Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I truly believed that a specific person harmed my little boy, I'd be down at the Horman house way more often than Desiree. I think she's showing great restraint. Just sayin'.

I can't even imagine the depth of her emotional pain and frustration but I'm not sure it was all actually directed at Terri. I think it was to draw attention to LE's failure to close this case.

Terri has an attorney and he's not going to let her reveal whatever she knows without receiving some kind of "deal" in return. It's time for LE to cut that deal and let Desiree be reunited little one.

JMO

Court documents: Terri Horman seeks to 'reconnect' with daughter

Posted: Dec 02, 2013 2:14 PM AST
Updated: Dec 02, 2013 2:30 PM AST

Kaine Horman has maintained his estranged wife was involved in the disappearance of his son, Kyron Horman, who was 7 years old when he seemingly vanished from Skyline School on June 4, 2010. Terri Horman has never been named a suspect or person of interest in the case.

http://www.kptv.com/story/24116201/court-documents-terri-horman-seeks-to-reconnect-with-daughter

Obviously I don't know much about GJ's in Oregon but what could they be doing for this extended period of time? I know they have questioned people but do they still meet? Have they come to a decision? Or will we ever know?

This is what I found:
Grand jury service is for approximately one month. If you are unable to serve for that period of time, the judge will make a determination whether you may be excused due to hardship. The juries meet at different times of the day.
http://courts.oregon.gov/Multnomah/General_Info/Jury_Service/pages/grandjury.aspx

I read between the lines a month or so ago. I think it was clear the GJ met again on this case and failed to indict. That's when (and why) TH decided to try to reestablish some rights to her child and why Desiree dropped her civil suit and began protesting. To me all of that points to a sense of greater security on the part of TH and desperation on the part of Desiree.

Court documents: Terri Horman seeks to 'reconnect' with daughter

Posted: Dec 02, 2013 2:14 PM AST
Updated: Dec 02, 2013 2:30 PM AST

Kaine Horman has maintained his estranged wife was involved in the disappearance of his son, Kyron Horman, who was 7 years old when he seemingly vanished from Skyline School on June 4, 2010. Terri Horman has never been named a suspect or person of interest in the case.

http://www.kptv.com/story/24116201/court-documents-terri-horman-seeks-to-reconnect-with-daughter

Actually, Terri WAS named a suspect but not by law enforcement. Unless she's charged with a crime, I think Kaine is going to have a difficult time keeping her away from their daughter.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-judge-suspect-166960726.html

Civil judge calls Terri Horman 'prime suspect'

Actually, Terri WAS named a suspect but not by law enforcement. Unless she's charged with a crime, I think Kaine is going to have a difficult time keeping her away from their daughter.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-judge-suspect-166960726.html

Civil judge calls Terri Horman 'prime suspect'

Well, yes and no. He has kept her away from the child for what, 4 years now, without any charges being filed? And that's because she refused to fully cooperate in a child custody evaluation, or the litigation process. She made the decision to give up trying to see her kid, in exchange for not answering questions related to Kyron's disappearance, in the context of discovery or in the context of a professional child custody eval.

Now she appears to be willing to participate to some degree. If the judge feels that participation is enough to determine the best interest of the kid, then TH will get some contact with K. But there is a chance that the judge won't deem her participation enough. Also, any contact she will get will be highly restricted, at least for a long time.

This lady will never regain primary custody of her child now. Not unless Kaine dies.

The thing that keeps me on the fence about this case is Jaycee Dugard. So many people were convinced that her stepfather had something to do with it - and yes, some things really did look bad for him. Jaycee's case taught me to step back and not rush to judgment. I think there's still a possibility this was a stranger abduction.

The thing that keeps me on the fence about this case is Jaycee Dugard. So many people were convinced that her stepfather had something to do with it - and yes, some things really did look bad for him. Jaycee's case taught me to step back and not rush to judgment. I think there's still a possibility this was a stranger abduction.

Jaycee's stepdad never stopped cooperating, didn't hire the most powerful criminal defense attorney in the area and didn't give up custody of his infant merely to avoid answering questions about his step child's disappearance.

Jaycee's stepdad never stopped cooperating, didn't hire the most powerful criminal defense attorney in the area and didn't give up custody of his infant merely to avoid answering questions about his step child's disappearance.

I don't fault TH for some of that. Given the whole murder for hire "sting," I would imagine I would behave similarly. If I were innocent of a crime, and LE seemed determined to view me as a suspect, I'd probably behave as she had.

It's entirely possible she did it. Statistics and circumstantial evidence make it likely. But I don't find those things as damning as other people do.

She has given up her whole life so she does not have to answer some questions. Why?

Well, yes and no. He has kept her away from the child for what, 4 years now, without any charges being filed? And that's because she refused to fully cooperate in a child custody evaluation, or the litigation process. She made the decision to give up trying to see her kid, in exchange for not answering questions related to Kyron's disappearance, in the context of discovery or in the context of a professional child custody eval.

Now she appears to be willing to participate to some degree. If the judge feels that participation is enough to determine the best interest of the kid, then TH will get some contact with K. But there is a chance that the judge won't deem her participation enough. Also, any contact she will get will be highly restricted, at least for a long time.

This lady will never regain primary custody of her child now. Not unless Kaine dies.

The infant was taken by the father and he used the murder for hire allegations to obtain an emergency custody order. I can understand why an attorney would advise Terri not to answer questions but there have been no charges filed against Terri for the murder for hire. I agree she may not receive primary custody but I think she'll at least obtain joint custody and significant parenting time.

JMO

I don't fault TH for some of that. Given the whole murder for hire "sting," I would imagine I would behave similarly. If I were innocent of a crime, and LE seemed determined to view me as a suspect, I'd probably behave as she had.

It's entirely possible she did it. Statistics and circumstantial evidence make it likely. But I don't find those things as damning as other people do.

ITA. Terri did cooperate at first and the "sting" failed. I can't leap to the conclusion she is guilty just because she's now following the advice of her attorney. I think he's going to refuse to provide any information until there is an acceptable "deal" on the table from prosecutors.

JMO

Would you really give up your baby? I wouldn't. And as a family law attorney I can tell you that the only ones I have known to give up fighting for their kids are those with serious mental health, drug or alcohol issues, and/or those who really don't give much of a damn.

The infant was taken by the father and he used the murder for hire allegations to obtain an emergency custody order. I can understand why an attorney would advise Terri not to answer questions but there have been no charges filed against Terri for the murder for hire. I agree she may not receive primary custody but I think she'll at least obtain joint custody and significant parenting time.

JMO

No, the infant was not "taken" by the father. He went to court seeking sole custody and won based on the mother's refusal to participate in the litigation.

She may be able to get joint legal custody but as to significant parenting time, that is unlikely to occur for years, if ever, because she voluntarily gave up all contact for 4 years, leading to a situation where there is no mother-child relationship and thus the best interest of the child does not indicate such contact. The best interest standard looks at the child's need to maintain a relationship with the parent he or she knows and loves, and/or at what the other parent can offer to the child.

It is certainly the policy of the law to start with the premise that frequent and continuing contact with both parents is in the best interest of the child. But that's the starting point. A long voluntary separation from a child can do much to affect that premise. The age of the child at the time of separation is key as well.

TH has done much to permanently damage her rights to her child and her relationship with her. Her family law attorneys would have explained that to her way back when. She made her choice. If she plays ball, she is very likely to get some form of contact with her kid but she has a long row to hoe. Very long.

Btw, I am a family law attorney. That's my practice.

I just heard the 6pm newscast from Channel 2 in Portland. I am simply beside myself now as it was just a tease, saying they will have the new info on their 11pm news tonight regarding the Kyron Horman case !!!!!

What they did say is that this news is linked to the plot TH had on having Kaine killed. That is all they said except that it is something new that hasn't hit the news before.

Does anyone know any more about what it could be? I didn't see a thread here on this subject yet.

xo

. . . . So I just called the news desk at KATU. The newscaster said the info they have came from court documents and has something to do with relationships. Then he kind of laughed and said "be sure and tune in at 11 tonight!"

I'll let you know what they say at 11pm.

First I've heard of it! It wasn't on the news here in Eugene either. I wonder what the deal is?

Good to see you, Scandi!

First I've heard of it! It wasn't on the news here in Eugene either. I wonder what the deal is?

Good to see you, Scandi!

Good to see you too Kimster. I did post above that I called the station. Actually I said to the guy {in a nice way} Do you expect me to wait for 4 more hours on new info in the Kyron Horman case? lol

That is when he said "Well, it involves relationships." I said "in what way", and then he said it was info they got from court documents. I didn't catch if it was from new documents or not because he started laughing and then asked me to be sure and watch the newscast tonight.

Can someone tell me how long from the present time we need to wait for this news? TIA.

Oh. Is it four hours from now? lol

Oh dear...I can't stay up that late- I guess I'll be checking my for news in the middle of the night when I get upon to use the bathroom. :)

Can someone tell me how long from the present time we need to wait for this news? TIA.

It's 6:45 now, so that would be 4 hours and 15 min. I think.

It must be something that is telling about the relationship between TH and Kaine that would spurn the actions of her attempting to have him killed. Maybe something they experienced together that never come out before the court hearing. Just guessing tho. It could have to do with her relationship with the person she hired to have Kaine killed ???

I know the news guy won't give me any more info now. Think I'll call KOIN to see if they will tell me what it is.

I hope it really is something that ties to Kyron, at least in motive.

Does anyone remember early on one of the investigators eluding to something like this? As in he had found info regarding their relationship(s) that he hinted was unseemly or displeasing in some manner? I will look to see if I can find the news clip. It was early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley