LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

‘Angel' was taken away
Note: this is a 6 page news article. Lots of info

snippets:

Family members described Jori Lirette as a smart-aleck who enjoyed cherry lollipops, ice cream and chocolate-chip cookies.

Jeremiah Wright, 30, Lirette's live-in boyfriend and the father of their child

Jori loved his father "more than anything ... and he still killed him. He killed my baby," said Lirette, 27.

Friends and family of Lirette and Wright said Wright was mentally instable and had told people he was "hearing voices." Those problems may have gone untreated, those close to the family said.

For most of Jori's short life, he was confined to a wheelchair. His motor function was limited and forming words was especially difficult. Family said he became very good at getting people's attention though, be it by pulling on someone's arm or banging on a cabinet.

Jori's mother said the boy had been improving over the past two years. Doctors visits were spaced farther apart, and he was able to form words and communicate.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110815/ARTICLES/110819715/1026/sitemaps05?p=2&tc=pg

In this article, an acquaintance of Wright's totally trashes the mom, too! Absolutely uncalled for... as if leaving the child with an UNEMPLOYED Wright was any kind of excuse for what he did!

Is the world going crazy?

This poor child and every other person that is a victim of violence. Every day the news gets worse.

The whole act, of course, is an atrocity, but the part that puts this over the top caught me eye while reading the AP story:

leaving the boy's head near the street so the child's mother would see it

When Jori was born, doctors didn't offer a lot of hope that he would live.

The 14-ounce baby arrived three months early
and stayed at Ochsner Hospital in New Orleans for a year.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110815/ARTICLES/110819715/1026/sitemaps05?p=2&tc=pg&tc=ar

*Yes that is possible, but it could also be that they left off the 1lb before the 14 ounce.*

jori4.jpg

jori9.jpg

jori3.jpg

jori7.jpg

The death penalty is too good for this monster....

Where do people go when even hell is just too good for them? Where ever it is, that's exactly where I hope this monster goes, because hell is indeed just too danm good for him.

* WARNING - GRAPHIC *

a killing that brought seasoned police officers to tears, authorities said Monday.

Jeremiah Lee Wright, 30, of Thibodaux has confessed to killing Jori Lirette

snip

Silverii said the motive was unclear, though Wright told police "that he'd gotten to the point where he was tired of taking care" of the boy, who had cerebral palsy and heart problems, needed a feeding tube and was in a wheelchair.

"He said when he put his head out by the side of the road it was so the mother would see it when she came by," Silverii said. He said Wright's only explanation for doing so was "just that he wanted her to feel stupid when she saw the head."

The police chief said Jori's feet and one hand also were cut off, recovered with the body in several white plastic garbage bags.

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/...-old-boy-found-in/0_1ww5e4I0qILw6Kbd_5SA.cspx

More from above article:

When she identified herself, Silverii had Ross, who had been her minister for 12 years and remains a lay pastor, and a captain tell her what had happened to her son, a second-grade student at South Thibodaux Elementary School.

"These are experienced men. They came out of there in tears. Just absolutely in tears," Silverii said.

snip

Silverii said the boy apparently was decapitated over the kitchen sink, which was sent to the Louisiana State Police crime lab along with a box of tools found nearby. An autopsy taking place Monday in Jefferson Parish would identify when the child died and what was used to decapitate and dismember the boy, Silverii said.

Press conference right now. I can't find a live link. Following on Twitter.

ETA: I'll add new tweets as they come up to the bottom of this post.

=======================================================

ChrisNakamoto Chris Nakamoto
Blunt force trauma and decapitation the source of Lirette's death. @WBRZ
3 minutes ago

NewsCarolyn Carolyn Scofield
Thibodaux Police holding press conference regarding murder of Jori Lirette, 7. yfrog.com/gz685ddj
4 minutes ago

Work tools were used to carry out the murder. Chief says it is a true tragedy @WBRZ.
28 seconds ago
»

Chief says Wright was stoic as he was being questioned @WBRZ.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Jefferson Parish Coroner ruled Jori Lirette died of blunt force trauma to head, decapitation, dismemberment.
1 minute ago
»

Thibodaux Police Chief Scott Silverii says Jeremiah Wright confessed to killing his son, says he was stoic, emotionless.
2 minutes ago

Police say Wright was standing on the front porch when officers arrived. He reportedly told officers the head was a CPR dummy.
17 seconds ago

Police say Wright told them he placed the head of Jori Lirette on side of the road. It looked like he'd made an effort to clean crime scene.
5 seconds ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Jefferson Parish Coroner ruled Jori Lirette died of blunt force trauma to head, decapitation, dismemberment.

Chief says there were no warning signs that could have prevented this @WBRZ.
11 seconds ago

Chief says Wright deliberately placed the 7 year old's head near sidewalk, not in plastic bag with the rest of his body in trash can @WBRZ.
1 minute ago

Lafourche Parish Schools Superintendent Joann Matthews talking about the grief counselors at schools today. yfrog.com/kftratj
1 minute ago

School principal speaking now. Said the 7 year old will be missed. Grief counselors available at school @WBRZ.
17 seconds ago

katiecmoore Katie Moore
by WWLTV
School principal: even though Jori couldn't express his thoughts with words, he did with his smile
1 minute ago

WWLTV WWL-TV
Mother of Jori Lirette to speak at press conference now. bit.ly/nl8ug8
17 seconds ago

katiecmoore Katie Moore
by WWLTV
7 year old died of blunt force trauma to the head and dismemberment. Don't know whether died before dismemberment
12 minutes ago

katiecmoore Katie Moore
by WWLTV
Thibodaux police: wright initially said son's head was a CPR dummy
14 minutes ago

WWLTV WWL-TV
Thibodaux Police comment on young boy's decapitation and dismemberment at 2 p.m. Watch on our website: bit.ly/nl8ug8
25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Was he the child's father or just the boyfriend? I'm confused. Regardless, he deserves and will get the death penalty. Gotta love that about Louisiana. You kill a child, you will die for it.

Amen!!!

We have tough laws on those who abuse and murder children.

I can see this guy on death row at Angola VERY SOON!

katiecmoore Katie Moore
Jesslyn lirette: Jori was the best thing that happened in my life
48 seconds ago

"He will be missed sadly and deeply. He was my star," said Lirettet's mom. @WBRZ

Mom said son was a very important person in her life and the best thing that has ever happened to her @WBRZ. lockerz.com/s/129955850
1 minute ago

Victims mother about to address media @WBRZ.
2 minutes ago

katiecmoore Katie Moore
Jesslyn Lirette: he was my star.
37 seconds ago

katiecmoore Katie Moore
by WWLTV
School principal: even though Jori couldn't express his thoughts with words, he did with his smile
4 minutes ago

TraversMackel Travers Mackel
Jesslyn Lirette: "Jori was my star." Gripping interview. More at 4,5,6.
38 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Jesslyn Lirette says "he was my star...if I could go back and change yesterday, I would."
1 minute ago

"If I could go back yesterday and change it, I would," she said @WBRZ
2 minutes ago

Jesslyn Lirette, says of Jori "he was very important person in my life, maybe bestest thing that ever happened to me." yfrog.com/h4pbilnj
31 seconds ago

I'd been praying and praying and praying that he killed him first. This is devastating.

I'm so, so sorry, Jori. Rest peacefully now, sweetheart.

OMG! I can't even find words!
He is with the Angels now.
God bless his sweet soul.

"At this time we've encountered nothing that leads us to believe he's an emotionally-disturbed person," Silverii said. :waitasec:

http://www.wbrz.com/news/mother-says-murdered-boy-was-her-bright-star-/

Hey Mods-
Can we change the title to spell his name with an i? It appears that is how it is spelled.
It also appears that it was initially reported this guy was just the mother's boyfriend... he is actually the boy's father.
Can we change that as well?

LA - 7 year old Jori Lirette Decapitated by his "father"

http://www.wwl.com/Detective--Man-beheaded-his-own-son/10632843

Cops say they have now determined that the man who allegedly committed the heinous crime was more than the mother's live in boyfriend.

"Actually he was the biological father,"
Thibodaux Police Detective Ricky Ross said.

Audio of Jori's mom at the press conference today:

http://www.wwl.com/AUDIO--Mother-of-decapitated-child-speaks-out/10634466

Police Chief Scott Silverii says the autopsy performed today showed the child was beaten and beheaded, but it's not clear is which order.

"We're waiting for the final report from the coroners office (as to) exactly the chronology of when the blunt force occurred versus the death."

Silverii says the motive is unclear, though Wright told police he was tired of taking care of the boy, who had heart problems and needed a feeding tube.

RIP Jori.

I hope your father gets what he deserves for taking you from this world the way that he did.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back