LA LA - New Orleans, WhtFem 32-45, UP848, in vacant lot, decayed teeth, scar, Feb'02

The one thing that sticks out to me...for what its worth, is UID description of having dyed hair with grey roots growing out.

34 is awfully young to be so grey that you'd see a streak of grey roots. And even if drugs prematurely age your physical appearance, I don't think they turn your hair grey.

My guess is the UID would have to be closer to 40 or older.

i have been greying since 23, by 34 i looked like cruella deville if i didnt dye my hair. its genetic. lucky me! lol. im 39 and by my roots i figure if i stopped dying id be completely piss colored grey!

I'm just thinking that for the grey roots to be mentioned that had to have been pretty bad.

And Irish Eyes do you REALLY have lots of grey or is it that you notice them and are then self conscious?

I'm quite a bit older than you and have almost no grey hair. And to make a stereotypical statement....the average guy would probably not notice any grey on me at all!

The reason why I have no problem with stereotypes in this forum is that the law of averages and stereotypes are the best bet.

Chances are, if you are 34, you do not have lots of grey hair....and chances are, if some guy was writing up a bodily description, he wouldn't focus on the roots if they weren't really grey.

Thats just my thought...

There are a couple unsettling things though..... The hair description is kinda odd....In one place it is listed as dyed red hair dyed blond or something silly like that.

The teeth description lists a number of "caries" which may be cavities? The poor wording and spelling of the hair and teeth descriptions make me think the work might not have been the highest quality (meaning accurate).

THe other odd thing is why would "exposure" ruin a body so much in less than a day?

And finally, don't coroners or whoever, take pictures of the deceased so there is a face? I thought I saw Namus list the UID as face recognizeable. Would make it easier.

dental caries are cavities. my sister is a dentist and that is what dentists call them.

Hi ebbie...good points!

Yes, my hair is very noticeably graying :(. I stopped dying it in 2009 when I was 33 because I was pregnant with my daughter and I wanted to avoid unneccesary chemicals in my body. If I had a dime for everyone at work and church who said "Wow, you've really got some gray hair!" - I'd be rich :) (And isn't that what every pregnant woman wants to hear?? :) ) But it runs in my family on my mom's side. Quite a few of my cousins and uncles grayed early.

My husband is 40 and has no grey hair at all.

The wording of that "dyed red dyed blond" description drove me crazy too. It made no sense. I know that caries is a legitimate word in dental parlance, but I'm embarrassed to admit I have no idea what it means. But I've seen it before on other UID's.

Someone else here, Carl, I think asked the same question about the exposure. We've seen many UID's in much colder locations for that period of time or longer where that didn't seem to be as much of an issue.

I think the coroners do always take pictures of the face. I just think they don't always release them, especially the ones that are harder to look at. I know in the county where I live, the NamUs profiles often have no photos, but what frustrates me is they usually don't even have a sketch or anything to work off of either. :(

maternal side here too, women go grey and men go BALD! o_O

maybe the dyed red dyed blond means that it is a red dye job w highlights.

Yes Jerri. It happens all the time with prostitution arrests especially before things were computerized. Gal gives fake name and if she has no ID on her that's all they use, probably making a note it could be an alias.

this is true, they fingerprint you on a livescan machine but for a minor arrest like loitering for pross, if jail is full they may cite youe ven if you give a fake address or arent local. later after release, the livescan will come back with all the alias's you have given. warrant would be issued later.

i have been to new orleans a few times at that time of year, it was quite warm and humid. im not sure how it was in 02, but isnt humidity and heat hard on a pm body?
The temperatures were mild on Feb 22-23, 40's to high 60's, low humidity. I posted the wunderground link in this post. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rdi-Gras-visitor-Feb-02&p=7400941#post7400941

If I had to guess, knowing the location where the body was found so close to the river, and the condition of that area in 2002, I'd say the body was attacked by scavengers, either stray dogs or large river rats.

JMO

The height's a bit off (5 ft 3 vs 5 ft 7)... they are both in NAMUS, would that be an automatic ruleout?

The facial structure matches, but heigh is off and missing date has an 8 years gap.

Apart this, very likely to be Ylenia Carrisi. What do other people think ?

That SCAPA website has got to be the saddest thing I have seen in a long time. There are so many missing women who this could be.

Also, I looked it up. Certain medications can make your hair turn gray, but not hard drugs like heroin or meth. But stress CAN make your hair turn grey, so a stressful transient life may have done that. Or it could just be entirely genetic.

Ok, I drew the proportions between our IUD and Ylenia Carrisi, because I cannot take it off my mind.

What do you think ?

Attachments

• UP LA2.jpg
    UP LA2.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 22
  • carrisi_ylenia142.jpg
    carrisi_ylenia142.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 21
Ok, I drew the proportions between our IUD and Ylenia Carrisi, because I cannot take it off my mind.

What do you think ?

Is much similar, even if the chin and the forehead are not exactly equal, thanks for the work Giucy! ;)

Is much similar, even if the chin and the forehead are not exactly equal, thanks for the work Giucy! ;)

The only problem is is that Ylenia Carrisi was blond, the IUD has brown-reddish hair naturally

Submitted Ylenia Carrisi as a possible match. Waiting for hearing about it.

I think that actually, she is not a match.

1) hair color. Ylenia was really, really blond on the photos, UID has brown-red hair.
2) circumstances : she left her room at around noon on Jan 6th. A musician tried to pay with YC's travelers checks. And a park guard saw a lady matching her description at night, a lady matching her description went in the Mississipi river.
Unfortunately, she encountered her own demise a few hours, days at most, after she went missing.

Back to the drawing board !!

NAMUS Ruleouts as of 09/21/18

MP13255
Janet Luxford
09/01/2001
Jefferson AL

MP2413
Tiffany Sessions
02/09/1989
Alachua FL

MP1100
Hazel Klug