LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true Megsy. The police have reported there are two trucks.

http://findmickeynow.com/

For clarification purposes, I will be referring to the four pictures posted on 5/26 as pictures 1-4 as they are numbered. I will refer to the three pictures posted on 5/25 as 5, 6, and 7 in the order they are shown.

The truck in pictures 1 and 6 is the same truck. Picture #6 was taken at the circle k shortly after Mickey passed. Picture #1 was taken shortly after picture #6 after the truck turned onto University Ave heading west/north. The police have said they believe this truck is a GMC.

The truck in picture 2 is a stand-alone picture. This is the only image of it we have seen. The police have said they believe this is a Chevy Z71.

The car in pictures 3 and 4 is the same car. Picture 3 is taken when the car is heading south/east on University Ave approaching the circle k. Picture 4 is taken on St. Landry street in the direction Mickey and the truck from picture 2 were seen heading. The police have said this car has body damage on the right rear quarter-panel and they think its an 80s-90s GM model. A posted here, Chicken Fried, believes this car is a late 70s-early 80s Oldsmobile.

Mickey is seen in pictures 5 and 7, with picture 5 being the last time she was seen on camera.

Since these images aren't time-stamped, we can't make any additional assertions on their order. I'd guess that the circle k photos go Mickey (picture #5), truck traveling her direction (picture #2), and lastly truck in left turning lane (picture #6). I assume this because its noted the truck traveling her direction was behind her, and there is an additional car in the gas station in picture #6 with someone who seems to be going inside, likely to pay.

<modsnip>.

I want you to make absolutely certain that those two white trucks are the same make and model before I label these pictures and post them.

The truck in pictures 1 and 6 is the same truck. Picture #6 was taken at the circle k shortly after Mickey passed. Picture #1 was taken shortly after picture #6 after the truck turned onto University Ave heading west/north. The police have said they believe this truck is a GMC.

Hey Chicken Fried, actually got enough sleep last night for a change because I forced myself to get off the laptop and go to bed at 10. It was at the RaceTrac on Evangeline Thruway. I think people are getting them from Facebook and printing/posting them on their own since the volunteers have been told not to donate supplies to the official search. And it really is ALL over Facebook! Only 1 person shared the one I posted on my own wall, but I've seen quite a few of my friends share from other sources. Not sure who was the first one to put it up there but kudos to them.

there has to be more footage from cameras that they aren't informing the public with. it blows my mind that nothing has come from the I10 cameras. whoever did this was on I10 heading toward whiskey bay. they most likely took louisiana avenue to get up on I10. surely they have cameras there. there's a target etc. on that road.

San Diego had a CHP officer who murdered at least one young woman, by making her pull off down under an off-ramp...it happens. Bad, damaged people go into all kinds of careers...they are not always caught by the psychological tests done nowadays. Anyway it is just another theory, no pointing of fingers here.

Agreed. Or they went thru the hiring process before the psychological testing was put into place. Which really is too bad. Only takes one bad seed. jmo jme

Also, I really only read and might only post to vent anger over all the monsters in this world but I have to say I know in my heart Mickey knows how UNREAL and INCREDIBLE each and every one of you all have been on her behalf. Truly amazing these Mickey threads. My only wish is that all the team work here would bring back a healthy happy Mickey. :(

You guys really do rock!!

I've wondered if Mickey had better chances being in an urban area with houses etc... but when I saw the video done by Bayou Becky the area looked allot more lonely... (early on some locals who posted gave me the impression that there lots of young people biking all hours, but looking at the cam photos, the area seems very spooky/empty..).

The area she was in would have been busier had this happened before the semester ended. But the traffic in this part of her route drops off significantly during semester breaks.

She actually told me she was going to "share it with the social media group" which is the team heading up both the website, the Find Mickey event page, and the Find Mickey Shunick Now community/group on FB. However, I've checked several times and they haven't. I posted it personally, but my posting it does not get it on every member's newsfeed. If THEY post it, that will ensure all members see it ON their newsfeed (I know, I know, since you don't "do" Facebook this is all probably gibberish to you anyway). But, hopefully they will get to it soon and we'll have even more eyes on it.

Well, they likely are trying to decide how good our ID is, and maybe are consulting the police about before putting it up. I don't blame them.

1. Either the police are PURPOSELY withholding ID of the car, or disagree with the ID. If it's the former, well that's their call. But if so, I don't understand the value of purposely misleading the public, maybe so as not to spook the suspect. Seems to me if that were so they would never have released the photos of the car. Plus, Cpl. Mouton said that the public would be the one finding the car...... sooo..... if they want public help, why not make it as easy as possible to find the car.

2. If they just disagree with the ID, they need to call me and go over it point by point, using the contact info I gave, because it's been 2 days since I called with the ID, and if they want a solid ID on the car, they need to come up with a car that matches better. I have been unable to do so myself.

In summary, if the delay in properly ID-ing the car is purposeful and they AGREE with the ID, then that's their call.

But if they disagree with the ID as an Olds 98, and the ID is correct, then I have a problem with their preventing a proper ID being spread to the public. Bottom line, seems to me the police owe the public a better description than "'80s-'90s GM." That hugely increases the number of possible cars, and make the public's "job," given them by Cpl. Mouton yesterday at the presser, that much harder and slower.... all the while as time ticks by.

i'm not familiar with investigations, but the police are checking into this stuff, right? cameras en route whiskey bay? i'm a little disappointed that someone posted earlier that the circle K clerk said YESTERDAY that the police was in there looking at more footage. YESTERDAY?? that should have been last week!! maybe i'm jumping to conclusions. i don't want to rag on LE too much. hopefully they were looking at the footage AGAIN for the 10th time rather than the first.

BTW, I don't see how 1 and 6 could be the same truck. The gas tank cover/cap is not discolored in #1 as it is in #6.

do not get "caught up" on small details... explore them, but don,t get stuck on them...

all the trucks and cars could be everything... or nothing at all.
the pics show ONLY this fact... she was seen on camera at two locations
everything else seen in the pics is speculation.

it could be that the fbi has people searching for a white truck to misdirect a possible suspect that drives something other than this "white truck"...

keep your mind open to ALL possibilities and explore them in detail, "especially" if they are in a different direction EVERYBODY ELSE is going

this is my opinion

peace

there has to be more footage from cameras that they aren't informing the public with. it blows my mind that nothing has come from the I10 cameras. whoever did this was on I10 heading toward whiskey bay. they most likely took louisiana avenue to get up on I10. surely they have cameras there. there's a target etc. on that road.

There are plenty of opportunities for the truck to be caught on camera on University/I-10...if they can pinpoint exactly what truck they're looking for. There's a red light camera on Madeline/University as well as I-10/University, not to mention cameras from the weigh station on I-10. But with as many white trucks as this area has, it's like finding a needle in a haystack, even when you're looking at footage from 2-3 am.

I would think it's not likely at all that they took Louisiana Ave. to get to I-10...it would be much more direct to go down University to I-10, or even take Congress to the Thruway to hop on to I-10.

I keep staring at all the truck pictures. I'm honestly confused. Has LE said that pics #1 and #6 are the same truck? My understanding was that #1 was one truck and #s 2 and 6 were another, but I admit that I could be wrong. I am a stickler for accuracy so I would never want to point anyone in the wrong direction.

It's much further than a block from her house...a block from her house would be a Wal-Mart or an Elementary school, just to clear up any confusion.

I doubt that she made it far enough to run into any trouble from anyone in the area where she actually lived--LE said yesterday in the press conference that she had not been spotted on any surveillance cameras aside from the ones she was shown at. Considering the number of traffic cameras and business cameras along her alleged route, she had to go missing somewhere in the St. Landry Street area (whether it be on St. Landry itself or one of the adjoining roads) before making it on to a major road.

Let me get this straight on a map, she went missing after the Circle K, and on Landry.

Attachments

• lastcamcapture.jpg
    lastcamcapture.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 28

I believe those cameras are just to observe traffic conditions for the DOT and dont actually record. Even if they did, all you can see are headlights and tail lights at night

The area she was in would have been busier had this happened before the semester ended. But the traffic in this part of her route drops off significantly during semester breaks.

In the press conference video from yesterday (May 29th) at 5:55 (of 14:49 minutes) Cpl. Mouton says:

"We are now centered around the last sighting of Mickey which is OFF of St. Landry, in that particular area..."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9A5PVGhvBQ"]Mickey Shunick: Lafayette Police Press Conference 5/29/12 - YouTube[/ame]

The problem is, those photos should have been at least labled, that is what is confusing everyone. Now that I have your explaination of them, I'll attempt to label them, thank you for posting and welcome.

Very true. Thats why I felt it prudent to clarify what the police have said from the beginning.

I think Megsy WAS explaining how there were 2 trucks. And we do have time stamps, somewhere.

Yes, two trucks, but the same truck isn't traveling both ways at circle k. That is a key detail, because if that were the same truck it'd be extremely suspicious.

Sorry, my post was poorly worded. I meant the first picture was one truck. And the next two pictures were another truck.

Again, I just think its a key point that based on what police have said, the trucks at circle k going opposite directions are two different trucks.

BTW, I don't see how 1 and 6 could be the same truck. The gas tank cover/cap is not discolored in #1 as it is in #6.

I want you to make absolutely certain that those two white trucks are the same make and model before I label these pictures and post them.

I'm no expert, but I'll defer to the FBI. I think its key we discuss the evidence based on what we've been told and work from there. Too much speculation or misinformation just leads to confusion. Keep in mind that these are poor quality photos and experts in law enforcement have stated what I presented.

Let me get this straight on a map, she went missing after the Circle K, and on Landry.

Yes, she went missing after the Circle K on St. Landry. Her normal route would be to take St. Landry down to Coliseum and then hop onto the bike path parallel to Cajundome Blvd. If, for some reason, she detoured from her route before going missing, she would have likely turned on to Brashears or cut through the LCG parking lot to Azalea. But had she made it out of the area, she would have been caught on camera later--I am 99.9% certain that the Cajundome has some sort of survelliance cameras and that would have been on Cajundome Blvd. if she got out of the neighborhood. If she stayed on St. Landry, she would have been caught on camera, and wasn't, so either she cut off of St. Landry or she went missing right after she was caught on camera in front of Circle K.

There are plenty of opportunities for the truck to be caught on camera on University/I-10...if they can pinpoint exactly what truck they're looking for. There's a red light camera on Madeline/University as well as I-10/University, not to mention cameras from the weigh station on I-10. But with as many white trucks as this area has, it's like finding a needle in a haystack, even when you're looking at footage from 2-3 am.

I would think it's not likely at all that they took Louisiana Ave. to get to I-10...it would be much more direct to go down University to I-10, or even take Congress to the Thruway to hop on to I-10.
I agree about Louisiana Avenue not being the route taken, assuming she went missing on St. Landry. Much less traffic lights if they take University directly to I-10.

In the press conference video from yesterday (May 29th) at 5:55 (of 14:49 minutes) Cpl. Mouton says:

"We are now centered around the last sighting of Mickey which is OFF of St. Landry, in that particular area..."

Mickey Shunick: Lafayette Police Press Conference 5/29/12 - YouTube

Which really tells us very little, lol, she had to make a turn somewhere on Landry to get to Johnson, the question is, where on route riding along on Landry, did she make a turn, and what cams could have caught her making that turn.

i'm not familiar with investigations, but the police are checking into this stuff, right? cameras en route whiskey bay? i'm a little disappointed that someone posted earlier that the circle K clerk said YESTERDAY that the police was in there looking at more footage. YESTERDAY?? that should have been last week!! maybe i'm jumping to conclusions. i don't want to rag on LE too much. hopefully they were looking at the footage AGAIN for the 10th time rather than the first.

This is pure speculation but I'm thinking the police were possibly looking at footage since Mickey disappeared to establish if this 'white truck' uses this route on a regular basis or stops at circle K to buy gas regularly.

JMO

wm

I believe those cameras are just to observe traffic conditions for the DOT and dont actually record. Even if they did, all you can see are headlights and tail lights at night

good point. i guess i'm thinking like the tv writers do on Castle etc. "zone in on that license plate" then there you go, they've got a few plates numbers and they find a suspect. if only the tools on Castle were the tools in the real world

I'm no expert, but I'll defer to the FBI. I think its key we discuss the evidence based on what we've been told and work from there. Too much speculation or misinformation just leads to confusion. Keep in mind that these are poor quality photos and experts in law enforcement have stated what I presented.
LOP, where are they saying this? I am looking for it but can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhysiare