Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the KB (Woodland Park) case, which is proceeding with 1st degree murder, no body has been found. The suspect had motive, premeditation, known contact at the time of disappearance, months of digital fingerprints, video time stamps, and a loose-lipped rodeo queen.

In the SS case, there is no known motive, no prior contact with victim (as far as we know), any digital/video trail will only be for a day or two (IMO), and we are not aware of any valid tips provided by third parties.

Have to hope that SS is found and/or someone starts talking.

Right—LE can win no-body cases, but unless they have overwhelming evidence, it’s better to wait to see if she can be found. They only get to try someone once.

Right—LE can win no-body cases, but unless they have overwhelming evidence, it’s better to wait to see if she can be found. They only get to try someone once.

Yeh and none of these commonwealth atty’s want a mel ignatow sized egg on their faces like jeff co had.
I don’t think people understand how difficult it is to search a lot of that area of the state. There are a lot of rivers, lakes and woods. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of places someone could hide a body. I hope they find her bc I’m tired of following these types of disappearances that never see the light of day in a court room. Their families deserve some type of closure.

Yeh and none of these commonwealth atty’s want a mel ignatow sized egg on their faces like jeff co had.
I don’t think people understand how difficult it is to search a lot of that area of the state. There are a lot of rivers, lakes and woods. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of places someone could hide a body. I hope they find her bc I’m tired of following these types of disappearances that never see the light of day in a court room. Their families deserve some type of closure.

Yeah, they need to have some idea where to look once the immediate area is cleared. Somebody talking, or electronic evidence of a POI being somewhere atypical during the suspected crime period. Otherwise, it is waiting for a random finding, or no finding at all.

Yeah, they need to have some idea where to look once the immediate area is cleared. Somebody talking, or electronic evidence of a POI being somewhere atypical during the suspected crime period. Otherwise, it is waiting for a random finding, or no finding at all.

Typically, KSP does a decent job of grabbing surveillance video from citizens and public places. When you start getting into more rural areas, those are fewer and farther between. In the Netherlands case, they were able to pull footage of a car of interest but they couldn’t pick it up anywhere else bc the area was pretty desolate. They have footage from Crystal Roger’s case as well from private security cameras but nothing that points to anything specific. It’s not like louisville, where you have a huge area with a Starbucks on every corner.

I was surprised when they started talking about the pings and locations in SS’s case bc those haven’t typically been released in past cases I’ve followed from the beginning.
I’m not sure if they’ve gotten anything back from the lab from that initial search but they usually release whether or not anything was found.

Based on the Crystal Rogers and Jason Ellis cases... the KSP is pretty inept.. I'm from KY. I have family in LE. So I can share this opinion lol.

The commonwealth atty refuses to take Crystal’s case to trial without her body. The previous sherriff is on record saying as much. Ksp doesn’t handle Crystal’s case. As far as Ellis, whoever got him, knew exactly what they were doing and where to do it. That’s my exit off the BG- it’s about as remote as you can get.

Based on the Crystal Rogers and Jason Ellis cases... the KSP is pretty inept.. I'm from KY. I have family in LE. So I can share this opinion lol.

There’s very little actual evidence in Ellis’s case. They were smart enough to shoot him with buckshot and knew his route home. The BG is really dark at night and there aren’t any surveillance cameras. He was shot right in the middle of the off ramp in between two rock walls. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were able to solve Ellis’s case by also officially closing Crystal Roger’s and Tommy Ballard’s.

Learned something interesting after weeks of trying to get my fried laptop fixed. I refused to give up on it because I had years of info & pics saved on and couldn't stand the thought of losing all of it. After 5 repair places couldn't help I gave in and got a new one. Heres the interesting part (I was amazed) and I wonder if and how it is used in cases like this. My husband began thinking about the wireless router in our house and how they back up info. He was able to download all the info from my old laptop to the new one. He also had the option of doing the same with our Ipads, phones, and pretty much anything that went through the router. I'm not sure if it made a difference that out router etc were all apple or not but couldn't help but think how much more info this could allow LE access to if given permission or issuing a warrant. Maybe I am just overly thrilled to have a new laptop with years of info I have saved but this capability was something I have never known about or seen brought up. Sorry for the length.

I don't see how what time the girlfriend left the bar would affect her charges. Knowing when their ride came to pick them up would shed light on what SS intentions were. As an example, if the ride came close to 2 am, that would dispel the theory she wanted a ride to her car. jmo
The time the friend left wouldn't affect her charges and probation unless on house arrest but the mere fact she was at the bar could. It's astounding how many people send pics to PO's in hopes of getting someone in trouble. Not to mention the stupidity of some under supervision who post pics on their FB page.

The time the friend left wouldn't affect her charges and probation unless on house arrest but the mere fact she was at the bar could. It's astounding how many people send pics to PO's in hopes of getting someone in trouble. Not to mention the stupidity of some under supervision who post pics on their FB page.

If they didn't take pictures that night being on parole or probation could be a reason why.

Learned something interesting after weeks of trying to get my fried laptop fixed. I refused to give up on it because I had years of info & pics saved on and couldn't stand the thought of losing all of it. After 5 repair places couldn't help I gave in and got a new one. Heres the interesting part (I was amazed) and I wonder if and how it is used in cases like this. My husband began thinking about the wireless router in our house and how they back up info. He was able to download all the info from my old laptop to the new one. He also had the option of doing the same with our Ipads, phones, and pretty much anything that went through the router. I'm not sure if it made a difference that out router etc were all apple or not but couldn't help but think how much more info this could allow LE access to if given permission or issuing a warrant. Maybe I am just overly thrilled to have a new laptop with years of info I have saved but this capability was something I have never known about or seen brought up. Sorry for the length.

I’m glad you got your saved files and pics back! You got lucky! What you’re referring to is called a time machine backup. It’s specific to Mac OS. You have to go in and configure the settings and choose to have an auto backup. It’s similar to the cloud but it actually saves it to a physical space. I know some non Apple routers have usb drives that will support third party drives that can be used for time machine back up points but it’s Mac OS only and kind of a pain to set up if you aren’t really familiar with it.

Here's hoping for answers regarding SS soon! Although the body recently recovered wasn't hers, I'm sure a family that was missing a loved one at least found some measure of an answer.

Was looking around the news clips for comments made if any regarding why these friends left her in the bar. have they said anything officially? Was wondering what the reason was she chose not to go home with the girls she went with? I was wondering if they would tell if she was planning on getting drugs or whatever? Something just does not sound right regarding this parting of buddies that night..

Was looking around the news clips for comments made if any regarding why these friends left her in the bar. have they said anything officially? Was wondering what the reason was she chose not to go home with the girls she went with? I was wondering if they would tell if she was planning on getting drugs or whatever? Something just does not sound right regarding this parting of buddies that night..
If I remember correctly, they got into an argument because her friend wanted to leave, and Savannah wanted to stay. I think that's all we know. Imo

If I remember correctly, they got into an argument because her friend wanted to leave, and Savannah wanted to stay. I think that's all we know. Imo
Their ride arrived to pick them up from the bar & SS didn't want to leave. We know very little about this. From msn we don't know who her friend was. We don't know who brought them to the bar. Don't know if this person stayed. Don't know who was to pick the girls up. Don't know if there was a prearranged pick-up time or whether their plans were based on when their ride wanted to show up. Don't know when their ride arrived or how close to closing time it was. Although her friends & family have given us a little bit about her plans for that night, they have seen fit not to disclose the above questioned details.

The commonwealth atty refuses to take Crystal’s case to trial without her body. The previous sherriff is on record saying as much. Ksp doesn’t handle Crystal’s case. As far as Ellis, whoever got him, knew exactly what they were doing and where to do it. That’s my exit off the BG- it’s about as remote as you can get.

Double jeopardy...they only have one shot to prosecute so they have to be confident without a single doubt that they can put someone in jail with the evidence they have. That’s difficult to do without a body. If they lost the case then pretty much all hope is lost for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa