LA LA - Nanette Watson Krentel, 49, found dead in house fire, Lacombe, 14 Jul 2017

Well parents kill their own children (think Josh Powell killing himself and his boys in a house fire). But as passionate as people make Nanette to have been, I can't imagine her wanting her animals to suffer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, we do not know (do we? sorry if it has been reported and I misspeaking) if her pets were shot, or died in the fire. And I am not sure that will help answer anything anyway... I just imagine, were I to decide to kill myself by shooting myself (after I set my house on fire?), I'd also shoot my dogs (quick and easy) rather than know they will perish painfully in flames.

I'll be surprised if this is ruled a suicide. Then again, a fire? Really? Too obvious? Or do what you're good at?

This situation just stinks and I don't blame her family for wanting another autopsy if it's ruled suicide.It just seems weird setting the fire and killing herself and the pets she loved.None of the people around her said anything about her being depressed.I have a bad feeling about this.

Of course, we do not know (do we? sorry if it has been reported and I misspeaking) if her pets were shot, or died in the fire. And I am not sure that will help answer anything anyway... I just imagine, were I to decide to kill myself by shooting myself (after I set my house on fire?), I'd also shoot my dogs (quick and easy) rather than know they will perish painfully in flames.

I'll be surprised if this is ruled a suicide. Then again, a fire? Really? Too obvious? Or do what you're good at?

I won't be surprised at all if they rule it a suicide. Just because that type of corrupt stuff happens all the time. His fire chief has certainly made it clear that they will do "everything" to "support" him. Sigh. I'm just feeling cynical.

I am so glad her family is taking steps to preserve evidence. It may not work but at least they're trying.

All that has been stated is they perished in the fire.

Of course, we do not know (do we? sorry if it has been reported and I misspeaking) if her pets were shot, or died in the fire.

Actually the petition seems to say the pets were shot as well: The petition offers details law enforcement agencies investigating the case have not previously acknowledged publicly, including that Krentel "had been shot in the head prior to the fire, along with her pets who were like her children, prior to the fire." - http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/nor...mbe-house-fire-wants-second-autopsy/466393198

Too odd that the coroner is making statements for the husband: St. Tammany Coroner Charles Preston told Eyewitness News in a statement that his office has cooperated with the family, but "this is still an on-going investigation, so we cannot release information. We also believe this legal action is unnecessary, since Steve Krentel has no objection to a second autopsy, and neither do we.”

I hope a second, independent autopsy is done and that it can be determined whether or not Nanette had soot/smoke in her lungs or not. That could be telling.

I hope a second, independent autopsy is done and that it can be determined whether or not Nanette had soot/smoke in her lungs or not. That could be telling.

Considering that she had a gunshot wound to the head, it's pretty unlikely she'll have any smoke inhalation injuries. She was dead before the fire started.

Considering that she had a gunshot wound to the head, it's pretty unlikely she'll have any smoke inhalation injuries. She was dead before the fire started.

Right, well that would prove she didn't start the fire herself then

On point!!

Case being discussed on Ashley Banfield right now..

All of these fires could easily be connected. The first two a set up to make it appear that a random arsonist is at work. I can not accept suicide here because it just does not work, she would not have killed the pets and for so many other reasons that just does not work. Curious unsolved fatal fires looking like suicide, a common thread that needs some serious investigation.

Plus she would have had to have intentionally concocted the plan to kill herself and the animals and make him the target of a murder investigation. Think about that, so many questions come to mind on just that one thought. Did anyone notice any psychological imbalance with her, were they having extreme marital difficulties, if so why not murder/suicide?? Just saying if she were upset enough to kill herself and her pets and make it look like he did it, I mean if I were going to make that kind of a statement I would do it 1000%, I would not leave the chance of him collecting my life insurance, think about it.

Plus she would have had to have intentionally concocted the plan to kill herself and the animals and make him the target of a murder investigation. Think about that, so many questions come to mind on just that one thought. Did anyone notice any psychological imbalance with her, were they having extreme marital difficulties, if so why not murder/suicide?? Just saying if she were upset enough to kill herself and her pets and make it look like he did it, I mean if I were going to make that kind of a statement I would do it 1000%, I would not leave the chance of him collecting my life insurance, think about it.

She exhibited no depression behaviors from what I understand. If she committed suicide, fine, but why torch the house? To get back at the husband for some unforeseen reason? Abuse? An Affair? She would have grounds for a divorce IMO and come out handsomely. Why they haven't reported that they located a gun is curious as well. The absence of one would certainly rule out homicide.

Considering she was in the fire, it would completely remove a great deal of evidence as well as any gun powder residue. If there wasn't a fire and no gun powder was found on her hand, would they still rule it a suicide?

Occam's Razor.

He shot her pets and her, started the fire and hoped the fire would eliminate evidence.

JMO.
This has been my suspicion all along. But, devil's advocate, through the course of his job wouldn't he also have plenty of experience with fires NOT destroying evidence of crimes? Like, that the fire was unlikely to completely obliterate the remains to the point that gunshot wounds are undetectable?

In the spirit of devil's advocate here reverse psychology could be at play regarding your question whiskers. You have to think like a narcissist/sociopath. Remember the "A" plan was probably for everyone to believe it was a tragic, accidental fire. Narcissistic mind has confidence that others will believe what it wants them to believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back