LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there are several items at TB that are Vegan. Bean burrito with no cheese is a favorite....Also the seven layer with no Sour cream and no cheese...IMO

Yeah but, not everyone would be willing to eat at TB. I have a vegan friend who wouldn't even consider picking up fast food...I don't think it's just b/c she's worried her food might have touched someone else's order, but b/c she doesn't want to support any fast food establishments.

Okay, I think I've got the (very) basics down. Did B say if she was intoxicated at all after being out that night?

Mickey had been out partying the night before and was hung over this evening. BW and friends say she was not drinking.
JMO

Hun, just some strong advice. Sometimes even the best sleuther has to take a step back now and again. I am just worried about you. As far as counseling free in your area, I heard you mention your a student, please check with your school. I am willing to bet they have free counseling at this time. If you are feeling "freaked out" or "unsafe" follow your gut, do not do things when searching that make you feel this way., You don't want to rake yourself emotionally over the coals. There is no shame in taking a time out, for an hour, day or week. Just saying your input here from the safe confines of your home is helpful too. Don't feel the need to put yourself out there if its going to cause you emotional damages or pain, we at the websleuth community do care....

Yes, UL offers free counseling to students. I saw a counselor there once back in my college days. http://www.louisiana.edu/Student/Counseling/info.html

Thank you nutkin, been thinking about that. Do you know if there's any kind of license/certification involved to buy a taser?

I have a taser. I've been having it for about 5 years, and the only thing I had to do was register it on the website. We live in the same area, so unless something has changed, it's easy to buy. They were expensive when I bought mine ~$200, but like I said that was 5 years ago. Also, mine is made for women, I assume, it's purple. We almost had a close call a few years ago when my husband and I were still dating, because it kind of looks like a flashlight.

I believe they are. I think it was on NG last night where they were talking about using sonar (?) to search under the water.

Thanks, I heard that too. Seems it was mentioned that side sonar would do too well in the river because of murky water.

I am going to reiterate what I posted earlier and I believe to be te case: the news media posted the flyer before filming in order to add effect and context to what they were filming (a bunch of vehicles under a bridge).

slowlybutshelly and I are back from riding the route, starting at BW's house. I'm uploading the video to YouTube right now.

We did drive through the Azalea area, and while it looks like a very narrow area to bike/drive through, it also doesn't look like a particularly run down area. It's not a place I'd want to bike at night, though.

Video is 36% uploaded.... hopefully it'll move faster soon!

To protect the integrity of the investigation. To not tip a person of interest off that LE may have evidence against them. To protect the victim, and maybe to protect the victim's family.

Any or all of those a excellent reasons for withholding evidence from the public.

Silence & missinformation by LE in missing persons investigations only leads to innocent lives lost & mounting cold cases. The American public is analogous to a video camera across the landscape of the US.

AMW, is an excellent example of this valuable resource. Over 1200 fugitives captured & numerous missing persons thanks to tips from the viewers..

This is the 21st century; age of the internet/communications. To hold information close to the vest is an antiquated strategy and only hampers a successful outcome, IMO.

Actually there are several items at TB that are Vegan. Bean burrito with no cheese is a favorite....Also the seven layer with no Sour cream and no cheese...IMO

Ummm...there is nothing vegan at TB. Even the beans contain animal products.

My mom is a die hard vegan. Eating in restaurants with her is SO fun. :rolleyes:

So wait----there were no flyers there (Whiskey Bay) this past Friday but there was one Saturday when her bike was found? If that's what I hear you're saying, that's chilling...

That's right. We left at sunset. Not a flyer in sight!! I almost cried when I heard her bike was found there!!

I am going to reiterate what I posted earlier and I believe to be te case: the news media posted the flyer before filming in order to add effect and context to what they were filming (a bunch of vehicles under a bridge).
It is certainly possible. :waitasec:

IIRC, I've heard them say on the news that the fishermen that found the bike knew it was Mickey's because of fliers in the area, and that's what made it stand out from the trash that was around it?? Not saying you're wrong, just trying to make sense of things...

That's right. We left at sunset. Not a flyer in sight!! I almost cried when I heard her bike was found there!!
Paddle, I know you said it up thread but what day(s) did you search where the bike was found? Are you certain y'all searched the exact location? I'm wondering if this means the bike was dropped after a certain date.

IIRC, I've heard them say on the news that the fishermen that found the bike knew it was Mickey's because of fliers in the area, and that's what made it stand out from the trash that was around it?? Not saying you're wrong, just trying to make sense of things...
They could have meant the Acadiana area, not just at the boat launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173