the space shuttle crashed, and her husband was in the National Guard and participated in the search for shuttle parts and bodies. (He found a body part; out of respect for the person I won't say who or what it was here, but I will share it with anyone who PMs me. He had to get counseling for PTSD.) Anyway, as we all know, they were looking for 7 bodies, but they actually found 9; the other two turned out to be victims of a serial killer who was later identified and convicted, and neither had even been reported missing at the time.

Sometimes, you find unrelated things while looking for something else, and they can be very big things.

(bbm)

WOW!
do you have the victims or serial killers names
I wonder if there is a thread here about them

I didn't ask, she didn't tell me, and I haven't investigated further. Sorry.

She did say that this was not reported for some very good reasons

Well, good news. The Feds are now working on the case. Long overdue. I do hope it leads to results.
Graves County interim sheriff says search for Samantha Sperry still 'extremely active'

Monday, Hayden said members of federal law enforcement are committed to helping the Graves County Sheriff’s Department find her, and he feels good about the progress he said is being made.

“We just want to make sure that everything has been done. We want to make sure everything has been done so that everyone will know without any doubt and have confidence that everything that could possibly be done was done.​

Things are still moving with this case.

Hayden: Goal with Sperry case is to keep it on people’s minds

“What you want to do in a situation like that is put a fresh set of eyes on it, and that can mean putting several fresh sets of eyes on it.”

That is what Hayden has intended to do with the Sperry case. Shortly after the search of the Kaler area, he formed a task force consisting not only of law enforcement personnel from surrounding counties, but he also asked for the U.S. Attorney’s offices in Louisville and Paducah, as well as the FBI to join the fray, which they did.

“We have 100 percent involvement from the FBI. I know for a fact that they have more than one agent involved with this case right now,” Hayden said, noting that, while it might appear in the past few months that not much is happening with the case publicly, that is hardly the case. “I can’t go into details, but I can say that it’s pretty active right now.”​

Just a little update, I know it’s been a while since you all have heard from me. First I want to say thank you to those who have provided updates in my absence. It’s a huge comfort to know that Sam is still in the thoughts and prayers of people that are not directly connected to her.
Dusty is now off the streets for 6 years for crimes unrelated to Samantha’s disappearance.
While we still do not have answers, at least the two men that last saw her are not longer walking free and prison has a way of getting people to talk.
We are coming up on a year and a half and it seems like yesterday.
We all just pray that each day is a day closer to answers and bringing her home.

Samantha, 25 at the time, was reportedly last seen in Graves County, Kentucky on the morning of Wednesday, March 28, 2018. Authorities told Dateline that the last person to see the young mother alive was Samantha’s boyfriend’s father, Dusty Holder. Dusty told police that he and Samantha had spent the night before sleeping on a four-wheeler in the woods. In the morning, he says Samantha took off in one direction and he went in the other. Samantha hasn’t been seen since.

Through search warrants, the Graves County Sheriff’s Department told Dateline in 2018 that they collected and sent more than 30 pieces of evidence for examination in connection with Samantha’s disappearance; some of the evidence is still being processed, but so far no lab results have come back as matching Samantha. Authorities said they worked with the Kentucky State Police to try to triangulate cell phones to get a clear picture of people’s whereabouts at various time frames surrounding Samantha’s disappearance, but it has not led to her location. Police also say they have questioned both Samantha’s boyfriend Rhen Hendrickson and his father Dusty multiple times and both have passed polygraph tests. There have been no arrests or persons of interest named in connection to Samantha’s disappearance.

West Kentucky Crime Stoppers and the family of Samantha Sperry are offering a $5,000 reward to the person or persons who provide information to law enforcement that results in discovering Samantha’s location, or results in the arrest and conviction of the person or persons involved with her disappearance.

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/six-years-dateline-s-missing-america-134-still-missing-n1096226

samantha_sperry_2c1b7d9c1cdaf7214eea919842b2995a.fit-360w.png

This is one of the interviews HLN did with Graves County Sheriff office. Anyone who have actually dived into the case will see some inconsistencies in the stories. There are 2 I will post, these are from just over a month missing ( the one I’m posting here) and the second I will have to check the date. I hope the link works, I’m copying it from the FB page which was always allowed before as long as it was a media source.

Second Interview on HLN with Samantha’s mom and Ramage

BANFIELD: Tonight the plot thickens in the search for a young hissing mom, Samantha Sperry. Because we thought we knew how she vanished. But tonight

there are curious and quite frankly disturbing new details that mean she could have been the victim of something very sinister.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

TINA ARTIS, MOM OF MISSING WOMAN: Every day there`s just more questions. And not enough answers. Not any answers, really.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BANFIELD: The story goes when Samantha went into the woods on an ATV with the father of her boyfriend. But that they got stuck in the mud, and had

to spend the entire night out in the cold just using the running heat of the ATV to stay warm. In the morning, again the story goes they made it

out to a road, but that is where they separated. And that is where Samantha was never seen again. But is that really the real story? Because

when we first covered this we thought they had gone into the woods looking for Samantha`s boyfriend. And it turns out that is not the case at all.

Though what is strange about this is that that boyfriend did disappear, and later showed up at his father`s house, dehydrated and suffering from

hypothermia. He`d been gone for five days. And now what`s even more bizarre is that blood has been found in this woman`s home. So what

happened? There`s a real lack of answers here, and it is taking a toll on Samantha Sperry`s family.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

TONY ARTIS, STEPFATHER OF MISSING WOMAN: If she is in these woods, I hate to say it, there`s a good possibility she is not with us. You know.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BANFIELD: Joining me now is Chief Deputy, Davant Ramage of the Graves County Sheriff`s Office. And also, Samantha Perry`s mother, Tina Artis is

with me. Attorney Ashley Merchant is still with me on the program. Deputy Ramage, maybe you can help me understand why this is so complex. We

thought we knew one version of the story and we`re now hearing another version of the story. And I`m curious to find out if we got it wrong or if

police were told something that has suddenly changed.

DAVANT RAMAGE, CHIEF DEPUTY, GRAVES COUNTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE: Well, I`m not really sure what version that you have there. I mean, we were originally,

we didn`t even know that Samantha was missing. How we got onto that was Rhen was missing. He made a phone call to his mother, and he --

BANFIELD: That is her boyfriend, Rhen. It`s confusing. Rhen Hendrickson is her boyfriend, and Dusty Holder is Rhen`s dad.

RAMAGE: That is correct.

BANFIELD: Rhen and Dusty, Rhen being the boyfriend, and Dusty being Rhen`s dad. So go ahead.

RAMAGE: Right. So Rhen calls his mother and says that he is taken a large amount of pills and that he is going to kill himself. And that he is

running out in the woods.

[18:25:00] He has made a call to her, a Facetime call. And he goes missing. So from that point his family contacts law enforcement and we

become involved in the situation at that time. We do a cursory search that night for Mr. Hendrickson, and it`s through the night at the end of the

next day that we learn about Ms. Sperry missing as well. And the more that we hear the story, the more details that we hear about the story, we feel

like something is dreadfully wrong here. And from that point we start doing interviews of people, start calling people into the sheriff`s office

and trying to find out as many details about this as we can.

BANFIELD: So let me ask you this. The story we had heard originally was that Samantha was so concerned about her missing boyfriend Rhen that she

enlisted the help of Rhen`s dad. They jumped on an ATV and went looking for him. And lo and behold, she never comes out of the swamp, dad does

come out of the swamp, Rhen eventually comes out of the swamp, five days later dehydrated, but Samantha is still missing. Now the story is -- oh,

no, no, Rhen was not missing. Samantha and Rhen`s dad went for a ride on an ATV that got stuck. And when --

RAMAGE: Yes.

BANFIELD: And when Rhen`s dad came out of the swamp with Samantha and separated, somehow she just mysteriously disappeared saying I`m going to a

cousin`s house down the road. You go on ahead and go down to that store and call for a ride. Was there a cousin down the road? Was it really a

cousin?

RAMAGE: Not in the direction that Dusty indicated to us that she traveled. Dusty, from the point where they were, dusty traveled in a north direction,

and Samantha left that location, according to Dusty, in a south direction. And Samantha has no family in that direction. She does, however, have

family the other way. The way that Dusty went. So it never made sense to us that she would travel that way. We never could figure out why she would

go that way.

BANFIELD: And then there`s this whole notion of Rhen`s behavior as his dad and Samantha are reportedly getting on that ATV and going for a ride. And

this is just a joyride. This isn`t going anywhere for any reason other than let`s go for an ATV ride in the swamp. Rhen has apparently had,

according to his dad, has had a fight, might have been physical, because Samantha had some red marks on her, and is going back to Samantha`s home,

where he does not live, to spend the night. Is that correct?

RAMAGE: Yes, that is correct. Rhen told us his version of the events were that they showed up at his dad`s residence. And for whatever reason they

showed up there. And that Samantha wanted to go out and ride the ATV. And Dusty says that when they showed up it was very apparent that they had been

fighting, and he even indicated to us that Samantha had a red mark on the side of her face where he believed that Rhen had struck her. Rhen says

there was never a fight. He never struck her. There wasn`t anything like that. She just wanted to go on an ATV ride. So Dusty would not let Rhen

take his ATV out, and said that he would do it himself.

BANFIELD: OK.

RAMAGE: So at that point they get on the ATV and they go to the woods.

BANFIELD: So I want to be super clear to our viewers that while this story sounds very fishy, neither Rhen Hendrickson nor Dusty Holder have been

charged, neither one.

RAMAGE: Neither one of them, that is correct.

BANFIELD: They are not charge, with anything to do with the missing woman or anything even more sinister, it just sounds fishy. They have both taken

polygraph tests. I`m going to ask you about the results in a moment. But first I want to ask you, deputy, about the blood. Because in a very

happenstance way, a police officer was looking for a place to rent, happened to go to Samantha`s apartment with someone who was showing the

apartment, and he saw blood. While looking for a place to live he found blood in that apartment. Do we know whose blood and what else was found?

RAMAGE: Yes. At this particular time we do not know whose blood that was, or if it is related to this case at all. What I can tell you, a different

agent recovered that found it and recovered it. And I`m not seeing any official paperwork from that agency telling me the amount of blood, where

it was found, anything like that -

[18:30:00]

BANFIELD: But you know the details, right? I mean, it`s a bit weird, the blood is on the ceiling.

RAMAGE (via telephone): I do know the details. It was found in the home. When they cleaned the home out, after, you know, Samantha went missing. And

I do not know who cleaned it out. But the house was cleaned out.

Once it was cleaned out, that`s correct, another police officer from another jurisdiction went in to look at the apartment and he found that. He

made notification to them. And those samples have been taken and sent to the lab.

BANFIELD: Can you also tell me, deputy, apart from the strange detail that the blood was found on the ceiling, which as I understand has been maybe

explained away by some drug use and some syringe use and, you know, trying to get the bubbles out of the syringe, pops the blood matter to the

ceiling.

There were also some bloody clothes. What do you know about the bloody clothes that were found at the apartment?

RAMAGE (via telephone): Well, we found bloody clothes in a -- before -- we executed a search warrant. Our department executed a search warrant on Miss

Sperry`s residence a few weeks before the blood was found by the other agency.

Their belongings were still in the apartment at the time. We found some clothing, male clothing, that had blood on it, what we believe is blood. It

hasn`t been tested yet and verified, so I can`t officially say that it was blood. But we thought that it was and we sent it in for that testing.

Again, we haven`t gotten those results back yet to find out if we were correct first in assuming that it was blood.

And then second, we don`t know who it belongs to.

BANFIELD: So that`s another detail that still has to be resolved. Whose blood will end up being, you know --

RAMAGE (via telephone): Yes, we are waiting the results.

BANFIELD: Exactly. The tests. Whose blood will the tests actually yield as the source of the blood on the ceiling, of the apartment, and also on the

male clothing found because that will be very, very, very telling.

Chief deputy, if you could hold for a moment. I`m going to squeeze in a quick break. When we come back after the break, I`m going to ask you a

significant question. That is, why is Rhen in jail, even though he`s not charged with this? And is anybody else about to go to jail or soon be

charged for this?

After the break, we are also going to speak with Tina Artis, Samantha Sperry`s mom, who definitely thinks there is something, shall we say very

foul about this case. That`s after the break.

[18:35:00] (COMMERCIAL BREAK)

BANFIELD: We are still talking about the missing mother of two who supposedly disappeared after going on an ATV ride and then getting stuck in

a Kentucky swamp. And the new details tonight that may show that she`s a victim of foul play, although no one has been charged.

Tina Artis is Samantha Sperry`s mother. She joins me now on the phone. Ms. Artis, can you help me sort of sort through the stories that have been told

by Rhen Hendrickson, Samantha`s on again, off again boyfriend, and Dusty Holder, Rhen`s dad, about this whole ATV ride.

And then these missing moments for both Rhen and your daughter. Rhen emerges five days later and he`s in really bad shape. And Samantha never

emerges from that swamp. Do you believe their versions of the story?

TINA ARTIS, MOTHER OF SAMANTHA SPERRY (via telephone): I`ve not actually spoken to them. But no, I do not fully believe their versions of the story.

I believe there might be a little bit of truth in part of their story, possibly. But to fully believe their story as hundred percent fact, no, I

do not.

BANFIELD: This sounds like there may be bad blood, because if my daughter was missing, I think if any of our viewers watching, if their children were

missing, they would be in constant contact with the last people to have seen the missing person. But you`re not talking to them at all.

ARTIS (via telephone): It`s not that it`s bad blood per se. I don`t have any of their contact information. I went to school with Dusty, but we never

ran in the same circles, you know, so it`s not like we have a social connection or anything of that nature.

[18:40:02] BANFIELD: So you must be dealing mostly with the police then in terms of updates on your daughter`s case. As I understand it, it`s just

still a missing person`s case. It`s not anything more sinister than that technically. Correct?

ARTIS (via telephone): Yes, that`s the way I understand it.

BANFIELD: But do you believe it is something more than a missing persons case?

ARTIS (via telephone): I do. I feel in my heart of heart that she did meet foul play. I do feel -- I do feel that there is definitely more to the

story than what is being told. And I just have to have faith that it will eventually come out.

BANFIELD: There`s a whole other tragedy that`s playing out while Samantha is technically still missing, seven weeks now. And that is that she has two

little children.

ARTIS (via telephone): Yes.

BANFIELD: Are you looking after those little kids?

ARTIS (via telephone): Yes. Right now, I do. My husband and I, we do have custody of them at this time. They -- you know, their father is in their

life. And, you know, he comes to visit them every day.

BANFIELD: How old are they?

ARTIS (via telephone): They are 4 and 2.

BANFIELD: They`re little.

ARTIS (via telephone): They are.

BANFIELD: Do they know -- do they know anything right now? What are they being told about why they haven`t seen mommy in seven weeks?

ARTIS (via telephone): The oldest one, the 4-year-old, our granddaughter, she does know that Samantha is missing. She -- you know, she will ask me

every so often if we`ve heard anything new. And, you know, we talk about, you know, when mommy`s going to come home. She always wants to know when

mommy`s going to come home.

And I have to tell her that I don`t have an answer for that, you know, that we`re hoping mommy will be able to know where mommy is and just as soon as

possible.

BANFIELD: There`s another element to this that`s very curious, Tina, and that is where Samantha`s car was found. It was found abandoned. So this

wasn`t a case of Samantha going off on an ATV ride and her car was neatly parked at her home. It was abandoned in an area that was very close to

where she was allegedly stuck in the ATV, if that story is true.

It`s apparently very close to where Rhen emerged eventually from the woods, dehydrated five days later. Is there anything you think that abandoned car

can give us as a clue?

ARTIS (via telephone): I don`t know other than the fact that I know at some point in time, at least, at the very least, both Samantha and Rhen

were both in the vehicle at some point in time.

During that time span, you know, if there was an altercation, the way Rhen`s father, Dusty, had indicated to the police, I don`t know if there

could be proof of that, if it took place in the car or around the vehicle. I never actually saw the car.

And the police have towed that and have it in impound. I`ve not actually seen it since all of this has taken place. They have custody of the

vehicle.

BANFIELD: Yeah, it`s important to remind our viewers as we cover this story, while it is extremely weird and strange and it doesn`t add up, that

Rhen Hendrickson and Dusty Holder have not been charged in relation to Samantha Sperry`s situation, whatever her situation turns out to be.

But I will ask Chief Deputy Davant Ramage to come back on with me and tell me why is Rhen Hendrickson sitting in a cage tonight. Why is he in jail?

RAMAGE (via telephone): He`s in jail currently in a different county for what I understand is a probation violation. It could be either a probation

violation or a parole. But right now I believe it could be a probation violation.

BANFIELD: That`s a way to keep somebody under your thumb. Ashleigh Merchant, as an attorney, maybe you can help me devise sort of a strategy

if you`re investigating people who are not charged, but their stories don`t add up. It`s very convenient if they have a probation violation and you can

hold them.

It`s not so convenient like Dusty Holder is not being held right now to my knowledge. So, you know, how do the police go about something when it`s

just so curious and the stories are all over the place?

ASHLEIGH MERCHANT, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Right. And it looks like they did a polygraph on these gentleman, on Rhen and on Dusty, and both of them passed

the polygraph.

[18:44:57] But that`s kind of easy to do because a polygraph doesn`t necessarily ask all of the questions surrounding the disappearance. The

polygraph could actually just ask certain questions, very specific questions that they can easily evade and they can easily get around.

They`re using this probation violation to get him in custody so that they can question him. Because without a body, without some evidence of foul

play, it`s very difficult to actually establish that a crime occurred. Because at this point, we all hope and pray and believe that she`s alive

somewhere and is going to be found.

So we`re not going to jump to that conclusion that there`s actually been a crime that`s been committed. So we can`t treat him as though he`s a suspect

because there`s no crime. But they can use this probation violation and use other charges in his past.

I mean, I looked him up earlier, he`s been to prison for robbery, he has got several different drug charges and different things like that. So I`m

sure that they`ve got things in his past, if he`s on parole or on probation, that they can use to hang over his head while they`re

interrogating him about this crime.

BANFIELD: We`re going to keep following this one because we just keep getting more and more bizarre, mysterious details. Ashleigh, I`m going to

ask you to stay with me. My thanks to Chief Deputy Davant Ramage and also Tina Artis, Samantha Sperry`s mom, for joining me.

New story.

Hayden: Sperry family ‘needs closure’; Graves sheriff says case of missing Murray woman remains high priority

... snip

Hayden said that before he retired in McCracken County, he would talk to then-Graves County Sheriff Dewayne Redmon about the Sperry case, from time-to-time. When Hayden was appointed as Graves Sheriff in the winter of 2019 after Redmon’s untimely death, he immediately took steps to bring the case to the forefront, an effort that included putting together a multi-agency search of the Kaler area to see if there might be some evidence that had been overlooked.

That intensive search eventually stumbled across a previously unknown underground bunker that someone was using as a living quarters, and just happened to be a wanted fugitive. However, he said an investigation into the person found inside that bunker quickly led away from the Sperry case.

Hayden said that was a bitter disappointment.

“It was in the right place, but no,” he said of how the person discovered was found to have been incarcerated at the time of Sperry’s disappearance.​

... snip

One new development from Thursday’s activity was the unveiling of a dedicated email address specifically for information related to the Sperry case. That address is www.sperrytips@gravescountyky.gov. Hayden said that thousands of documented man hours have been used so far for the investigation. State and federal agencies are also involved.

He also said Friday, evidence connected to the case is still being examined by a crime lab and he and investigators with other agencies are anxiously awaiting the results.​

Samantha, 25 at the time, was reportedly last seen in Graves County, Kentucky on the morning of Wednesday, March 28, 2018. Authorities told Dateline that the last person to see the young mother alive was Samantha’s boyfriend’s father, Dusty Holder. Dusty told police that he and Samantha had spent the previous night sleeping on a four-wheeler in the woods. In the morning, he says Samantha took off in one direction and he went in the other. Samantha hasn’t been seen since. Through search warrants, the Graves County Sheriff’s Department told Dateline in 2018 that they collected and sent more than 30 pieces of evidence for examination in connection with Samantha’s disappearance. Some of the evidence is still being processed, but so far no lab results have come back as matching Samantha. Authorities said they worked with the Kentucky State Police to try to triangulate cell phones to get a clear picture of people’s whereabouts at various time frames surrounding Samantha’s disappearance, but it has not led to her location. Police also say they have questioned both Samantha’s boyfriend Rhen Hendrickson and his father Dusty multiple times and both have passed polygraph tests. In 2020, the FBI and other outside agencies joined the investigation to help with interviewing and re-interviewing witnesses or persons of interest, conduct a detailed and methodical review of all electronic evidence, and laboratory analysis of evidence submitted. There have been no arrests or persons of interest named in connection to Samantha’s disappearance. West Kentucky Crime Stoppers and Samantha’s family are offering a $5,000 reward to the person or persons who provide information to law enforcement that results in discovering Samantha’s location, or results in the arrest and conviction of the person or persons involved with her disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to contact the FBI at 502-263-6000, or West Kentucky Crime Stoppers at 270-443-TELL, Kentucky State Police at 270-856-3721, or the Graves County Sheriff’s Office at 270-247-4501 or at sperrytips@gravescountyky.gov.
upload_2021-2-11_3-51-30.jpeg
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname