LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some posts since the beginning about how nothing could have happened in front of Circle K without someone seeing, so I wanted to post something that happened last night...

My boyfriend and I were at the gas station and it was really late, around midnight. He went inside and I was waiting in our truck, music up, playing Draw Something on my phone. After a few minutes I noticed a lot of flashing lights and looked up and around to see a commotion at the intersection. Turned out, a person was hit (luckily they were alright, and it wasn't a hit and run). But I did not notice ANYTHING until the very intrusive flashing lights showed up - probably minutes later. My boyfriend didn't notice anything while inside either, and there was no one at the station that seemed to take any notice until the cops showed up either.

With music, and all the apps on our phones these days, I think people, probably especially younger people, are just so distracted it is completely possible to miss something so obvious going on near by. I felt so guilty for not seeing what happened, and I immediately thought of Mickey.

Yep it can happen, and that's why I was so concerned about that picture of Mickey there, and the truck following her, but, I just couldn't see LE releasing a picture of that accident, no way. And to boot, she would have flown, not sucked under the truck. MOO

I apologize if this has been put to bed but as hard as I try to read every post my toddler keeps taking my phone and saying "no phone mommy, come play!" So I have missed some.

I do not believe that LE would release a photo showing an accident as has been pondered over. This leaves me with so much curiously over what is in the photo of Mickey that LE apparently has blurred out (sorry no link its the one with the speed limit sign). What are everyones thoughts? My guess would be figures but it seems such an odd blob.. Please let me know if I'm behind the curve and its been explained.

As always thank you for your tireless thought and dedication to our home town girl Mickey. Please let this be the day.

There really is no explanation of that white blob, except that they possibly had people walking there that they didn't want put out to the public, or a vehicle sitting there. But, even if that was the case, she still made it down to the Circle K without incident. Here's that picture.

Attachments

• mickey3.jpg
    mickey3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 2012-05-26_13-28-37_87.jpg
    2012-05-26_13-28-37_87.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 128
Yep it can happen, and that's why I was so concerned about that picture of Mickey there, and the truck following her, but, I just couldn't see LE releasing a picture of that accident, no way. And to boot, she would have flown, not sucked under the truck. MOO

This should have been dropped a week ago. She was never in, next to, or under the truck.

Speculate about the circumstances, the area, the trucks, etc., but don't just stare at a blurry picture and imagine things.

This should have been dropped a week ago. She was never in, next to, or under the truck.

Speculate about the circumstances, the area, the trucks, etc., but don't just stare at a blurry picture and imagine things.

Well, I said this yesterday, I refuse to even talk about the truck anymore, we need to figure out how Mickey got past that camera at 216 landry st.

IMO people are entitled to believe, see, or speculate about whatever they want (as long as it doesn't violate TOS). I personally don't rule anything out until it is ruled out by LE - publicly. While I no longer believe Mickey was under the truck, I do believe SOMETHING was, and I respect all those with other opinions on the matter as well.

The "ONLY" lettering is there, absolutely, in the Mickey pic. It straddles the asphalt/cement border. Look at it again. Don't you see it? What you're not accounting for is that the right end of the picture is quite stretched. I'm headstrong and make mistakes and sometimes get snippy with other posters, but I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact that my personal visit to the site and photos and statements about the flawless asphalt are still being questioned, after a three-day effort on this subject, when a cursory examination of the "Mickey" photo reveals the lettering in the identical spot as it is now. I took the initiative to drive up there and get these photos and then carefully examine them compared to the Mickey photo....

It's one thing to question me about things you can't see... but the photos are right there for comparison because I drove up there to try to end this highly improbable idea on Websleuths that the LPD actually released to the world a photo of Mickey Shunick getting squashed and then overlaid the evidence and the fresh turn-lane markings with fresh asphalt and then repainted the turn-lane markings to cover it up.

I thought I could prove things and eliminate this horrific idea of what would be a criminal cover-up, by being on scene with my personal camera and letting people carefully examine the photos.

From the previous thread and snipped...

Nobody questioned the new asphalt until you said something about the road being paved over a few days before. Most of us knew you meant a few days before Mickey went missing, but some thought you meant a few days before you went out to take the photos.

You didn't go out there to disprove the "truck ran over Mickey" angle. You said you were going out there to take photos to provide a huge bombshell theory that included maps and pictures and information that nobody had brought up here.

I appreciate your efforts, and am still interested in your theory. I know the markings are on the road in all of the pictures. I also know that the truck didn't run over Mickey right there in that spot. Other posters who believe otherwise... well, I'm not going to get all pissy with them for thinking that way because chicken_fried proved otherwise.

I'm really concerned with this timeline -

At approximately 1:47 am she's caught on camera on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street. She then traveled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48 am. It's not uncommon that she would ride her bike home late at night

There really is no explanation of that white blob, except that they possibly had people walking there that they didn't want put out to the public, or a vehicle sitting there. But, even if that was the case, she still made it down to the Circle K without incident. Here's that picture.

While I'm now convinced that there is no car being blurred or otherwise obscured by digital manipulation, I'm not even remotely convinced that this is simply some "natural distortion". I'd have to look at it with some professional software, and I don't have access to that at the moment.

Yep.

This has been a non-issue for me ever since I first stated that there would be laws of physics which would be defied to ridiculous extents, in order for what was purported to be depicted in that sequence to have actually occurred.

Add to that the boots-on-the-ground sleuth work of both chicken fried and ACI, and it just looks...well...silly. JMO and all that greasy kids stuff.

You'd be surprised what people don't notice.I was abducted near a mall on a busy road in broad daylight!

This reminds me of my own personal experience of being robbed in broad daylight at an ATM while two women were in line behind me. The robbers acted friendly, one on the left of me distracted me by handing me $10, saying it fell from my pocket, while his accomplice on my right side took my cash and card. The police even got photo evidence of the robbers but never traced them. I'm extra cautious as a result. When I turned to the women behind me, they said they saw nothing...thought I was friends with the two men!!!

While I'm now convinced that there is no car being blurred or otherwise obscured by digital manipulation, I'm not even remotely convinced that this is simply some "natural distortion". I'd have to look at it with some professional software, and I don't have access to that at the moment.

I just can't figure out how the tire looks the way it does, like it running over something on the street. There is nothing there to run over. Unless the tire is underinflated, but there is no pot hole there to make it look that way. It is confusing.

I'm really concerned with this timeline -

At approximately 1:47 am she's caught on camera on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street. She then traveled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48 am. It's not uncommon that she would ride her bike home late at night

Why? They're likely approximations made by police to show the sequence of events and basic timeline.

I just can't figure out how the tire looks the way it does, like it running over something on the street. There is nothing there to run over. Unless the tire is underinflated, but there is no pot hole there to make it look that way. It is confusing.

This makes me wonder if she got a flat tire! Perhaps a pure accident, or a trap set up for her? Mickey would then willingly accept a lift home.

Oh also, for those who weren't here last night, ACI went to the front of LCG City Hall building and sprayed luminol on the pavement where it looked like Mickey could have been hit and drug under the truck, and he said that there was nothing showing there, so that picture of her being hit there, that we had been talking about is now a dead issue.
Mamita-
No doubt chicken & aci are out fighting the good fight! The WT info made me feel like I was bleeding from my ears, so I put it aside to concentrate on your map. Does anyone know if the phrase "off of St Landry" could include before St Mary? If she made it to St Mary from Cherry, (I can't see how far down from the 2 med complexes are to see if they're before or after Cherry)
Do the two medical complexes on St Mary buildings have cameras?
Does Old Time grocery have cameras? What about BK, Brisbano, tattoo shop, the UL-L building?
Not wanting to second-guess LE, but when I asked about the grid the other day- does anyone know (aci or chicken, boots-on-the-ground) know if LE went door-to-door from University to St Landry, St Landry to Johnston w/ all those streets in between? As I think you said before- the posts would keep a vehicle out. Just wondering?

Why? They're likely approximations made by police to show the sequence of events and basic timeline.

Well, according to what LE says, it could be an hour difference, I don't have the link but it was said that the times were off on the cameras that caught the pictures. That doesn't make me feel any better, an hour in this case is a huge amount of time difference.

I'll never know cause I never reported it.I was 17 and didn't want my parents to know and was too afraid for fear of them finding out who I was and later and killing me.

THIS!!! Some people have been discounting the Tasha Patterson bike-truck pickup incident (http://www.katc.com/news/woman-says...d-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/) and wondering why she didn't report it until the MS case - I imagine she was in the same boat as tresptip OR didn't think she could report it because the guy didn't actually do anything to her.

Now someone PLEASE tell me what ever came of this? I never heard it mentioned again and it is still still still bothering me.

(Yes, I understand that everyone is after a Z71 now, not the Texas Edition GMC described in the article.... but still.)

MOO: This was a crime of opportunity. If it was at all premeditated, it was only decided very shortly before - like Tasha Patterson's incident. Somewhere AFTER the Circle K, MS was hit, resulting in 1 (or both) of 2 things:
- Her bike was damaged to the point that she could no longer ride it home
- She sustained internal injuries which wouldn't necessarily leave blood all over the road..
In addition to one/both of these factors, something about the perp(s) made her trust him/her/them enough to accept a ride.

Again, MOO.

Well, according to what LE says, it could be an hour difference, I don't have the link but it was said that the times were off on the cameras that caught the pictures. That doesn't make me feel any better, an hour in this case is a huge amount of time difference.

My understanding was that the broad, hour plus range of time was given to the indoor camera that was never identified and never confirmed to show Mickey.

I think the times on these photos are pretty accurate. They should be able to use the time stamp from the University Ave. cam and potentially the gas station to create a relative timeline of these close proximity pictures.

The post lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member