Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video at link:

Police locate people seen on surveillance with missing Richmond woman

Richmond police say officers have interviewed the two seen on surveillance with a missing 22-year-old woman.

spurlock+surveillance.jpg

Assistant police chief Rodney Richardson tells WKYT authorities in Garrard County spotted the vehicle and people involved in Savannah Spurlock's disappearance. Spurlock was last seen with the two men leaving The Other Bar in Lexington Friday. She has four children including two 5-week-old twins.

Richmond police would question the two, but no charges are filed at this time.

Authorities say this case is still "very active," and police didn't say whether the two questioned are cleared. Officers have yet to announce whether the two gave information on Spurlock's whereabouts.

[...]

Wow. Ok. We know all this. Relax.

How is making a simple statement that women sometimes make bad decisions and end up in bad situations victim blaming? It’s the truth. I did some really stupid things in my youth and am lucky I’m still here to tell about it.
Most people have done something risky or stupid especially when they were younger. You could do everything right, everything you are supposed to do to keep yourself safe and it still doesn't guarantee safety. That doesn't mean stop doing those things. If discussing her life helps find her that's great. Some people, not you, have made judgemental statements about her life. That doesn't help anyone and it just causes fighting. There are things that people are much harsher on women for than they would be for a man. With custody issues no one would ask why the dad didn't have full custody. Again, I know you didn't say that.

Most people have done something risky or stupid especially when they were younger. You could do everything right, everything you are supposed to do to keep yourself safe and it still doesn't guarantee safety. That doesn't mean stop doing those things. If discussing her life helps find her that's great. Some people, not you, have made judgemental statements about her life. That doesn't help anyone and it just causes fighting. There are things that people are much harsher on women for than they would be for a man. With custody issues no one would ask why the dad didn't have full custody. Again, I know you didn't say that.

It's one thing to discuss a MPs behavior and criminal record in the context of his or her MP case, but it's another thing to accuse a MP of being a bad mom because they have 4 kids at a young age, or a DUI, or because she went out for drinks and left with two men (who she may know - I think it's being assumed they are strangers).

I must have missed where it was stated the dad has full custody. A parent can be a single parent whether they have full custody or not. Anyway, I am agreeing with you, and I hope it doesn't seem like I am taking my frustration out on you.

I'll be honest. I am in no mood to hear people judge and preach about how perfect they are and then drag this woman's name through the mud.

Concentrate on the case. What you think of her as a person has no bearing on what we are doing. If you want to judge her join another forum. Judging a victim does nothing but make the person doing the judging feel better about themselves. Stop it now, please.

Thank you,
Tricia

I’m worried for this lady. It could go one of a few ways.

postpartum episode

running from court/hiding out

needed a break and took off on her own

kindnapping/harm

What else?

Hope she’s ok.

Have the men she was seen with been cleared? I wish we knew what they told the police. Did she know them previously? Meet them that night? I need to catch up. Possible she hung out with them, left safe and then something happened?

Scary situation no matter the reason.

I’m worried for this lady. It could go one of a few ways.

postpartum episode

running from court/hiding out

needed a break and took off on her own

kindnapping/harm

What else?

Hope she’s ok.

Have the men she was seen with been cleared? I wish we knew what they told the police. Did she know them previously? Meet them that night? I need to catch up. Possible she hung out with them, left safe and then something happened?

Scary situation no matter the reason.
If she just decided she needed a break that might be the best outcome. As long as she is safe.

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

I live in the same city as Savannah, and I am somewhat familiar with the area in Lexington that she was last seen. I am surprised that we haven't heard about why she went to this particular bar. It is kinda of far from Richmond. I mean Lexington is close by freeway, but this is in the downtown, not so safe at night area. I think she was there to meet someone that night. If not, why would she drive all of that way? There are plenty of other places between here and there to grab a drink. I definitely wouldn't drive that far and be in that area at night by myself. JMO

Hope she is found safe!

I live in the same city as Savannah, and I am somewhat familiar with the area in Lexington that she was last seen. I am surprised that we haven't heard about why she went to this particular bar. It is kinda of far from Richmond. I mean Lexington is close by freeway, but this is in the downtown, not so safe at night area. I think she was there to meet someone that night. If not, why would she drive all of that way? There are plenty of other places between here and there to grab a drink. I definitely wouldn't drive that far and be in that area at night by myself. JMO

Hope she is found safe!
Welcome! And thank you for giving a better picture of the area. How late do bars and things stay open there?

I’m from Lexington & the area she went missing from is very safe, across from UK campus. The Other Bar is located right in between two of our biggest college bars (Two Keys Tavern & The Tin Roof) in a strip of other bars & restaurants. The bars close at 2:30am but some restaurants stay open later.

Welcome! And thank you for giving a better picture of the area. How late do bars and things stay open there?

Thank you!

Sorry, I don't know about the times. I travel to Lexington a lot with my family to shop, eat, Dr. appointments etc. We mostly visit places not in the downtown area, but sometimes travel through there to get from point A to point B. I would say that the time she was spotted leaving was right around closing time or at least "last call." It would have taken her at least 40+ mins to drive from Richmond to there. Upon thinking, she may have been there to visit a friend since it is so close to University of Kentucky.

Thank you!

Sorry, I don't know about the times. I travel to Lexington a lot with my family to shop, eat, Dr. appointments etc. We mostly visit places not in the downtown area, but sometimes travel through there to get from point A to point B. I would say that the time she was spotted leaving was right around closing time or at least "last call." It would have taken her at least 40+ mins to drive from Richmond to there. Upon thinking, she may have been there to visit a friend since it is so close to University of Kentucky.
I realize that sounds like a weird question. I grew up in PA and bars shut down at 2 am and there was a liquor store and a beer store. I was surprised when I found out other states had different laws. lol

I’m from Lexington & the area she went missing from is very safe, across from UK campus. The Other Bar is located right in between two of our biggest college bars (Two Keys Tavern & The Tin Roof) in a strip of other bars & restaurants. The bars close at 2:30am but some restaurants stay open later.
When she called her mom would anything have been open or was she possibly going to a house party?

Lexington in general is not that safe, especially at night. There is always something going on that's not good. We lived there for a couple of years and decided enough was enough. Upon moving to Richmond at first, discovered our next door neighbors lived there before and was robbed at gunpoint.

Hope she is found safe!

When I graduated hs, I had a lot of friends at EKU and UK, it was pretty common for my EKU friends to go out in Lexington. It was especially common if we were all going to be staying with a friend who had an apartment off campus.

When I graduated hs, I had a lot of friends at EKU and UK, it was pretty common for my EKU friends to go out in Lexington. It was especially common if we were all going to be staying with a friend who had an apartment off campus.
She is young and would possibly know people in college. That makes sense.

Lexington in general is not that safe, especially at night. There is always something going on that's not good. We lived there for a couple of years and decided enough was enough. Upon moving to Richmond at first, discovered our next door neighbors lived there before and was robbed at gunpoint.

There are definitely rough parts around the downtown area. However, Lexington is pretty safe overall. I’ve never had any trouble when I’ve been in Lexington. I always felt more safe there then I did when I would go out in Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley