LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
wondering that myself, Isabelle. Unless BSL disposed of her body in a location where the elements would have removed her discovery. Seems onstar would have provided her location. Unless of course he had associates or enablers that lent him a vehicle, and or assisted in the relocation of her remains..

Imo, BSL had associates..

Thanks for that Foxfire----IMO, also---in my limited experience, when all was said and done, at least 5 others knew where my family member was and what was happening to her. :banghead: I try to understand why people won't report such, and put myself in that position; however this child, precious Mickey, needs to be found and go home to her family!! That's just a fact! :twocents:

:please: Please, please if anyone knows even the smallest little tidbit of BSL's shenanigans, please report. What might seem as minute at the moment, may turn out to be the lead needed.

Praying for Mickey and her family always.

Respectfully, I am righteously angry over some terminology used by the media, that I think further degrades and diminishes the victims.

1. "the perp's victims" - Possessive form. Really?

2. When LE or investigators use the term "gentleman" to describe a criminal. Really?

Does anyone understand???

I'm not saying it has happened in this case.

The gentleman thing really ticks me off and in my opinion makes the speaker seem uneducated.

One thing that was sad to read, in one of Derrick Lee's possible victims, she was found after three weeks, in a wooded area, same time of the year as Mickey, and there were only a few bones left. So much more difficult to be found, the discovery was by chance, with some dogs playing in the woods behind a church.

That drugs may be involved, directly or indirectly.
It has been stated that he would be drug tested for work so he may not have been a user. But you never know.
Didn't one of the posters say they found a lot of empty packaging from bath salts around the area Mickey was last seen? It was quite a while back.

Didn't one of the posters say they found a lot of empty packaging from bath salts around the area Mickey was last seen? It was quite a while back.

It has crossed my mind several times that the reason BSL had to be so careful for someone not to find her body is that it would be tested for drugs....

I thought the author was his cousin, and the author's father was LE. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

According to the biography of the cousin as written on the internet, the author's father was L/E and his mother was a cafeteria worker. I am guessing that the author's father was BSL's adoptive father's brother. Now, if that is the case -- how many stepfathers has BSL had and what number is the bald guy working on the truck at BSL's house? Did he have an adoptive father and two stepfathers?

It has crossed my mind several times that the reason BSL had to be so careful for someone not to find her body is that it would be tested for drugs....

That is certainly not impossible, but I dont think drugs have to factor into this crime at all. Kinda unlikely in my opinion, because of how oil field workers are subjected to random drug testing. Wood Group was very aggressive with this testing, even the higher ups can and are tested.

I think Brandon has learned that if a body skeletonizes, MOST evidence disappears. His DNA, gone. Wounds that can be matched up with a weapon, gone. Cause of death, gone or hard to determine. Those are strong reasons to hide a body!

If what I've heard thru the grapevine is true (it is being rumored that he is a very very strong suspect in three other past disappearances) then he actually got pretty good at committing his crime and getting away with it.

I really believe that Mickey's fight for her life, combined with the incredible pro-active stance of her family, and the incredible Cajun community all combined to bring him down.

You guys are really missing out by not jumping over to the other threads. In depth discussions are going on about all o this stuff.

I hate to say this, but sadly, another sweet little child will go missing that will touch your heart. Now that you are introduced to websleuths you will want to follow that case. Many ws'ers follow several cases at one time. You will grow to appreciate all of the vast capabilities of this entire site.

I lurked on webleuth for years before finally registering because I wanted to see the scanner forum during the search of a local girl. Did you know that somebody listens to the police scanners and posts in real time in several cases and you can go back and read those threads?

Kudos to you for registering in the first place. Now take the training wheels off and look around. You will be very satisfied with what you find... Promise!

Excellent post WhatsupAZ and so true :woohoo:

Okay, Bessie (or anyone else who can help), here's how I access WS:

1) From my Android phone, I have one single bookmark to my user CP. From there, I choose from one of the threads I'm subscribed to. Do I have to subscribe to each subthread separately? I'd rather keep my bookmarks to a minimum.

2) From my Nook (which I share w/ the family), I log into WS and again go to my User CP for subscribed threads. I don't want to bookmark at all since the kids have access (and yes, I clear my browser history).

What's the best way to find the subthreads on these devices?
You can subscribe to the Mickey Shunick sub-forum. Go to this link and look for "Forum Tools" on the right above the sticky threads. Click on "Forum Tools" to see the option to "Subscribe to Forum". Now a direct link to the Mickey Shunick sub-forum will be in your User CP.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502"]Mickey Shunick - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

According to the biography of the cousin as written on the internet, the author's father was L/E and his mother was a cafeteria worker. I am guessing that the author's father was BSL's adoptive father's brother. Now, if that is the case -- how many stepfathers has BSL had and what number is the bald guy working on the truck at BSL's house? Did he have an adoptive father and two stepfathers?

BSL has an adoptive father who is still alive and a stepfather (mother's 2nd marriage) who died in 2009. Both named Lavergne. No one publicly in the know has gone into any detail about the bio father.

Around here I don't think Mickey's name will be forgotten for a long, long time, if ever :) She's had such an impact on our community.

i would give anything if, as a result of this whole situation, even one parole board or department of corrections psychiatrist would think twice before recommending the release of another predator like this back into a community...

It's really hard. There are White Guidrys in the area & Creole of color Guidrys there as well. I believe most of the Creole Guidrys live near the Bois de Mallet area. If you looked at Cajun geneology for th last 200 years, a migraine would come next. Followed by a brain collapse.

Yeppers. I am Creole. My last name is a common cajun last name but spelled differently than all the other people in Lafayette spell it. When I questioned my Dad, he said it was a mistake made by the Parish Priest years ago. Perplexed, I finally did some research. Instead of being Cajun, as I was told all these years I found out I am Creole. The amazing thing is that my Father's family firmly denies our Creole heritage, and instead embraces my Grandmother's German heritage. My Grandmother was German and African American and spoke fluent French. She was married off to my Grandfather who was Creole and they moved to another state. They both passed for Cajun "white" people and my Dad has red hair and blue eyes... so I became a Coon-*advertiser censored*, and remained one until I was forty. :)

So there ya go, a typical "Cajun" family history..

You can subscribe to the Mickey Shunick sub-forum. Go to this link and look for "Forum Tools" on the right above the sticky threads. Click on "Forum Tools" to see the option to "Subscribe to Forum". Now a direct link to the Mickey Shunick sub-forum will be in your User CP.

Mickey Shunick - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks, Bessie. I tried looking for that yesterday, but must have overlooked it.

Ms Cynthia made it a point to say BSL was adopted. Does anyone recall if she said
"I adopted" or "We adopted"? Maybe 'adopted dad' is really 'baby daddy'? All a birth mother needs to put on a birth certificate is her name.

As far as BSL having a nickname- he's given it to himself...
Bull S--t Lavergne.

Good point. I seem to recall her stating "I adopted".

BSL has an adoptive father who is still alive and a stepfather (mother's 2nd marriage) who died in 2009. Both named Lavergne. No one publicly in the know has gone into any detail about the bio father.
----------
So, let's cut to the chase, is the thought out there that someone was raped and as a result gave a baby up for adoption?

----------
So, let's cut to the chase, is the thought out there that someone was raped and as a result gave a baby up for adoption?
I had that thought. I also wondered if, as far fetched as it might seem, McDuff might have raped a woman, and BSL was the result.

----------

We have been discussing a similar theory on the resemblance sub forum.
No conclusions but interesting.

I had that thought. I also wondered if, as far fetched as it might seem, McDuff might have raped a woman, and BSL was the result.

Seems he was released in 1989, too late to conceive BL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCPstudy