Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another article saying her first husband used meth, do you think keeping a baby around a meth user is healthy? I give her credit for getting her baby out of that situation.

The information that daddy #1 changed years later is great for everybody. IMO keeping a baby in a meth environment is child abuse. MOO MHO and an oink.

Fortunately he recovered from his AIDS diagnosis and is able to have his child now.

There is another article saying her first husband used meth, do you think keeping a baby around a meth user is healthy? I give her credit for getting her baby out of that situation.

The information that daddy #1 changed years later is great for everybody. IMO keeping a baby in a meth environment is child abuse. MOO MHO and an oink.

There was also an allegation that Tarver had AIDS, an incurable disease. And yet here he is, healthy as can be taking care of his son. People throw around all kinds of nasty allegations in a divorce.

No. There was a lawsuit filed for this in 2000. It settled 6 months later, according to OJIN. She taught school well after that. You can't work and be on disability at the same time.

Maybe she was on temporary disability from her accident and while in school. Isn't that possible? moo

Here you go.

"Richard Ecker said he paid for her education, which remains a sore point for his parents.

"He wanted to go to college, too, but she came first," Mavis Ecker said. "

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

His parents sure do a lot of speaking for their grown adult son = maybe we should talk about enmeshed boundaries here. They sound like horrible people. Questions the gesture of flowers, poems, their son adopting a boy, his marriage, their son's education...how old was he???????moo

There was also an allegation that Tarver had AIDS, an incurable disease. And yet here he is, healthy as can be taking care of his son. People throw around all kinds of nasty allegations in a divorce.

I know they do. Pretty darn hard to use meth abuse if there hasn't been an arrest or even an LE record of it. Maybe Oregon is different - the judges take the word of the mom without any backup. I doubt it. moo mho

I missed the autism reference. I just checked the Oregonian piece and didn't see it. Could you tell me which article it's in please?

Thanks!

It is in the print edition on a caption of a photo of Terri at the first press conference with the family. It is not in the online story. It is in Saturday's Oregonian, page A9. The caption says,

"After Kyron Horman didn't come home on the school bus June 4, investigators focused on his stepmother Terri Horman. Kaine Horman and Desiree Young were surprised when Terri suddenly mentioned that the boy might have a form of autism. "Kyron never had any learning disabilities," Young said. "He was a talented and gifted child."

If you don't want to take my word for it, I guess you can ask other Portlanders to verify with their Saturday paper.

His parents sure do a lot of speaking for their grown adult son = maybe we should talk about enmeshed boundaries here. They sound like horrible people. Questions the gesture of flowers, poems, their son adopting a boy, his marriage, their son's education...how old was he???????moo

You mean the way Carol Moulton speaks for Terri? I agree. Let Terri and Richard speak for themselves.

It is in the print edition on a caption of a photo of Terri at the first press conference with the family. It is not in the online story. It is in Saturday's Oregonian, page A9. The caption says,

"After Kyron Horman didn't come home on the school bus June 4, investigators focused on his stepmother Terri Horman. Kaine Horman and Desiree Young were surprised when Terri suddenly mentioned that the boy might have a form of autism. "Kyron never had any learning disabilities," Young said. "He was a talented and gifted child."

If you don't want to take my word for it, I guess you can ask other Portlanders to verify with their Saturday paper.

So, to quote myself, why would Terri first say she thought he was autistic, and then tell the story about the possibility of mini-seizures? And why wasn't she discussing any of this with Kyron's mom or dad?

This article gives us a sense of Terri's life from high school on. For the sake of her children who someday might be reading this thread or may be reading it now - let me say this:

I feel certain Terri loves each of her children, and was thrilled to find out she was pregnant. Not for extortion, but for the beautiful gift of having a child. Every single person has talked about the love Terri has for her children and the care she gave in raising them. Everyone, absolutely everyone, speaks about how wonderful Terri is as a mom. :heart: moo mho

I know they do. Pretty darn hard to use meth abuse if there hasn't been an arrest or even an LE record of it. Maybe Oregon is different - the judges take the word of the mom without any backup. I doubt it. moo mho

Just because she threw that allegation into an affidavit does not mean the judge took her word for it. You can allege anything you want. Doesn't make it true.

Maybe Richard didn't want to talk. The article said that some people closed the door in their faces.

He may want to get on with his life and forget that chapter of his life. I would.

But parents love their children no matter how old they are. They had dreams for their son that never materialized .

Richard sounds like Kaine in that Richard gave a lot to Terri and came out with the short end of the stick. Maybe he got past it.

Call me petty, but if that happened to my child (and my kids are all over 30), I would be upset. And maybe the parents did get over it pretty much,, but all of the old emotions came flooding back. It hasn't been that long though.

This article gives us a sense of Terri's life from high school on. For the sake of her children who someday might be reading this thread or may be reading it now - let me say this:

I feel certain Terri loves each of her children, and was thrilled to find out she was pregnant. Not for extortion, but for the beautiful gift of having a child. Every single person has talked about the love Terri has for her children and the care she gave in raising them. Everyone, absolutely everyone, speaks about how wonderful Terri is as a mom. :heart: moo mho

Yep. They sure do. And Ted Bundy worked at a rape crisis hotline. Because he loved and respected women so much. All his co-volunteers agreed.

Yet look where the baby is now. Not with Terri. And Terri isn't fighting for her, either. Indeed, she wants to give Kaine his divorce, but bifurcate the child custody case from the divorce case, which means it could be two years before she is allowed to see the baby again. Why? Why do that? She hasn't been charged with a crime yet. Her chances of at least winning visitation with the baby are good right now, if she'd go to court and settle the divorce and child custody case now instead of bifurcating and abating.

Why? Does she not want to be deposed on the record in the divorce case? That's inevitable. She'll have to be deposed sometime, whether it's now or two years from now. What on earth could she not want to discuss in a deposition? What on earth could she not wish to be revealed in discovery?

Why would two years from now make it better for her than now? Two years without the daughter that she loves so much.

Yep. They sure do. And Ted Bundy worked at a rape crisis hotline. Because he loved and respected women so much. All his co-volunteers agreed.

Pretty sure it was a suicide hotline that had both male and females calling in. The rape work came from him putting together a brochure for women on how to avoid rape.

I have a difficult time accepting that in my message to the children, you contaminated it with incorrect information about Ted Bundy. It wasn't addressed to you - thank you very much for deleting it. moo

Tricia doesn't grade us here at WS for promoting innocence or guilt - we are here to discuss theories and conjecture, this is not a court of law. MOO MHO

Maybe Richard didn't want to talk. The article said that some people closed the door in their faces.

He may want to get on with his life and forget that chapter of his life. I would.

But parents love their children no matter how old they are. They had dreams for their son that never materialized .

Richard sounds like Kaine in that Richard gave a lot to Terri and came out with the short end of the stick. Maybe he got past it.

Call me petty, but if that happened to my child (and my kids are all over 30), I would be upset. And maybe the parents did get over it pretty much,, but all of the old emotions came flooding back. It hasn't been that long though.

And knowing that your son is paying almost $600 a month for child support for an adopted child that is not biologically his, that he never sees and has not seen in years, that the child's mother let go back to the bio-dad... I totally get their resentment.

Why didn't Terri ask Richard to terminate parental rights and then let Kaine adopt J.? Hmmm... let's think....

Maybe because terminating Richard's parental rights would mean terminating Richard's child support check?

It's not like Terri was that worried about stability in her son's life. She dragged him through every ugly relationship she had, and changed his name along the way. I feel awful for the kid, and I hope that he will have some kind of stability where he is now.

The son is an INNOCENT VICTIM in this mess, not only that he is a minor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is he being sleuthed??? Please stop!

Sorry, I'm not in Portland, but was Desiree Young quoted in the newspaper speaking of Kyron in the past tense? I'm gobsmacked.

Pretty sure it was a suicide hotline that had both male and females calling in. The rape work came from him putting together a brochure for women on how to avoid rape.

I have a difficult time accepting that in my message to the children, you contaminated it with incorrect information about Ted Bundy. It wasn't addressed to you - thank you very much for deleting it. moo

Tricia doesn't grade us here at WS for promoting innocence or guilt - we are here to discuss theories and conjecture, this is not a court of law. MOO MHO

He had worked as a volunteer counselor at a rape crisis hotline (Ann Rule, 1991).

http://www.crimeandclues.com/index.php/physical-evidence/impression-evidence/61-bite-mark-analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11