LA - Bella Fontenelle, 6, crammed into bucket left on bio mom's lawn, Hannah Landon, 43, arrested, Harahan, 26 Apr 2023

ifindedout

Reaction score
HARAHAN, La. (WVUE) - A Harahan woman is in custody Wednesday (April 26), accused of the gruesome murder of a 6-year-old girl whose body was crammed into a plastic bucket and left on her biological mother’s front lawn.

The horrifying discovery was made around 8:20 a.m. and triggered a frantic search for 43-year-old Hannah Landon by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office and Harahan Police. Landon -- who also uses the names Bunnak Lim and Bunnak Landon -- was described as the girlfriend of the young girl’s father.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Joe Lopinto said Landon was located around 2 p.m. at a local hospital and was arrested. Lopinto would not say why the woman was at a hospital, but said she would be booked with first-degree murder and obstruction of justice after she is discharged.

The victim was identified as Bella Fontenelle, a kindergarten student at St. Matthew the Apostle Catholic School in River Ridge. Jefferson Parish Coroner Dr. Gerry Cvitanovich said an autopsy determined the girl’s death was by homicide, and that the body exhibited “multiple injuries” that would be detailed at a later date.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Joseph Lopinto said the child was reported missing by her biological father. The father also reported his girlfriend missing to Harahan police around 7:30 a.m.

According to Lopinto, the father woke up at his home on Sedgefield Drive when he could only find his oldest child in the home. The oldest child was unharmed.

His daughter, Bella Fontenelle, and his girlfriend, who went by Hannah Landon or Bunnak Lim, were missing.

Police then responded to the biological mother's home on Donelon Drive.

That is where Lopinto said Harahan officers found Fontenelle's body in a 10-gallon bucket on the front lawn of the biological mother's home.

Shades of Letecia Stauch.

I think a lot of people who don't follow true crime would be truly gobsmacked by stories like this one. I follow true crime and I am absolutely speechless.

Who is Hannah Landon/Bunnak Lim? The darkness inside some people is terrifying.

A Harahan woman killed the 6-year-old daughter of her boyfriend, wedged the child's body into a 10-gallon bucket and then used a wagon to cart that bucket to the nearby residence of the girl's mother where it was discovered Wednesday morning, according to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office.

[snip]

"We believe Bella was killed at the father’s house (on Donelon Drive in Harahan) and then transported over to the mother’s house and then taken out of a wagon," Lopinto said.

[snip]

Bella's father walked into the Harahan Police Department at about 7:30 a.m. after he woke up to discover Landon and his youngest daughter were missing, Lopinto said.

Harahan police officers went to the family's home on Donelon Drive and opened a missing person investigation.

They also paid a visit to the home of Bella's biological mother, one street over on Sedgefield Drive, as part of that investigation, Lopinto said. That's where officers found the closed, 10-gallon chlorine bucket on the front lawn.

"When they opened up the bucket, they found the 6-year-old deceased inside that bucket," Lopinto said.

Authorities suspect Bella was killed some time Tuesday night.

[snip]

Sedgefield Drive resident Ken Livaudais' cameras recorded chilling video of a woman who can be seen pulling a wagon containing a white bucket at about 9:35 p.m. Tuesday. The woman is headed north on Sedgefield in the direction of Bella's mother's home.

Livaudais, 67, noted the almost casual way the woman walked down the street, as if walking with a pet.

"To know that she was pulling a little baby stuffed into a bucket makes you physically ill," Livaudais said.

[snip]

While authorities did not discuss any possible motives in the homicide, Jefferson Parish court records show that Landon had been accused of attacking Bella's mother during a confrontation at Riverside Country Club in Harahan on June 8, 2021.

[snip]

From your article

Battery complaint​

While authorities did not discuss any possible motives in the homicide, Jefferson Parish court records show that Landon had been accused of attacking Bella's mother during a confrontation at Riverside Country Club in Harahan on June 8, 2021.

Bella's mother called Harahan police and told officers that Landon tried to block another relative from hugging one of her daughters during a swim meet, court records said.

Landon allegedly slapped away the hand of Bella's mother, grabbed her hair and began attacking her until a bystander intervened, an incident report said.

It just gets worse every day.
Another most precious gift gone -- due to gruesome and inhuman treatment. Just who was the actual killer trying to hurt?
How absolutely awful and depraved.

Another little girl gets her wings, 'way too soon.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A bit about Harahan, LA - -
Harahan is a city in the U.S. state of Louisiana and suburb of New Orleans. The city of Harahan is located in Jefferson Parish; its population was 9,116 at the 2020 census. Wikipedia

WTH...what in the actual heck???? Ok, officially shocked here for the first time.
I wish I was shocked. I'm following the active trials of the killers of Gannon and Tylee/JJ right now. My first from the start case I followed here when I joined last year was Quinton.

If this develops the way I think it will, it has jealousy, spite and narcissism written all over it. Rage and hatred all enacted on the body of a young child to make her feel powerful, to make her feel like she won. Bella was never a person to her killer, she was an object she could destroy to inflict indescribable pain on her parents. She left that baby in a bucket on her mama's doorstep after she cut her to pieces and jammed her in there. Good luck to the defense in trying to claim that wasn't deliberate and malicious.

MOO

Last edited:
It just gets worse every day.
Another most precious gift gone -- due to gruesome and inhuman treatment. Just who was the actual killer trying to hurt?
How absolutely awful and depraved.

Another little girl gets her wings, 'way too soon.
A bit about Harahan, LA - -
Harahan is a city in the U.S. state of Louisiana and suburb of New Orleans. The city of Harahan is located in Jefferson Parish; its population was 9,116 at the 2020 census. Wikipedia
It looks like she hated the mother so she killed the daughter. :(

1682564899616.png

Screenshot I took from the WGNO-TV/ABC26/WNOL38 report:

Watching this is giving me reminders of Orsolya Gaal:

I feel sick.
How she is carrying that poor child like she's nothing. To her mother's door.

She is vile and evil. I guess maybe it's the fact that we have such ready communication that we're finding out about all these Medea characters (and there are male equivalents in ancient history, as well).

But I do not think, in modern times (from say 1700 onward), we've heard about so many heinous murders of small children. I have no explanation.

The "psychotic envy" theory that comes out of psychiatric research may be the best explanation we have - but such people are hard to identify in advance.

It looks like she hated the mother so she killed the daughter. :(

Indeed. But what kind of crazy is that? I feel as if psychiatric studies and sociology (and anthropology) have nothing to offer. I just know that this type of thing is rarely reported around the world. Mayhem due to warring parties, yes. But someone's girlfriend butchering their child and taunting the child's mother?

I don't have words.

IMO.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Joseph Lopinto said the child was reported missing by her biological father. The father also reported his girlfriend missing to Harahan police around 7:30 a.m.

According to Lopinto, the father woke up at his home on Sedgefield Drive when he could only find his oldest child in the home. The oldest child was unharmed.

His daughter, Bella Fontenelle, and his girlfriend, who went by Hannah Landon or Bunnak Lim, were missing.

Police then responded to the biological mother's home on Donelon Drive.

That is where Lopinto said Harahan officers found Fontenelle's body in a 10-gallon bucket on the front lawn of the biological mother's home.
As if things couldn't have been worse....Thank God Mom didn't find her daughter like that.

How did she do it all unnoticed? :( She killed the poor child at the house where the father and other sibling was (from what I understood), then left in the middle of the night and no one knew a thing until the next morning.

Last edited:
I’m angry that no one had the common sense to keep this “girlfriend” away from innocent children. She was clearly violent, irrational and dangerous. MOO
That's clear now. It may not have been clear before that she was a risk to the children, we don't know at this stage.

Having watched a bunch of Gannon's trial, I don't think anyone involved in the life of the killer could have predicted she would do what she did. Same with Tylee and JJ's killer, specifically the one on trial right now. People who kill children don't always look or sound or act like imminent threats, even when they are.

MOO

From your article

Battery complaint​

Bella's mother called Harahan police and told officers that Landon tried to block another relative from hugging one of her daughters during a swim meet, court records said.

Landon allegedly slapped away the hand of Bella's mother, grabbed her hair and began attacking her until a bystander intervened, an incident report said.

Landon was given a Harahan municipal summons for simple battery. No details were immediately available about the outcome of the case. But Landon filed for a temporary restraining order against Bella's mother because of the incident, Jefferson Parish court records show. ...

Judge Lee Faulkner of the 24th Judicial District Court denied a request on Aug. 5, 2021 to make the restraining order permanent following a hearing, court records said. ...

Neighbors and friends described Bella as an itty-bitty princess, a sweet little girl who was extremely friendly and could often be seen riding her bicycle to the nearby levee or playing with her 7-year-old sister.

Woman killed boyfriend’s 6-year-old daughter, left body in bucket at Harahan home: JPSO

[From the NOLA link I posted]

It appears the killer checked herself into a hospital after leaving Bella at her mother's home.

Why o why couldn't she have checked into a hospital prior to fatally wounding this itty bitty princess? The answer is: Nobody Knows.

I'm reminded of the beautiful model, Abby Choi, 28, in Hong Kong who was murdered by her ex-husband's family. They rented an apartment so they could cover it with plastic before dismembering her.
The court adjourned the case until May 8 to allow for further police investigation

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/27/asia/abby-choi-hong-kong-model-skull-found-intl-hnk/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back