Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her mom said she didn’t seem worried or concerned when she called her so I don’t think she was calling her for any other reason than checking in. As far as the two people in the backseat, she also mentioned that it was dark and she couldn’t make out too much but she thought there were two people back there bc she thought she heard two distinctly different voices. Since LE has maintained very early on that there were only three men, that’s what I’ve gone by.

Also...mom called her first, not the other way around. And Savanah hung up on her but then called back. So no, I don’t think she was trying to send a message.

I also do not believe it was by choice she stopped communicating then. No matter what my inebriation level is at my phone not dying is always a priority. I would have had to be drugged or involuntary led away from it to have it not be a priority.
The other thing I’m unsure of is whether anyone tried to get a hold of her after her FT with mom?
No other contact has been reported that I'm aware of.

Her mother reportedly called her around 8:30 AM when she did not return home as promised. She had left home with her mother's car, and was said to be very responsible about getting home timely for her mother to get to work, etc.

My husband has been called back out to be there in the morning. When he was told he didn't have to come in today, we thought they'd found her. It's meant to be in the low 50s tomorrow, but we're also meant to have rain. Don't know how much they're going to be able to do. He's meant to be there at 8am.
Thanks to your DH for searching!

Yes. Undoubtedly many people see a 22 year old with four kids and infants who was out at a bar and appeared to leave willingly with three strange men and they simply stop caring. Or worse. You should see some of the horrible comments to yahoo articles about this case.

For many people this young woman's life just isn't worth much.

I'm sorry for her and her loved ones.
Me too, society has deemed these women as basically disposable. It's a sad state of affairs for sure G.

Hi I am a new member to websleuths although I have been a long time lurker . Please correct me or remove my comment if it doesn’t fit into policy here while I’m learning the rules .
I have family that lives on the Mercer co side of Herrington lake about a mile from the bridge that crosses it . The bridge takes you across the lake to Garrard Co. and the house Savannah was last seen at is approximately about 20 or so minutes from several of my family members.
Just a thought but maybe Savannah felt comfortable leaving with them that night because she recognized one of the guys somehow either directly or indirectly and left because she needed a ride. She may have known him or maybe had a mutual friend so it may have seemed safer for her then walking and maybe she didn’t want to disturb anyone that late to come and get her . ( just a thought)

Hi I am a new member to websleuths although I have been a long time lurker . Please correct me or remove my comment if it doesn’t fit into policy here while I’m learning the rules .
I have family that lives on the Mercer co side of Herrington lake about a mile from the bridge that crosses it . The bridge takes you across the lake to Garrard Co. and the house Savannah was last seen at is approximately about 20 or so minutes from several of my family members.
Just a thought but maybe Savannah felt comfortable leaving with them that night because she recognized one of the guys somehow either directly or indirectly and left because she needed a ride. She may have known him or maybe had a mutual friend so it may have seemed safer for her then walking and maybe she didn’t want to disturb anyone that late to come and get her . ( just a thought)

Welcome @Alwaysakygurl !

I think anything is possible at this point. Although SS friends , mother and her ex have all said they aren’t aware of any connection. I’d say at this point we probably don’t have enough info to draw an informed conclusion. Jmo

I think LE is pretty confident that it was only three guys. 1 in a truck and two following in a car with her. Her friends most recent interview even mentions how the three guys don’t seem to be close friends and are more like Work acquaintances who went to Lexington to pick up girls that night. I think it’s safe to say that there are only 3 guys that they’re most concerned about. Maybe her mom was mistaken or maybe LE ruled out a fourth person.
Just thinking since that call was made just as they were leaving maybe all three men were in the car and on their way to the truck where one got out and drove!
Savanna might have still thought she was safe and was being driven to her car then so she would feel safe.

Also...mom called her first, not the other way around. And Savanah hung up on her but then called back. So no, I don’t think she was trying to send a message.
I'm thinking moms call to Savannah was as she was making arrangements for a ride to her car at 2:32am right when they left the bar. Savannah s return call to her mom could have been when they were all four in the car!

I am wondering how many more photos they have of them all leaving the bar....IMO there is probably more than what they have released. I'd think that area would reek of surveillance cameras beings it's so close to RUPP. All we seen was a truck with a headlight out but her mom said she was in a car when she FT'D her. Was they possibly waiting on a ride when the photo they shown last week looked like she was cold ? If so , I wonder if they got the make / model of that car . I just feel like there is more footage than what has been released or I'd sure hope there is.

Does anyone know what SS did for a living? Did she have a job? A part of me wonders if she was involved in 'adult services' - if so, this would definitely place her in a much higher risk category. I am asking because several things simply do not 'feel' right to me; especially that the guys she left the bar with were apparently unknown to her. Mind you, I am not by any means judging, but I just haven't really seen anyone ask that particular question yet - we all know there are many people who keep secrets from their families...

I agree three men meet and take home one girl from a bar, and she then mysteriously just vanishes. I think the chances that they had good intentions goes out the window pretty quickly.....jmo

And I can't edit anymore but it autocorrected to "Bono" instead of "Bobo"! (It just did it again!! I fixed it.) but I hope everyone knows who I meant!

Does anyone know what SS did for a living? Did she have a job? A part of me wonders if she was involved in 'adult services' - if so, this would definitely place her in a much higher risk category. I am asking because several things simply do not 'feel' right to me; especially that the guys she left the bar with were apparently unknown to her. Mind you, I am not by any means judging, but I just haven't really seen anyone ask that particular question yet - we all know there are many people who keep secrets from their families...
I believe someone mentioned above that she was a waitress, but I could be wrong.

Why not? They could've told her "hang that up!" And when her mom called again she might have said "If I don't talk to her she will call the police."

I mean I don't know that happened. And by her mom's reaction it appears this wasn't totally out of character for her, to go off and spend the night out, or to maybe get annoyed with her mom if her mom nagged her to come home. So if that's true, chances are she felt she was just having a good time and didn't want to be bothered.

My big question would be was this something she had done before? Where were her kids? If her mom was watching them was it not unusual for her to leave them overnight while she met people? Hooked up maybe?

If not, I would think it more likely that she felt something was wrong while in that car and on the phone with her mom.

Ultimately, however, my sense is not that they intended to kill her but that they were aggressive, dangerous drunks, decided to assault her and then, because they're violent, killed her rather than letting her go.

Hey! Welcome to Websleuths! Interesting first post.

I think it's very plausible that she knew one of them. Or recognized one of them. And maybe thought she could stay the night and then drive the next morning to give the car back, when she was sober.

Hey! Welcome to Websleuths! Interesting first post.

I think it's very plausible that she knew one of them. Or recognized one of them. And maybe thought she could stay the night and then drive the next morning to give the car back, when she was sober.
Someone mentioned above that she might have been a waitress- if so, maybe one of them was a customer of hers? She looked, in my opinion, fine in the video as far as she didn't look scared or upset.

I've only seen stills. I will watch it but your opinion seems to be the consensus.
Well, from what I have watched, she really doesn't appear uncomfortable with them. It's just my opinion, of course. I take into consideration that they were just in a public place and were leaving and appeared to be having fun, however, that fun could have turned dangerous and/or deadly once they got to that man's house. She just didn't look scared to me, and if she really wanted to go home, she had her cell phone and could have called her friend to come and get her so she could get her mother's car or just call an Uber or Lyft for a ride home. I think she just wanted to continue to have fun and didn't feel she was in any danger.

Well, from what I have watched, she really doesn't appear uncomfortable with them. It's just my opinion, of course. I take into consideration that they were just in a public place and were leaving and appeared to be having fun, however, that fun could have turned dangerous and/or deadly once they got to that man's house. She just didn't look scared to me, and if she really wanted to go home, she had her cell phone and could have called her friend to come and get her so she could get her mother's car or just call an Uber or Lyft for a ride home. I think she just wanted to continue to have fun and didn't feel she was in any danger.

That sounds the most plausible.

Ellen says Savannah’s twin boys and her 2-year-old son are currently living with their father. Savannah’s 4-year-old son, who has a different father, is being cared for by Savannah’s father. Ellen says she can’t imagine her daughter would leave her children willingly.

“She has four babies that she loves and adores. She knows people care for her and love her,” Ellen said. “She is a very, very loving mom. Very responsible. She loves these kids. She was on a mission to get a job and get out on her own after she recovered from the birth”

Kentucky police identify men last seen with missing young mother Savannah Spurlock

Many other questions are answered in the article I linked. I also do not believe that SS was willingly participating in any sexual activities (paid or otherwise), as she’d just given birth to twins a few weeks earlier & her body wouldn’t have been healed.

Since this forum has so much info already posted, here's a basic timeline of facts:

01/04/2019

22:00: Around this time, SS used her mother’s vehicle to drive herself and a friend approximately 45 minutes from home to Lexington KY to visit another friend. Mother’s car was left at friend’s house and the 3 friends left in a different car to the Other Bar.

SS left her coat and another purse in her mother’s vehicle at the friend’s house. (Later confirmed by PD)

The Other Bar is located at 319 S. Limestone in Lexington, MY.

SS leaves the Other Bar in Lexington with 3 men (at the time only 2 were mentioned). Per CCTV footage at a parking garage, she rode in the back seat of a vehicle with 2 of the men while the 3rd followed them in a separate vehicle. (Later stated by PD that the white male left the area in a black Chevy S-10.)

01/05/2019

03:00: Around this time mother receives a facetime call from SS. Mother states that she was able to see a man driving and that there were 1-2 people in the back seat who were ‘hollering and talking over each other’. States that SS did not appear to be upset.

AM hours: SS traveled about 40 miles from the bar to a home in Garrard County (later stated to be off Fall Lick Road confirmed SS reaching the home by PD the next day).

08:00: Around this time, mother woke up and SS was not home. She rang SS’s phone and it went straight to voicemail.

08:30: At about this time, SS’s phone was turned off.

Early Evening: Mother calls Richmond PD to report SS missing.

01/22/2019

PD executes a search warrant for the Garrard County home belonging to the parents of one of the 3 men SS left with. A car is seized from the property.

Richmond PD state they have identified the 3 men SS left with.

01/31/2019

Richmond PD confirm they are working with Garrard County Emergency Management amongst other organizations searching for SS in ‘specific areas’ of Garrard County.

02/07/2019

Richmond PD releases photos of items SS may have had with her when she went missing. Photos are of a small purse and a phone.

02/09/2019

Richmond PD confirm crews still searching an area off of Fall Lick Road in Garrard County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus