LA LA - Jacquelyn 'Daisy' Landry, 18, Lafayette, 23 May 2017 *Arrest*

wtf?? banishing is still a thing? like, "you're bad news here but if you go somewhere else it should be cool"?

I thought that was an odd statement. Maybe it has something to do with parole. Idk

A form of punishment imposed on an individual, usually by a country or state, in which the individual is forced to remainoutside of that country or state.
Although it is decidedly archaic in contemporary criminal justice systems, banishment enjoys continued existence andperiodic resurgence in application. Its use is hard for legal scholars to track, but banishment is still employed in at least ahandful of states, particularly in the South, as a viable alternative to incarceration.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/banishment

§30.1. Second degree murder
A. Second degree murder is the killing of a human being:
(1) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm; or
(2) When the offender is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of aggravated or first degree rape, forcible or second degree rape, aggravated arson, aggravated burglary, aggravated kidnapping, second degree kidnapping, aggravated escape, assault by drive-by shooting, armed robbery, first degree robbery, second degree robbery, simple robbery, cruelty to juveniles, second degree cruelty to juveniles, or terrorism, even though he has no intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm.
(3) When the offender unlawfully distributes or dispenses a controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedules I through V of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law, or any combination thereof, which is the direct cause of the death of the recipient who ingested or consumed the controlled dangerous substance.
(4) When the offender unlawfully distributes or dispenses a controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedules I through V of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law, or any combination thereof, to another who subsequently distributes or dispenses such controlled dangerous substance which is the direct cause of the death of the person who ingested or consumed the controlled dangerous substance.
B. Whoever commits the crime of second degree murder shall be punished by life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence.
https://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78398

How can one be charged with murder and no body is found?

St. Martin Parish attorney Chester Cedars said, "For an individual to be arrested for a homicide even though there is no body, a judge would have had to be convinced that more probably than not there was, based upon what was presented to that judge, sufficient evidence that that individual did in fact commit the homicide even though there is no body."

He added, "The first thing that a prosecutor would want to do if that prosecutor is bringing the case to trial is to discount any other explanation why the person has gone missing - no drugs, no boyfriend or girlfriend that they would elope with, no family problems. You just preclude all of that."

There are eerie similarities to the 2012 murder of Mickey Shunick.

When Brandon Lavergne was arrested, he was charged with murder. Mickey's body wasn't found for another month.

http://www.katc.com/story/35571850/how-can-one-be-charged-with-murder-and-no-body-is-found

there could be incriminating messages or someone confessed to a friend/relative/LE...

The guy arrested is friends with her boyfriend on FB. He's been arrested many times for drugs. Possibly a drug OD & he did something with her body?!

The guy arrested is friends with her boyfriend on FB. He's been arrested many times for drugs. Possibly a drug OD & he did something with her body?!

That seems like the most likely scenario. I hope she is found soon so the family can start to heal.

My guess the death may be drug-related. Are there a lot of abandoned properties in that area I wonder?

Here is his FB https://www.facebook.com/malik.davis.73

You can find JJ on his friend's list or vice versa, with comments on JJ's last few photos with Daisy being of interest. I am interested to see if there are more arrests.

I think there's another I can't link as I always do it wrong. But I searched on FB for news and someone has linked him to a report about arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search efforts will continue at Asbury United Methodist Church in Lafayette where a free team leader training is set for 10 a.m. Saturday morning to get volunteers up to speed. Everyone is invited to help.

Istre says the search will be methodical and he won't be cutting any corners. He's urging anyone willing to help to join forces.

http://www.katc.com/story/35580043/search-for-missing-lafayette-teen-continues-volunteers-needed

From Finding Daisy Lynn FB -

Texas Equusearch will start sending search groups today today at 8:00 am. If you are interested in volunteering or donating items, please sent me a message please. Thank you! Donations need: Water, Powerade, ice, food for searchers, printer paper, ink hp60, bug spray, bandaids and hydrogen peroxide.

I'm just reading about this awful outcome but glad to see the support/efforts being extended.
I am so sad for Daisy's family & loved ones. She looked like a lovely spirited girl.

jmo

Police expand search : http://www.katc.com/story/35582000/lpso-expanding-efforts-in-locating-missing-lafayette-teen

The Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office is continuing to follow leads in reference to the investigation surrounding missing teen Jacquelyn “Daisy” Landry. As part of the investigation, the sheriff’s office is working with various law enforcement agencies throughout the region in an effort to develop information regarding her whereabouts or the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. The sheriff’s office is continuing to ask for the public’s assistance in this case and are asking anyone who came into contact with Landry on the evening of Tuesday, May 23, or after, to please come forward. The sheriff’s office is also interested in hearing from anyone who came into contact with Malik Davis on the evening of Tuesday, May 23 until the time of his arrest at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31.

How can one be charged with murder and no body is found?

St. Martin Parish attorney Chester Cedars said, "For an individual to be arrested for a homicide even though there is no body, a judge would have had to be convinced that more probably than not there was, based upon what was presented to that judge, sufficient evidence that that individual did in fact commit the homicide even though there is no body."

He added, "The first thing that a prosecutor would want to do if that prosecutor is bringing the case to trial is to discount any other explanation why the person has gone missing - no drugs, no boyfriend or girlfriend that they would elope with, no family problems. You just preclude all of that."

There are eerie similarities to the 2012 murder of Mickey Shunick.

When Brandon Lavergne was arrested, he was charged with murder. Mickey's body wasn't found for another month.

http://www.katc.com/story/35571850/how-can-one-be-charged-with-murder-and-no-body-is-found

No Body Murder Cases
http://www.nobodymurdercases.com/

Mickey immediately came to my mind, too. It was just around this time of year, also, some time in May.

So he's her "ex boyfriend?" They dated for like two weeks? (modsnip) Sad....

So he's her "ex boyfriend?" They dated for like two weeks? (modsnip) Sad....
if I recall right on her fb it indicated they were in a relationship sometime early to mid April. But on his profile the in a relationship showed a later date that would be more like 2wks before she was last seen. not sure how/why it would show differently.

Ok this for sure sounds like an OD and dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back