GUILTY LA - Ex-NFL player Joe McKnight, 28, killed in road rage incident, Jefferson Parrish, 1 Dec 2016

I'm withholding judgment and just hoping that somehow justice can prevail. Obviously I wasn't in that situation but I just can't see shooting someone for walking towards my car, angry or not. I probably would have tried to just get the hell out of there, even if it meant dinging a couple cars in the process.

I'm withholding judgment and just hoping that somehow justice can prevail. Obviously I wasn't in that situation but I just can't see shooting someone for walking towards my car, angry or not. I probably would have tried to just get the hell out of there, even if it meant dinging a couple cars in the process.

It's sad to me that some would prefer taking a life over filing an insurance claim.

It's sad to me that some would prefer taking a life over filing an insurance claim.

You're right, there are a lot of people out there who probably do think that way. It's a bit scary.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/us/new-orleans-nfl-player-joe-mcknight-shooting-indictment/index.html[/video]

(CNN)The Louisiana man who authorities say shot former NFL player Joe McKnight during a road-rage incident in December was indicted Thursday on a charge of second-degree murder.

Ronald Gasser, 54, has been in police custody since four days after the December 1 shooting.

The trial in a road-rage shooting that left former NFL football player Joe McKnight dead was set to begin with jury selection Tuesday in a New Orleans suburb.

Jury selection was set to begin in the courtroom of state District Judge Ellen Kovach. Gasser's attorneys have cast McKnight as the aggressor and are expected to argue Gasser shot in self-defense.

If convicted as charged, Gasser would face a mandatory sentence of life in prison.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/16/trial-set-to-begin-in-ex-nfl-players-road-rage-killing.html

How close was Joe McKnight when Ronald Gasser fired?

Jurors in Gasser's second-degree murder trial watched the second interview on Monday (Jan. 22) and heard from several witnesses who were at the intersection of Behrman Highway and Holmes Boulevard in Terrytown when the shooting occurred.

None of the witnesses actually saw McKnight get shot. They either looked just before or just after the shooting, when McKnight fell to the ground.

Testimony is expected to resume Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2018/01/how_close_was_joe_mcknight_whe.html

Attorneys for Ronald Gasser filed a motion Monday (March 26) asking the court to reconsider his 30-year sentence for the road rage shooting death of former NFL player Joe McKnight.

In addition to asking that the case record be turned over to the State Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal, Archer and Goetz asked to withdraw from the case and appoint the Louisiana Appellate Project as Gasser's counsel, court records said.

Ronald Gasser asks court to reconsider sentence in Joe McKnight killing

Alleged Joe McKnight killer gets new trial

The alleged killer of Joe McKnight was once convicted by a jury in a vote of 10-2. Thanks to a Supreme Court decision in April, split jury verdicts, such as the one handed down in this case, are no longer constitutional.

Gasser will not go free, but he will be able to present his case again to a new panel of 12 jurors. This time, however, if the jury cannot reach a unanimous conviction, the case will be a mistrial resulting in possibly another trial. It remains to be seen when the new trial will begin, but for now, Joe McKnight’s alleged killer is just that—alleged.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back