LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM
Try this:

NewsNation has a wide variation in reliability. I am familiar with Brian Entin's work, but I take issue with Banfield's commentary in her videos on Lacey's murder:

"It's hard to believe how church going, affluent parents with such a nice house could have allowed this to happen for over a decade."

Why is this hard to believe? Why is she perpetuating the myth that only low-income heathens are abusers? This is not true.

We know most pedophiles are church-attending, married men. It's part of their ruse to appear harmless.

Please consider becoming a verified professional on Websleuths! That will allow you to post info you know as a criminologist without having to post a link to mainstream media (MSM).

Oh sweet! I will do!:)

14 ???
That is what I seem to remember.
She was supposed to be "home schooled" :rolleyes:

JMO
That’s really young then.
If she wasn’t seen at that age out and about that should raise some questions from people around.

Isn’t home schooling supervised by any institutions? Who protects and checks on children who are pulled from schools to be home schooled?
If one can just pull a child from school nobody really knows or sees what happens behind closed doors. I can’t wrap my head around how nobody checked on Lacey all the years.

I don’t know how home schooling works as where I live it is illegal to do so. So Im genuinely asking. Of course majority of parents wants good for the kids and home school them properly but I do wonder about the parents who pull kids off school to hide abuse.

20 March Court Date for Both Parents DefendnantS

News Nation:

WAFB TV-9:

Last edited:
That’s really young then.
If she wasn’t seen at that age out and about that should raise some questions from people around.

Isn’t home schooling supervised by any institutions? Who protects and checks on children who are pulled from schools to be home schooled?
If one can just pull a child from school nobody really knows or sees what happens behind closed doors. I can’t wrap my head around how nobody checked on Lacey all the years.

I don’t know how home schooling works as where I live it is illegal to do so. So Im genuinely asking. Of course majority of parents wants good for the kids and home school them properly but I do wonder about the parents who pull kids off school to hide abuse.

Rules vary by state. I believe that Louisiana has two options, and only one has any oversight. In general, homeschoolers enjoy a lot of freedom - my state has zero oversight. I started at age 5 (compulsory education is age 6) and, theoretically, no one would notice that my child disappeared because there is no supervision. The pediatrician would call for a missed annual check-up, but no one would follow-up if I told the pediatrician that we moved or switched providers.

The vast majority of homeschoolers want the best for their kids, and most of those are capable of providing a solid education. Some parents homeschool because the public/private school environment was hostile to a child with special needs. And a few “homeschoolers” are committing educational neglect or preventing a child from being around mandated reporters.

The (Christian) homeschool lobby is pretty strong and, traditionally, attempts to legislate oversight are met with significant opposition from a vocal minority. This opposition tends to frame it in terms of the free exercise of religion.

There are efforts to increase oversight, mostly driven by adults who were homeschooled. Homeschooling is increasingly popular, especially among those who homeschool for non-religious reasons. My suspicion is that there will be slightly more kids oversight in some states, but not for at least a decade. JMO.

I seem to remember that Lacey was pulled out of school before she was assigned to have psychological tests.

And also, it was time to change into high school.

I'm not very well versed in American Educational System as I live in European country and we have different rules concerning Education.

But hey,
didn't we discuss all these matters already VERY extensively? ;)

Where are you @RaspberryMama ????

I miss your posts :)

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors