Kyron Horman's general discussion thread - 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard any more about the missing bones that were found on April 16/17?

From what I have read, they have been confirmed as human, but--from the most recent video I can find--"man or woman, young or old" hasn't been confirmed.

One article suggested the investigation could go all the way up to homicide. Another article suggested a gun had been found nearby, but admitted it was unknown if the remains and the gun were connected in any way.

Also, the bones could have been resting where they were found for anywhere from one year to many years.

I couldn't help but note the proximity to Kyron's disappearance and I just tentatively marked the spot on my map.

207wd9d.jpg

According to Google it is only about 15 miles or a 26 minute drive between the 2nd Fred Meyer and the discovery.

I note that in other missing person's cases, we are allowed to mention a discovery of something of this nature if it is in the area of the disappearance, so I'm hoping it is okay to add this here.

As it has been almost two weeks now and I can't find an update, I wonder if I missed it.

I don't know if anyone else is following this, and I realize it will probably amount to a big zero, but I find I can't discount it.

Prayers for sweet Kyron.

Here are a couple of links to support the above:
http://koin.com/2017/04/16/bones-found-on-hiking-trail-appear-to-be-human/

http://katu.com/news/local/bones-fo...king-trail-police-conduct-death-investigation

Thank you so much for sharing this. Could very well be related to the case.

Wondering if they turned out not to be human bones, and that is why there has been no further update.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for sharing this. Could very well be related to the case.

Wondering if they turned out not to be human bones, and that is why there has been no further update.

JMO

According to the KOIN link, they have been confirmed as human. Also, I noticed that KOIN was the only article updated on the 17th--perhaps the confirmation was the update.
A family hiking in Southwest Portland on Sunday afternoon discovered bones that investigators confirmed are human, police said.

And from the KATU link--I would be surprised to see the following without confirmation:
The Oregon State Medical Examiner and homicide detectives were called out to conduct a death investigation.
http://katu.com/news/local/bones-fo...king-trail-police-conduct-death-investigation

One thing worth mentioning, though--and I intended to add this to my original post: there are two cemeteries in the area. Coming off Sellwood Bridge, there is the River View Cemetery and the Greenwood Hill Cemetery. I know it doesn't happen often--thank goodness, but there have been times where human bones can wash up in unusual circumstances.

I'm not sure how quickly LE could determine cemetery remains from human remains being dumped to hide a crime. Perhaps in either case the medical examiner and homicide detectives would be called in to conduct a death investigation?

For convenience, here is a quick link to a Google Map of the area. The Sellwood Bridge is marked and across from it (to the left), you can see the cemeteries, and just down from it you can see the River View Natural Area.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/SW...6ca9d73!8m2!3d45.4642991!4d-122.6654917?hl=en

If there hasn't been an update that I missed, I am currently thinking that maybe there hasn't been enough time to confirm the identity. I think I was just reading last night that in the Susan Powell case, it recently took around three weeks to a month to confirm remains were not hers--so maybe with a little more time, we will have confirmation one way or the other.

I don't know how I want it to go. After all this time, I think I actually let myself get hopeful towards having a Jaycee Dugard type ending here. I'm all shook up over this.

According to the KOIN link, they have been confirmed as human. Also, I noticed that KOIN was the only article updated on the 17th--perhaps the confirmation was the update.

And from the KATU link--I would be surprised to see the following without confirmation:

One thing worth mentioning, though--and I intended to add this to my original post: there are two cemeteries in the area. Coming off Sellwood Bridge, there is the River View Cemetery and the Greenwood Hill Cemetery. I know it doesn't happen often--thank goodness, but there have been times where human bones can wash up in unusual circumstances.

I'm not sure how quickly LE could determine cemetery remains from human remains being dumped to hide a crime. Perhaps in either case the medical examiner and homicide detectives would be called in to conduct a death investigation?

For convenience, here is a quick link to a Google Map of the area. The Sellwood Bridge is marked and across from it (to the left), you can see the cemeteries, and just down from it you can see the River View Natural Area.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/SW...6ca9d73!8m2!3d45.4642991!4d-122.6654917?hl=en

If there hasn't been an update that I missed, I am currently thinking that maybe there hasn't been enough time to confirm the identity. I think I was just reading last night that in the Susan Powell case, it recently took around three weeks to a month to confirm remains were not hers--so maybe with a little more time, we will have confirmation one way or the other.

I don't know how I want it to go. After all this time, I think I actually let myself get hopeful towards having a Jaycee Dugard type ending here. I'm all shook up over this.

Thank you for that info and those links.

I agree about not even knowing what to hope.

I did notice the cemeteries. Because of all the trees and their roots, I don't think a body could be able to move into the park from there via flooding. The park is so big and dense. Do we know where exactly the remains were found? Where is the parking for this park? Been looking this morning, googling.

Portland Police Bureau spokesman Sgt. Pete Simpson said the family was near the Sellwood Bridge in an area between Macadam and Lewis and Clark College. Simpson said it’s not a well-known trail, and that it’s mostly used by locals.

This area describes the entire park IMO. The photos show a road with a path coming off of it. So is the road SW Macadam? I can't tell.

OK the road is SW Macadam and there is a guardrail near the south of the park. There are trails that are accessible from that road and head towards Lewis and Clark College. There is not any parking that I can see from Macadam so a vehicle would have pulled off onto the shoulder like the police vehicles in the news coverage on this.

Very curious as to the victim and the identity. RIP whoever this is.

I did notice the cemeteries. Because of all the trees and their roots, I don't think a body could be able to move into the park from there v
ia flooding. The park is so big and dense. Do we know where exactly the remains were found? Where is the parking for this park? Been looking this morning, googling.

This area describes the entire park IMO. The photos show a road with a path coming off of it. So is the road SW Macadam? I can't tell.

Yes, I do believe the road is SW Macadam. It is hard to tell exactly where the remains were found, and I get the feeling they didn't want to be specific.

From the pictures, it looks like parking may be just along the main road (SW Macadam Avenue). From the article, I get the idea that the trails are mostly used by students and locals for walking. Strangely enough, a family decided to go for a walk there on Easter Sunday and their teenager decided to explore a short distance off the trail.

Maybe someone from the area will drop in and be able to tell more from the pictures. :loveyou:

k9aoad.jpg

2cmxdop.jpg

2j0xfo6.jpg

OK the road is SW Macadam and there is a guardrail near the south of the park. There are trails that are accessible from that road and head towards Lewis and Clark College. There is not any parking that I can see from Macadam so a vehicle would have pulled off onto the shoulder like the police vehicles in the news coverage on this.

Very curious as to the victim and the identity. RIP whoever this is.

John Hendricks ✔ @JohnKPTV
Portland Police investigating after human bones were found on a SW PDX hiking trail near Riverside Dr/Macadam Ave.

https://twitter.com/JohnKPTV/status/853783758675222528/photo/1

http://www.kptv.com/story/35162592/...w-portland-trail-death-investigation-underway

Please excuse my previous comment as it took me so long to get the pictures up, I hadn't seen your newest posts.

OMGosh--I haven't totally finished exploring your links, but I captured a few screenshots from the video on FOX. Oh my, there seems to be so many more bones than I thought. I was thinking one or two.

208wkf5.jpg

2n1ymab.jpg

Prayers for whoever this poor soul is or was, and prayers that it is not beautiful, beautiful Kyron.

I Googled mapped "8400 SW Macadam Avenue, Portland, OR" and this is where Google placed the marker:

28i0wpd.jpg

That is just a little bit higher up than I show below:

207wd9d.jpg

I placed it a little bit closer to the River View Natural Area because of the KOIN link, (and I think some of the other links, too). Lewis and Clark College is to the bottom left of the River View Natural Area.

an unmaintained trail off of SW Macadam Avenue in the River View Natural Area when they made the discovery

In the second screenshot I have the marker right where the two dotted lines seem to meet Macadam Avenue. It is only a guess, as I don't think there is any way of knowing their exact location at this point. I believe they said the teenager who made the actual discovery had only walked a short distance off the trail the family was on, but I don't think they really said how far in the River View Natural Area they had previously walked. I do have the impression that the remains were not far into the natural area, though.

My apologies. I went over to the other thread as soon as I saw this.

Specific to the Kyron Hormon case, though...I appreciate your work with the maps. I recognize the case relevance of the various marked locations, but I don't remember where the school is located or where their home was in relation to these places. Are they marked on the map (and I'm missing them)?

Specific to the Kyron Hormon case, though...I appreciate your work with the maps. I recognize the case relevance of the various marked locations, but I don't remember where the school is located or where their home was in relation to these places. Are they marked on the map (and I'm missing them)?

This might give a better idea. :)

2e0ky15.jpg

I'm not sure how the link in my signature line will work, but I have lots of places marked there. Too many, really. But if it opens, you can check it out.

This might give a better idea. :)

2e0ky15.jpg

I'm not sure how the link in my signature line will work, but I have lots of places marked there. Too many, really. But if it opens, you can check it out.

Thank you so much. I appreciate that.

Feeling that if Kyron is deceased, it is better for everyone for that to be known. And it could give a starting place for investigating who could have accessed the remains site at the time he went missing.

Well, my my my look how close DeDe's condo is from the 'unknown remains' spot....or am I just imagining that? imo

Argh, I am so hoping for justice in this case.

Kyron's case is the one that brought me to WS.
Desiree has been so strong and vocal in her presence to find her son. I just pray that, one day soon, she can give him a proper resting spot and have some peace and healing.

JMO

Truth Prevails, your signature link is just amazing, you must have put hours upon hours in the hard work you've done in there. There is so much detailed info in there and I'm positive everyone else who takes the time to look it over will be so pleased with it as well. Job well done!!! :tyou: for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa