LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from vacation and our A/C was out so my A/C guy just came to fix it. Anyway, he lives a few blocks from BSL and said the dude is just not "right" and he's been that way for a long time. When he was younger, he was caught digging up graves and playing with skulls. He was also a suspect years back on a house/trailer (he couldn't remember which one) fire in Branch that had two girls that were dead before the fire started but the police could never link him to it. Someone mentioned a few threads ago that there was a murder in Acadia Parish that he was a suspect in but they didn't have enough evidence to charge him. This could be the same murder/arson incident but I'm not sure.

Of course, all of this is hearsay but it is something to look at with his parents' house catching on fire, his trailer catching fire and his truck "catching" fire. He seems to have some sort of fascination with fire but of course his house and trailer were apparently never ruled as arson.

HMOF

I get the impression that this arrest could lead to the resolving of other unsolved crimes in the region.

I commend them for doing this!

Did any of you go to his mom's facebook page? There are plenty pics of him...with her, with her and his bro and him with a girl...but that pic might have been on Josh's FB.

Hey all, its been awhile since I've posted because I've been out of state for work the past month. However, when I heard the news of BSL's arrest I was overjoyed, for lack of a better term, and commend LE on their job well done. So many of these cases go cold. I wasn't surprised when I read about him being a RSO, which is more than likely the only link that LE had to him.

I also find the news of him being adopted very interesting, as it can fuel a nature vs. nurture debate. Seems as if he has exhibited sexual sociopathic behavior for some time now. I'm happy that LE got him off of our streets,but express my sorrow and empathy to the Shunick's.

Not saying it was the majority but there were many, many that did. It got tiring I know. That is why they started calling it the darned white truck.

Actually, I coined it in the midst of all the discussion over which of the white trucks was the one which had not been ruled out as a VOI by LE, despite very clear statements from LE which indicated that what we now know as BSL's truck was the DWTIQ.

Sometimes I think people just pick up on an interpretation of what they hear and run with it. No one knows where Mickey was taken definitively.

For the thousandth time, I don't know or necessarily believe that Mickey and/or her bike was under that truck. I just don't see actual facts and LE confirmation that it didn't happen. No one has provided any type on concrete evidence that it did not happen. There is no concrete evidence period of where it happened.

The only thing I am doing is trying to figure out what is in the pic that doesn't make sense. To me, there are too many coincidences to completely rule it out. Actually, the evidence points more to something happening to her in this vicinity than it ever did before.

Long before we knew this white truck did in fact hit her as IS now confirmed by LE, most of us knew something in this pic stands out as not being quite right. I think it is further evidence that it is a possibility even if remote.

We know from yesterday's presser that MS was taken "somewhere between Landry & St. Mary and Blackham Coliseum. Which means she was not hit in front of the Circle K. And neither she nor her bike are pictured being hit. Case closed.

Wow it sounds like BSL may have proposed to his gf that day or his gf told her family about it then. Why else would their be a *****storm in their family for the last 24hrs prior and him asking what he should do?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I read that entire thread before it was recently deleted. I think what happened
around the 26th was not that he had proposed--I think he had done so previously than that. What happened on that date, or very close to it, was that the family found out about his RSO status.

In later posts someone asked Adam what was going on. He said that the family was creeped out by the guy, but they did not know why. So they sleuthed him and found out about the RSO status. And she had been keeping that a secret from her parents and siblings. Since she has 2 kids they were VERY upset.

The fiance believed that he was falsely accused and would be found not guilty. Also, she had been dating him for about 9 months, and had been divorced legally for only one month. I got the impression that she was pretty young and naive as well.

Anyhow, the chit storm is probably caused by the fact that the fiances family had just then realized she was engaged to a level three sex offender.

Actually, I coined it in the midst of all the discussion over which of the white trucks was the one which had not been ruled out as a VOI by LE, despite very clear statements from LE which indicated that what we now know as BSL's truck was the DWTIQ.

We know from yesterday's presser that MS was taken "somewhere between Landry & St. Mary and Blackham Coliseum. Which means she was not hit in front of the Circle K. And neither she nor her bike are pictured being hit. Case closed.

However, for those who kept saying the DWT had nothing to do with Mickey's disappearance and all the BS about physics and it being impossible for the truck to have hit Mickey, I say case closed.

However, for those who kept saying the DWT had nothing to do with Mickey's disappearance and all the BS about physics and it being impossible for the truck to have hit Mickey, I say case closed.

I don't remember anyone saying it was impossible for that truck to have hit Mickey. I think it was said it was impossible for it to have hit her right at that spot and for her to have ended up under the tires right there in the same spot.

I never saw anyone say any of those things. The issue with the DWT was that most people didn't see mickey or her bike underneath the truck at the circle k in the pics and some people did and those pics were reviewed repeatedly. That was the issue. Everyone knew the DWT was a VOI and everyone knows its possible for a truck to hit a bike, especially if bike has damage to it.

Not at all how the conversation went -so please take moment to re read before we have WWIII. LOL and thank you.

I don't remember anyone saying that. I am sure they did, but wow that is strange. Who would claim the truck couldn't have hit her at all?? I do remember people saying it was impossible for her to be hit at that point in that picture and be in the position people swear she was due to physics which turned out to be true.

There were posts that said the DWT had nothing to do with Mickey's disappearance. It was stated here and several times to let the DWT go.
I might have misunderstood the part about it hitting her in connection with the picture but the other part, no way.

Let's stop this conversation right here. It is already going down the wrong road and let's not escalate a non issue.

Not at all how the conversation went -so please take moment to re read before we have WWIII. LOL and thank you.

Sorry we posted at the same time or I was composing. There were definitely posts though that sadi to let the DWT truck as it had nothing to do with Mickey's disappearance except maybe as a witness. Yes, the person in the white truck was definitely a witness, unfortunately.

I don't think anyone cited physics re: impossible to hit her. Physics makes it impossible for her to get hit from behind and fly backwards relative to the ground.

I would add in which days he was offshore and which days he was home. Also, someone said that Wood Group employees were called home early one day because of a storm or something. I think that needs to be included. And also -- WHERE did he go offshore and WHERE did he come in at? Very important.
Give me the dates that we know for sure and I'll add them.

Yes many locals are calling or contacting me on fb saying the see me on ws
There is a local by the user name LindsAy W, my real name happens to be LindsEy W.... For personal reasons I feel the need to clear the air, basically I don't want to be accused of leaking info or anything along those lines

Umm, okay. Are you saying I have ever "leaked" info?

eta: I'm racking my brain as to what you could be referring to. The only detail that I can think of, that I personally introduced to this forum that was not already widely known by Websleuths folks (but WAS widely known among those of us volunteers), some people took and ran with in another direction and I ended up saying I wished I'd never said it, and was going to delete it actually, but wasn't able to b/c the thread was closed by that time. So I contacted LE and let them know that I posted that here, and they said it was no big deal, it wasn't something that would hinder the investigation. If not, I would have contacted mods and had them remove the post. Now, there were things that all volunteers were specifically instructed NOT to broadcast, and I most certainly did not post those here.

If u relisten to the presser he says 5/21. He also says the burnt truck was found just days before pics were released of the truck to the public so it had to be a typo and the right day is the 21st

I agree with you. There has been many contradictions in the media. Some listing the finding of the truck burned on the 14th. I saw a list somewhere of his off/on shore time, but I don't remember where now....one of the links on this or the previous thread. LE has stated he dumped and did the deed on the same day she was "taken". I think he panicked and just drove to think about what he was going to do to rid of evidence...hence the trip to TX. He quickly burned the truck in trying to destroy any evidence it contained. (Hopefully not.) Then called reporting it stolen to 1. place the blame on someone else 2. alibi and 3. recoop his loss through insurance. He even went as far as purchasing a replica truck. I think MS is someplace local....not many people would take a chance to drive that far with a deceased person in the vehicle. JMO and 2 cents.

jujube said:
all the BS about physics and it being impossible for the truck to have hit Mickey, I say case closed.
Sorry we posted at the same time or I was composing. There were definitely posts though that sadi to let the DWT truck as it had nothing to do with Mickey's disappearance except maybe as a witness. Yes, the person in the white truck was definitely a witness, unfortunately.
That is different than what you posted originally which I have included.
That is going to upset a few people because it is not at all what the physics conversation was about- not at all.
As for some thinking that the DWT was not involved in any way-that is another animal.

I am just trying to stop an argument before it happens because that really mischaracterized what people said.
Thanks for clarifying jujube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member