LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing off for the night with a heavy heart and a pit in my stomach. Sleuth on and sleep well all.

Anyone remember the case of the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker? He stalked his victims so well that he would break in a day or so before when no one was home and remove bullets from his future victims' guns so they couldn't be used against him.

It is because of him that I am constantly checking my weapon to be sure it is loaded and ready to go.

In my opinion, no.

There are too many runaways and homeless women available to traffickers. They don't need to hunt down one single college girl.

I just don't know much about the trafficking industry. I did watch a movie about it once, and there was a short thing at the end where they gave statistical info. I shuddered, wished I'd never watched it. But the reality is, we NEED to be aware of these things. If it's as big in Baton Rouge as they say it is, it could come to Lafayette in the near future and that is a very scary thought.

For comparison to Nursebeeme's map, on this map, "A" is where the torso washed ashore near Bay Oaks Dr in BSL. "B" is the Styx River area in AL where Brittney Wood was supposed to be visiting her uncle.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bay+Oaks+Drive,+Bay+St.+Louis,+MS&daddr=Styx+River,+Baldwin,+AL&hl=en&ll=30.221102,-87.857666&spn=1.207977,2.705383&sll=30.275672,-88.363037&sspn=1.207306,2.705383&geocode=FahIzgEdhKKs-iknnVLSsi2ciDH_q-T4IUj3pg%3BFaRV0wEdoUvH-iGQ7c_8Hlza2A&oq=river+styx&t=h&gl=us&mra=pr&z=9"]Bay Oaks Dr, Bay St Louis, MS 39520 to Styx River Shooting Center - Google Maps[/ame]

Telling someone their relative has been killed is a very hard thing to do. I can see why the PI gave a 50/50 chance of her being alive. He doesn't want to have to break that type of news to the family until he has a body so he is 100% sure.

Ok, so we have discriptions of two people, (or so we are told, and we have them possibly stalking Mickey on previous nights. They have got to have proof of that on video or they wouldn't know.

Wow :( I just logged back in to catch up on postings and I'm close to tears right now at the news about the torso on the beach. I'm lost for words right now, except to offer my prayers for whoever the girl is, and for her loved ones.

I just don't know much about the trafficking industry. I did watch a movie about it once, and there was a short thing at the end where they gave statistical info. I shuddered, wished I'd never watched it. But the reality is, we NEED to be aware of these things. If it's as big in Baton Rouge as they say it is, it could come to Lafayette in the near future and that is a very scary thought.

Both LSU and UL have student organizations that raise awareness about this very issue. A friend of mine started the one here at UL.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bay+st+louis+oil+fields&ll=30.316729,-89.306939&spn=0.014319,0.032809&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&hq=oil+fields&hnear=Bay+St+Louis,+Hancock,+Mississippi&t=h&fll=30.318285,-89.310436&fspn=0.014318,0.032809&z=16"]bay st louis oil fields - Google Maps[/ame]

I am thinking this bridge could play into it somehow (re: dumped off this bridge).. not sure of currents...

There was a torso found in Galveston in 1986 and one in Turner's Bayou in 1971. Neither have ever been identified. I cannot fathom how people can just go missing and no one ever reports it. How can there be so many people who go through life with no one who cares about them?

I always say that random crime doesn't worry me. I feel I always have the upper hand in that kind of situation because I'm always ready.

Being stalked is something else entirely. Someone watching you for days or weeks or months. They know everything about you, so they know when you are at your weakest and most vulnerable.

That is why it is so important to vary routines and routes.

I'm a stalkee. My stalker doesn't care about routine. He's very patient.

Yes, varying routines is generally excellent advice.

If I zig zagged my life to avoid my stalker, it be like the classic sniper line: If you run, you'll only die tired.

In some cases, these monsters cannot be avoided. They will go where they must.

I suppose I wouldn't want any woman reading this to think varying her routine will make her immune.

Eventually, you have to go home, go to work, get gas, grocery shop.

I'm not trying to discourage people from varying their routines

But please, please don't think that a dedicated stalker will find that in any way daunting.

I'm a stalkee. My stalker doesn't care about routine. He's very patient.

Yes, varying routines is generally excellent advice.

If I zig zagged my life to avoid my stalker, it be like the classic sniper line: If you run, you'll only die tired.

In some cases, these monsters cannot be avoided. They will go where they must.

I suppose I wouldn't want any woman reading this to think varying her routine will make her immune.

Eventually, you have to go home, go to work, get gas, grocery shop.

I'm not trying to discourage people from varying their routines

But please, please don't think that a dedicated stalker will find that in any way daunting.

Oh no, a stalker that knows you is much different than some random person who takes an interest in you because he sees you go into the same Starbucks every morning at 8 AM for coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11