KY KY - Scottsville, WhtMale 20-30, UP95, knee injury, poss drug abuser, Aug'83

I'm reading that number as 265, maybe? I'll look on the map tomorrow and see what I can find.

You're both kind of right. I thought I knew what was wrong with the route number but checked to be sure. Kentucky DOT usually tries to keep from having two roads with the same route number in the state.
Since US-62 goes through Kentucky, there is no KY-62. With I-75, there is no KY-75 (KY-75 became part of US-431 back in the 1950's). For some reason, there is a US-79 and KY-79 that both end/start in Russellville but don't actually touch each other.

KY-265 (Old Franklin Road) was renumbered KY-585 in 1988 when the Gene Snyder Freeway (bypass/loop around Louisville) was completed and christened I-265.

ALLEN COUNTY STATE PRIMARY ROAD SYSTEM
SIMPSON COUNTY STATE PRIMARY ROAD SYSTEM
(info is in the last section of each - "revisions to official orders")

The area where he was found looks like it would get a lot of flash flooding. Since it says partial skeletal, he was likely left somewhere upstream (two creeks converge right where he was found).

Based on the location where the body was found and past incidents in the same general area, I'd speculate the body came from Tennessee or at least came through Tennessee from another state farther south. It happens that way a few times a year around here.

If it was a local person someone would know more about the decedent being a local missing person, especially back in 1983. The one exception was a hippy colony called the Flying Frog Farm, which was located not far from the site. It could have been a visitor or resident from Flying Frog but I seriously doubt it. Everyone knew just about everyone around here.

Based on the location where the body was found and past incidents in the same general area, I'd speculate the body came from Tennessee or at least came through Tennessee from another state farther south. It happens that way a few times a year around here.

If it was a local person someone would know more about the decedent being a local missing person, especially back in 1983. The one exception was a hippy colony called the Flying Frog Farm, which was located not far from the site. It could have been a visitor or resident from Flying Frog but I seriously doubt it. Everyone knew just about everyone around here.

from what I’ve read many of them came from Baltimore. I would check missing persons cases there just to be sure.

Has jack clawson or alan d Livingston been looked into?

jack clawson is missing from California but visited his brother in Missouri before his disappearance. He had injuries from rodeos and could have a right knee injury like Allen county doe.

Livingston is missing from Alabama but no records to find a match if he were the doe. It would most likely have to be determined through ancestry.

Not sure if this means much, but I'm pretty sure this is where he was found. It is an open, flat field along "265" that is within feet of the Simpson/Allen border. It is just downstream from the confluence of Middle Fork Drakes Creek and Sulphur Fork Creek. Both creeks are more or less the same size at this point and both begin in Tennessee (though they are very small before they flow into Kentucky).

scottsville body google.JPG
(In the above pic, the field is either where the red marker is or on the north side of the road. You can easily make out the field on the terrain/topographic map - the "blank" area.)

I was able to find an aerial pic from a time when it was flooding (from 1955, but things were nearly identical to how they would have been in 1983).
Those two creeks are small, unless it is flooding. A flash flood can tear skeletal remains apart, but this field was also plowed at least once a year and had been for decades before 1983 (and in the years since). That could definitely have contributed to them being "partial remains," especially with repeated plowing/flooding over Kentucky's "modern" history.
scottsville body flood 1955.JPG

Scottsville John Doe has been unidentified for 39 years today.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back