GUILTY LA - Ex-NFL player Joe McKnight, 28, killed in road rage incident, Jefferson Parrish, 1 Dec 2016

This is so revolting, There are no words . And to see people justify the killing is even more horrendous. Merry Christmas.

where did you see people trying to justify the shooting ? on social media?

Normand said that if any bias exists in the case it would be in McKnight’s favor because “the gentleman who raised Joe McKnight” used to work as a deputy for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office.

“So this office and many other members that are sitting over here, they’re close to [McKnight’s] family,” Normand said. “The person that has more of a concern than anyone else is Mr. Gasser because he didn’t know this. He does now.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...has-yet-to-be-charged/?utm_term=.3222d0969525

The sheriff's office did note they will handle this appropriately. Possibly, they just want to make sure they have all of the facts before filing any charges, since one witness's statements were not corroborated by evidence. They have located some witnesses via FB and are interviewing them.

You aren't alone in this thinking.

It's not ok to kill someone because you're angry, and I don't like stand your ground laws. He could have left the scene, he was in a capable vehicle. Lock your doors and leave the scene. If McKnight had then pulled a gun out, ok fine. But he didn't. The man fired from inside a vehicle at an unarmed man he was angry at. Not justifiable, IMHO. I don't care what Louisiana's law is.
ITA. It's scary that someone in a fit of rage can shoot someone, even from a place of safety, and then claim it was justifiable because they felt threatened. With the SYG laws, if there are no witnesses and the victim doesn't survive, it would be difficult to disprove the shooter's story.

This is so revolting, There are no words . And to see people justify the killing is even more horrendous. Merry Christmas.

I am not justifying the shooting because I do not know what the shooters story is. But I am saying that the initial story, that the shooter waked over to the victims car, pulled him out, threw him on the ground and stood over him and shot him---total fabrication, imo.

I am not justifying the shooting because I do not know what the shooters story is. But I am saying that the initial story, that the shooter waked over to the victims car, pulled him out, threw him on the ground and stood over him and shot him---total fabrication, imo.
Fortunately, there were multiple witnesses, so LE will hopefully get to the truth. As noted in a previous post, LE does have a vested interest in this case, which means they won't just give the benefit of the doubt to the shooter/survivor, but I trust they will be impartial.

IMO, it just seems scary to me that where there are no witnesses, the aggressor would be given the benefit of the doubt. That is how Robert Durst got away with murdering his neighbor in TX, although he dismembered the body afterwards. Durst is also suspected of killing 2 other people, including his wife, so the man appears to be a psychopath yet he was protected by castle/SYG laws:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robert-durst-killed-neighbor-words/story?id=29689667
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...of-Robert-Durst-in-the-murder-of-Morris-Black

im certainly not "trying" to justify it either.

there is no way for anyone to justify this shooting or to say it was absolutely unjustified, we dont have enough information yet.

but what typically happens is people blur the difference between legally justified and what seems to be right or wrong to them.

i have made some arguments for how the legal justification for this situation may play out, based on the limited information. while also pointing out the ethical and moral concerns i potentially have.

people often misinterpret that.

Wow. That's quite a coincidence.

"The man who shot and killed Joe McKnight was cited a decade ago after a road rage incident in which he allegedly beat another man on the same intersection where he shot McKnight on Thursday, authorities said."

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/12/joe_mcknights_shooter_was_cite.html

very interesting...

***edit - this is from the article about the earlier incident***

[FONT=&amp]"The victim noticed a phone number listed on the truck to report unsafe driving and dialed the number. Gasser answered and told the victim he was driving the vehicle, according to JPSO.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"A verbal altercation began between the victim and Gasser," over the phone, JPSO said. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The victim then stopped to refuel at the gas station at Behrman Highway and Holmes Boulevard, according to JPSO.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"It was at that time Gasser, who had followed him into the station, confronted him and began to strike him with a closed fist several times," the press release said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Gasser then drove away from the station"[/FONT]

very interesting...

[FONT="]"The victim noticed a phone number listed on the truck to report unsafe driving and dialed the number. Gasser answered and told the victim he was driving the vehicle, according to JPSO.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]"A verbal altercation began between the victim and Gasser," over the phone, JPSO said. [/FONT]

[FONT="]The victim then stopped to refuel at the gas station at Behrman Highway and Holmes Boulevard, according to JPSO.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]"It was at that time Gasser, who had followed him into the station, confronted him and began to strike him with a closed fist several times," the press release said.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Gasser then drove away from the station"[/FONT]

Editing out irrelevant shtuff, thanks drjones!

hi tawny - those quotes are from the article about the incident years ago

hi tawny - those quotes are from the article about the incident years ago

OOPS! My apologies... but also... wow. This dude is a menace. Thanks for clearing that up for my dumb butt LOL

EXCLUSIVE: Driver who killed ex-NFL running back in 'road rage' attack is NOT a racist, he is a 'good person' his family say

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...attack-NOT-racist-good-person-family-say.html
Not everyone necessarily agrees, not even in his family.

Also from your link, Blondie:

Wanda Bua, 59, Gasser's former partner who had a daughter, Candice, with him, said that the killing was 'senseless'

[...]

Bua added that Candice is 'not doing good' and has a 'heavy burden' on her shoulders. Bua said: 'It's still her dad'.

[...]

Between he and his father they had at least 13 traffic tickets ranging from illegally going over private property to avoid a red light to not wearing a seatbelt.

The most serious incident was by Gasser and was 10 years ago at the exactly the same spot as the incident with McKnight.

Back in 2006 Gasser chased former policeman John Shilling then spat at him and tried to beat him up at a gas station. The charge of simple battery was not pursued by prosecutors.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...attack-NOT-racist-good-person-family-say.html

witness accounts contradict this. but this is the south im sure what he says goes.

the Sheriff believes he has proof that all the shots were fired from inside the car, i do not know that he is right but that is what he has stated.

listen, some ppl have anger management issues and shouldn't drive. a friend of mine had a man exit his vehicle and chuck a full bottle of water at her face through her open window w her son in the vehicle. ppl need t get a grip. its not that serious. he KILLED a guy over road rage. its unexcusable.

witness accounts contradict this. but this is the south im sure what he says goes.

Eyewitnesses in some of these shootings have proven to be wildly inaccurate or dishonest in a few cases. In Keith Scotts shooting, one 'witness' told totally fabricated version of events all over sm. And same thing happened in 3 of the California police involved shootings. 'Witnesses' would say the cops stood over a fallen victim and shot at close range, when facts would prove that it was impossible to have happened that way.

One recent example:

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/0...claims-keith-lamont-scott-executed-white-cop/

listen, some ppl have anger management issues and shouldn't drive. a friend of mine had a man exit his vehicle and chuck a full bottle of water at her face through her open window w her son in the vehicle. ppl need t get a grip. its not that serious. he KILLED a guy over road rage. its unexcusable.

I totally agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back