Identified! KY - Williamsburg, BlkMale Skeletal UP13893, 31-69, near pond, Mar'15 - Richard Wood

For real? Were there two different unidentified bodies found in creeks in KY?! Crazy. Disregard!!

Actually, there were. A woman from Lexington was found dead in a creek in Rockcastle County and the man that was found in the creek near Richmond (the link you posted).

This UID was found near a pond near Williamsburg.

For real? Were there two different unidentified bodies found in creeks in KY?! Crazy. Disregard!!

They've now found another set of remains (scattered and skeletal, it seems) in southern Rockcastle County off of US-25. They haven't released many details, other than that they were scattered and there were some tattered pieces of clothing (no details, so I don't know if it would be strips of cloth or actual tattered shirt/pants). I don't know if enough details have been released to warrant starting a thread on them yet.

Human remains found in Rockcastle County creek bed (WKYT, Lexington, KY) 4/24/2015
MOUNT VERNON, Ky. (WKYT) - A man hunting mushrooms stumbled across bones Thursday night.

“It was partial scattered skeletal remains, in a 100 to 150 foot area,” said KSP Trooper Lloyd Cochran.
Don says he knows of no one missing from Rockcastle County, but did recall a recent high-profile missing case just north of him.

“Little bit of everything going through my mind, next thing that came to my mind is that girl who was missing...from Berea over there,” he said.

They've now found another set of remains (scattered and skeletal, it seems) in southern Rockcastle County off of US-25. They haven't released many details, other than that they were scattered and there were some tattered pieces of clothing (no details, so I don't know if it would be strips of cloth or actual tattered shirt/pants). I don't know if enough details have been released to warrant starting a thread on them yet.

Human remains found in Rockcastle County creek bed (WKYT, Lexington, KY) 4/24/2015

I would start threads on the Rockacastle Co remains (and a few others) if what I'd call "prematurely-unidentified" didn't annoy me so damned much when doing searches on Websleuths. They fill up the "Identified" forum.
I'll try to explain what I mean by that...

I am more concerned about "older" (years-to-decades) murder victims or skeletal remains finding their name. They're the ones that need our help the most. A huge number of cases in the "Identified" forum are cases I think should be in "Crimes in the News" or some kind of "Murder" forum. A body is found and the person that found them doesn't know who it is. But then the deceased is identified in a matter of hours or days. In the general scheme of things, they'd be considered a "victim" (or at the very least "deceased") as they were only momentarily unidentified.

That little rant aside aside, the remains in nearby Rockcastle County that I linked to are said to be close to identification. There's been so little info released about the remains that there would be no point in having a thread.
That forum would be called "Somebody found some bones..." or something even less specific.

The case has been mentioned a bit in the news, but for another reason.
The guy that found the remains had taken a bone home with him for some reason.
That started some SE-KY law enforcement craziness...

Troopers arrest man who found remains in Rockcastle Co.
WKYT
Lexington, KY
4/28/2015
State Police say Bruce Smith is the man who led them to human remains Friday, off Wilderness Road, near Mount Vernon. They also say he tried to take one of the bones he discovered.
Trooper Cochran says Smith led investigators to the bones he found. Smith told troopers he'd been mushroom hunting. When they went to his house later to follow up on their investigation, Trooper Cochran says Smith told them he kept a bone. The arrest citation states Smith didn't think the bone was human, and when troopers asked him to show them where he got it, they say he refused.

Man charged with taking bone after finding human remains waives preliminary hearing
WKYT
Lexington, KY
5/6/2015
The tampering with physical evidence charge came after after Kentucky State Police say he led them to human remains he found while hunting for mushrooms. That was near Wilderness Road in Mt. Vernon on April 24.
State police say they don't believe he had anything to do with the death of that person but charged him because he took evidence from the scene.
State police say they are close to releasing the name of the person Smith found. They say they have an idea of who it is but are waiting on the medical examiner to make a positive identification.

Looks like this is who this thread is ID'd as:

Richard Wood

CEYPPAD2YNADFHJBOPJLT2CW7M.jpg

Skeletal remains found in 2015 in Kentucky have been identified as a South Georgia man missing since 2014, according to our sister station at WKYT.

Richard Wood, who was last seen August 15, 2014, has been identified from the remains, the Whitley County coroner told WKYT.

Wood’s remains were found in March 2015 in Kentucky, according to WKYT.

Skeletal remains found in Kentucky identified as Ashburn man missing since 2014

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname