Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been of the opinion that one person acted alone.
This alleged sudden change in demeanor mentioned above is interesting, though.
Would that happen if someone was a sociopath and knew more-or-less what the outcome would be?

JMO of course but I have always believed Terri acted alone, though I wonder if her friend Dee Dee was in on it. What we know is that Terri hated Kyron, that she wanted to send him to live with his biological mom and Kyron's biological father (Kaine)refused. We know that a few nights before Kyron disappeared his stepmother Terri and biological father (Kaine) were fighting until 3:00 in the morning. And we know that Terri tried to hire her groundskeeper to murder her husband. I am of the opinion that if this woman was capable of trying to hire someone to murder her husband, she is capable of anything. Terri is a psychopath in my opinion, with no guilt, no shame, nothing. We have a difficult time believing that a woman can be capable of such heinous acts, but we had better. There were red flags, and we need to take heed when we see them in order to save other Kyron's. JMO

JMO of course but I have always believed Terri acted alone, though I wonder if her friend Dee Dee was in on it. What we know is that Terri hated Kyron, that she wanted to send him to live with his biological mom and Kyron's biological father (Kaine)refused. We know that a few nights before Kyron disappeared his stepmother Terri and biological father (Kaine) were fighting until 3:00 in the morning. And we know that Terri tried to hire her groundskeeper to murder her husband. I am of the opinion that if this woman was capable of trying to hire someone to murder her husband, she is capable of anything. Terri is a psychopath in my opinion, with no guilt, no shame, nothing. We have a difficult time believing that a woman can be capable of such heinous acts, but we had better. There were red flags, and we need to take heed when we see them in order to save other Kyron's. JMO
I can't find the link now, but I have read in the past that DDS left a landscaping job rather abruptly during the time Terri was driving around with her daughter. And that the two of them had "burner" phones. Hmmm.

I can't find the link now, but I have read in the past that DDS left a landscaping job rather abruptly during the time Terri was driving around with her daughter. And that the two of them had "burner" phones. Hmmm.

I have read similar, SaguaroSpirit, and neither woman's time was entirely accounted for that day. I have also heard about the 'burner' phones. Interesting that someone would feel the need for that type of phone unless they had something to hide perhaps..

JMO

Of course Terri used burner phones to communicate with her accomplice. The news printed that her friends also bought burner phones for her after the shinola hit the fan. Deedee's missing time did not overlap with Terri's 1 1/2 hours of missing time. Deedee got involved after the fact. In all probability, Deedee was a wannabee mole and may have thought that she could smoke out a confession. She would have known whether she had ever told Terri that her father was in law enforcement. We know that they are not in communication anymore. The apparent fact that MCSO gave Deedee's name and picture to the news media, could have been part of a smoke screen, so that Terri would loosen up to Deedee and spill her guts. But Terri is very smart. She proved it in the planning of the crime and she proved it by not spilling her guts over the years. So she was not stupid enough to be seen walking out of the school with Kyron.

Of course Terri used burner phones to communicate with her accomplice. The news printed that her friends also bought burner phones for her after the shinola hit the fan. Deedee's missing time did not overlap with Terri's 1 1/2 hours of missing time. Deedee got involved after the fact. In all probability, Deedee was a wannabee mole and may have thought that she could smoke out a confession. She would have known whether she had ever told Terri that her father was in law enforcement. We know that they are not in communication anymore. The apparent fact that MCSO gave Deedee's name and picture to the news media, could have been part of a smoke screen, so that Terri would loosen up to Deedee and spill her guts. But Terri is very smart. She proved it in the planning of the crime and she proved it by not spilling her guts over the years. So she was not stupid enough to be seen walking out of the school with Kyron.
Oh, this is very interesting. I do disagree, but only with the greatest respect.

I know the early media reports were all over the place concerning the start of Dede's "missing time". However, as years progressed and further details kept dribbling out, MSM reports seemed to indicate an agreement that the start of her missing time was around 11:30 am.

I believe it's confirmed that Dede's vehicle arrived at "the farm" around 9:00 am and stayed there all day with her known cell phone locked inside. She admitted that is highly unusual as she is the type of person that would normally keep it glued to her side.

Dede was dispatched to work way down in the back hothouse near the property line.

In an interview, the owner of "the farm" stated that she began searching for Dede around 11:30 am as she was having a "surprise thank-you buffet" for all the workers and she wanted Dede to attend.

They became alarmed when no one could find her and began searching for her in earnest. They tried her cell; formed their own little search party; the owner verbally called her name outside from her deck over and over again. But no sign of Dede was found until she suddenly turned up around 1:00 pm.

I'm going to skip some details so I don't end up writing a short book here, but TMHV
had time to come from somewhere in the vicinity of Highway 30 (St. Helen's Road) to make a quick private stop to pick up Dede.

I think the two traveled together in Kaine's F250 truck to the gym where at 11:39 am TMHV got out of the vehicle with the baby and entered the gym. I believe Dede then drove the truck somewhere, possibly to a car wash, or possibly to dispose of evidence (burner phones, for example) that TMHV hadn't had time dispose of.

I believe she then returned to the gym at 12:40 pm, picked up TMHV and the baby, and the three returned to the "flower farm" to drop Dede off.

I've worked the driving times for all of this out on Google Maps and it really does fit. There was plenty of time to drop Dede off for her sudden appearance at 1:00 pm, and TMHV had plenty of time to arrive at her residence and upload Kyron's picture by 1:21 pm.

I think it's a real travesty that Dede's father was ever allowed to search for Kyron. I don't care what his status was and even if it was only once. It should never have happened.

I believe she was involved. I think there may have been a sweet little deal made.

And I'm not sure at all that they have no contact. I believe there is a sick and disgusting blog where they are both members.

Last-minute edit: And let's not forget about the released documents showing the exchange between TMHV and Kaine's old friend from school. DS was present dressed in a g-string and serving TMHV drinks while the sexting was ongoing.

Nah, I don't believe that was all done as a smokescreen type thing. Nope, can't swallow that.

Luv your comments, though.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you've said.
Dede was up to her neck in this.
imo

Oh, this is very interesting. I do disagree, but only with the greatest respect.

I know the early media reports were all over the place concerning the start of Dede's "missing time". However, as years progressed and further details kept dribbling out, MSM reports seemed to indicate an agreement that the start of her missing time was around 11:30 am.

I believe it's confirmed that Dede's vehicle arrived at "the farm" around 9:00 am and stayed there all day with her known cell phone locked inside. She admitted that is highly unusual as she is the type of person that would normally keep it glued to her side.

Dede was dispatched to work way down in the back hothouse near the property line.

In an interview, the owner of "the farm" stated that she began searching for Dede around 11:30 am as she was having a "surprise thank-you buffet" for all the workers and she wanted Dede to attend.

They became alarmed when no one could find her and began searching for her in earnest. They tried her cell; formed their own little search party; the owner verbally called her name outside from her deck over and over again. But no sign of Dede was found until she suddenly turned up around 1:00 pm.

I'm going to skip some details so I don't end up writing a short book here, but TMHV
had time to come from somewhere in the vicinity of Highway 30 (St. Helen's Road) to make a quick private stop to pick up Dede.

I think the two traveled together in Kaine's F250 truck to the gym where at 11:39 am TMHV got out of the vehicle with the baby and entered the gym. I believe Dede then drove the truck somewhere, possibly to a car wash, or possibly to dispose of evidence (burner phones, for example) that TMHV hadn't had time dispose of.

I believe she then returned to the gym at 12:40 pm, picked up TMHV and the baby, and the three returned to the "flower farm" to drop Dede off.

I've worked the driving times for all of this out on Google Maps and it really does fit. There was plenty of time to drop Dede off for her sudden appearance at 1:00 pm, and TMHV had plenty of time to arrive at her residence and upload Kyron's picture by 1:21 pm.

I think it's a real travesty that Dede's father was ever allowed to search for Kyron. I don't care what his status was and even if it was only once. It should never have happened.

I believe she was involved. I think there may have been a sweet little deal made.

And I'm not sure at all that they have no contact. I believe there is a sick and disgusting blog where they are both members.

Last-minute edit: And let's not forget about the released documents showing the exchange between TMHV and Kaine's old friend from school. DS was present dressed in a g-string and serving TMHV drinks while the sexting was ongoing.

Nah, I don't believe that was all done as a smokescreen type thing. Nope, can't swallow that.

Luv your comments, though.

Regarding those messages....now see....when I read them, it sounded to me like Terri was saying she was the one wearing the g-string. Since DS basically sounded like a hanger-on, I just assumed TMHV could care less what DS was doing. Plus why would MC care what DS was wearing. She just wasn't using her punctuation. But I could be wrong.

Some things just don't sit right with me about their relationship: meeting at the gym, DS has some of the same physical traits (except for her curly hair), KH appears to not really know her (IIRC) and then she ends up staying in his house because TMHV is alone and needs a shoulder to cry on.

Lol. That's it. That's all I wanted to add.

But I do agree that there was plenty of time for DS and TMHV to meet up, do what they gotta do, and then be on their separate ways.

Some things just don't sit right with me about their relationship: meeting at the gym, DS has some of the same physical traits (except for her curly hair), KH appears to not really know her (IIRC) and then she ends up staying in his house because TMHV is alone and needs a shoulder to cry on.

I guess I should specify. "meeting at the gym" isn't what makes the relationship strange. It kind of seems like DS fits a profile that maybe TMHV thought she could use to her advantage. The physical traits, the loose schedule and type of jobs that DS had, KH not really knowing her. What I want to know is: did they meet outside of the gym--i.e. go to lunch, go drinking, have rant-sessions? What was this "friendship" really?

Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes people make decisions that seem beneficial in the short term which they come to greatly regret later. No idea what he saw in her.

He will surely regret his decision to marry her, for as long as he lives. Honestly, it looks like she has, and will continue to get away with murder. I have heard detectives say that the perp always leaves a part of themselves, or some clue behind. I say- not always.

@ Catmommy.. I couldn't agree more. We should NEVER give up hope that justice will come. The person (s) who disappeared Kyron need to be held accountable for what they have done. Thank God that there is no time limitation.. I want whomever (s) did this to have to watch over their back for the rest of their miserable life (s). Of EVERY story that I have ever read/followed.. Kyron's touches my heart the most. Every time I see that (now) old calendar on my wall with the picture of the red-eyed tree frog.. my heart breaks all over again. Rest in peace Kyron, we will NEVER let you be forgotten! :(

From the Willamette Week, Portland Oregon Newspaper;

Kyron Horman Update: One Tipster's Startling Suspicions, and Frustration (Updated with Comment from MCSO)

By JAMES PITKIN |
Published August 3, 2010
Updated January 24, 2017

Kyron Horman
WW

Bruce McCain
This morning around 9:00 am I received a telephone call from Mark DeWitt, a 51-year old single farmer who lives in Riddle, Oregon. ... When I took his call he expressed relief in “finally talking to a human” after leaving unanswered calls to the MCSO tip line. I told him I no longer worked at MCSO and I am not part of the investigation at all. He understood that but asked me to pass this info along to the authorities.

DeWitt told me he was driving on 99W near Junction City around noon on Wednesday, June 9–the same day Captain Mike Shults delivered his press statement without the families present. DeWitt said a white pick-up truck driven by a female with brown or reddish hair came up fast behind him. He noticed in his rear view mirror that a boy with short dark hair and glasses kept popping his head up in the front seat, only to have the driver push his head down. The pick-up passed DeWitt and turned on a gravel road near an old mill site in or near the town of Monroe, Oregon. DeWitt said the pickup turned onto a side road where it stopped to meet a “cranberry” color sedan from which a heavy set red head female and a male wearing a baseball cap emerged. DeWitt said the pickup driver got out and took the boy into a heavily wooded area where they were followed by the other two–with the male carrying a shovel he removed from the sedan trunk.

DeWitt continued into town where he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions to his destination, which I think was a grain elevator for seed. While out of his vehicle, DeWitt said he heard what sounded like a single gun shot coming from the general vicinity of where he saw the three adults and boy. DeWitt then said he later pulled into a rest area on 99W to use the rest room. As he was heading back onto the road, he was behind a slow moving motor home that was pulling onto the highway. DeWitt said he then saw the pickup again speeding with the sedan behind it about to collide with the motor home. He said the truck slammed on its brakes and barely stopped short of colliding with the motor home, but the sedan skidded and collided with the rear of the white pickup. DeWitt said it was not a major crash, but the sedan might have some slight front end damage and the pickup might show signs of a “paint swap” in the rear.

DeWitt said he does not watch much television and did not put all of these pieces together until he started following the Kyron story on the news. He said he has called the tip line three times, but with no answer. He also said he reported the incident to a “Eugene Deputy” (not sure if Eugene PD or Lane County Sheriff) shortly thereafter, but before he realized the possible significance of what he saw. I asked him what he wanted me to do with this information and he just wants a “real person” to go check the area – which he says he has since revisited. I told him that's not a good idea since it might be a crime scene.

I had to leave for another appointment but I called him back around 12:45 while on the road. I asked him if he knew I was an attorney and he said No, he only saw me described as a retired MCSO Captain. I wanted to verify he was not seeking legal advice or representation and we agreed there never was any lawyer-client relationship established. I told him I would pass his story on to someone I knew “high up” in the investigation. But I also told him that one reason why he might not have received a call back is that investigators knew where Terri and the pickup were around 12 noon on Wednesday, June 9.

Does everyone remember this article? I have always wondered if LE investigated this mans story.

@ Niner.. I have no idea whether LE ever went out there to look, but if not why not? The time could have been wrong.. there could have been another pickup used.. there are a lot of white pickups. A lot of different things could have happened, I wouldn't put anything past Terri. I first read this years ago, and it has always stuck with me.. gnawed at me..

@ Niner.. I have no idea whether LE ever went out there to look, but if not why not? The time could have been wrong.. there could have been another pickup used.. there are a lot of white pickups. A lot of different things could have happened, I wouldn't put anything past Terri. I first read this years ago, and it has always stuck with me.. gnawed at me..

As I have watched true crime cases for so long, and so many going cold, I have come to the conclusion that solving these cases depends so much on the initial investigation and the intelligence, caring and compassion of the Detectives investigating the case. I have said many times before, many of these cases go cold because the investigations were just not that thorough; It takes intelligence, a certain amount of creativity or thinking out of the box to get these murderers. Right now Teri believes she got away with murder and she is right: Why didn't they put more pressure on her-- there are so many things they could have done to put pressure on her--I have seen cases where the police put out headlines in the newspaper where they put out information that was designed to let the perp think the police had more information than they really had--- at this point it would take someone calling in with a tip or new detectives with fresh eyes looking at the case.

I remember that article. It seemed both hopeful and a bit too odd too me.

- He - the driver - was able to see that the child “kept” popping back up from his rear view mirror? He saw the child pop up more than once? The glasses, the dark hair - that’s a lot of detail to capture from a rear-view IMO, even if the pick-up was very close behind.

- Presumably in the time it took for him to drive by, he saw the pick-up pull off and park, people exit the pick-up, people exit the sedan, someone retrieve a shovel, and everyone walking into the woods? That’s a lot to see in a drive-by, IMO.

I’m not necessarily discounting this. The pick-up suddenly approaching, the speeding - that all makes sense. I am moderately skeptical that the tipster witnessed everything exactly as he reported. Not skeptical about his intentions. (We all know perfectly honest eyewitness accounts of a singular event can and do vary). JMO.

@ ilovewings.. I couldn't agree with you more. I truly believe it starts at the beginning of the case too, and the detectives investigating it then.. We know that the first 48 hours are the most important in solving the case. I have read that LE wanted to arrest Terri, but because of what happened with the Casey Anthony case decided not to press charges. They want to be SURE that Terri ends up behind bars where she belongs(in my opinion). Like yourself, I wish that they had put more pressure on her. She had to have had everything planned down to the wire to have eluded justice SO FAR. This case absolutely needs some NEW 'eyes' on it. I believe Terri had help, and I can't imagine how they can live with what they have done. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon