LA - Officer fatally shoots Alton Sterling outside store, Baton Rouge, 2016

If they didn't want the New Black Panther Party there they wouldn't be there, imo. They have come to other protests before so this isn't the first time. They usually show up in full gear with semi-automatic rifles with a bullet strap loaded with bullets across their chest.

With trouble known to erupt right out of the blue without warning and going from peaceful to violent in the recent days I would feel a lot more comfort to see LE in my area in full riot gear and the armored vehicles have never bothered me either. Thank goodness though no one is protesting in our city/county or anywhere close.

I wish some of the Dallas police officers had all been wearing their full riot gear including their protective helmets and maybe if they had had an armored vehicle standing by that night they could have closed in on the mass murderer much sooner using the armored vehicle as protection.

We saw where in the Orlando mass shooting a police helmet is what saved an officer's life when the bullet buried itself in the helmet instead of his skull/brain. If they had been protected like they all should have been then maybe some of the innocent police officers' lives could have been saved in Dallas as well.

At this tense time I believe all police protecting the protestors should all do whatever is necessary to protect themselves from being assaulted or worse. We owe it to our officers to give them the best equipment they need to keep them safe as possible in these very dangerous times they are all facing...............not take that life saving equipment away from them.

I read that one of the officers' that was struck by a rock thrown over one of the overpasses by one of the protestors was critically injured when the rock did major damage to his spine. Just that one uncalled for and senseless act of violence could end the police officer's career.:(

Imo, the police now never know from minute to minute if a protest is going to remain peaceful or erupt into more violence.

My heart goes out to all of them. I don't know how they keep their wits about them when they know they can become targets at anytime. Already we have police officers who have been shot in several states and some even have died since the Dallas massacre just this past Thursday night.

All cops are living in very dangerous times now and even those who aren't cops but are of a particular race are also living in dangerous times. A 44 year old totally innocent white woman was murdered in TN because she happened to be white.

Other than the ones protesting and the police who are protecting them I would try to avoid those areas completely if I lived in any of these areas.

How can they block major highways? How is that legal when ambulances/fire/police and emergency responders need those highways open in case of emergencies which are always happening?

GREAT POST

RBBM I totally agree and with the BP's being brought in what happens if the KKK were to show up to promote White Lives Matter?????

All the above is TOTALLY SPECULATION and not to be judged as racist. ALL LIVES MATTER

JMHO 🐮

I am not trying to create havoc nor cross TOS

Thanks

OMG

What in the world are these protesters trying to prove by getting on the interstate highways?
Do they want to be ran over so they can blame the LE for not protecting them?

rs&bbm

I don't think they are trying to prove anything. I think they're using civil disobedience to draw attention to their cause, bring attention to the injustice, and affect change.

Civil Disobedience

"A symbolic, non-violent violation of the law, done deliberately in protest against some form of perceived injustice. Mere dissent, protest, or disobedience of the law does not qualify. The act must be nonviolent, open and visible, illegal, performed for the moral purpose of protesting an injustice, and done with the expectation of being punished."

"By peacefully and openly violating the law and submitting to punishment, those engaging in civil disobedience hope to draw attention to the law they hope to reform, the injustice they hope to stop, or the policy or practice they hope to end. By calling into question the justness, fairness, Equity, or propriety of the status quo, persons engaging in civil disobedience usually appeal to some form of higher law, whether it be the divine law of god, Natural Law, or some form of moral reasoning."

I have no problems with non-violent protesters. OTOH, I would very much have a problem with aggressive police, in or out of riot gear, in my neighborhood, especially if they were driving an armored personnel carrier and using a sound cannon unless they had a very good reason to, eg, a hostage situation. Protests aren't new to the country and how best for police to respond isn't new either.

If police wore this protective gear in Dallas perhaps there would be fewer of them dead.

Thanks BBLA ��

I linked the copy of the lawsuit filed by Muflahi, no offense meant but he certainly appears to be on the news as much as the video of Sterling ��

http://wafb.images.worldnow.com/library/68ddf7f4-d236-42c7-8a34-7edb9d8e2326.pdf

JMO ��

I agree he's been in the news, but what does that mean if anything. Four hours seems like a long time for a witness to sit in a police car before being questioned. You can't detain a witness that isn't suspected of anything.

Muflahi's choice of attorneys is interesting.

Baton Rouge house is damaged during protest, owner blames protesters

During the confrontation,Batiste's porch was damaged. She rents the house and her landlord, Johnny Palazzotto, isn't very happy about the damage. He came by the house on Monday to inspect the property.

He said the protesters are to blame for the damage to his house, not the police. He plans to pick up a copy of the police report on their arrests -- which will include the names of protesters taken into custody who were on his property -- when it is made public in a couple of weeks. He found out about the demonstration on his property when WBRZ contacted him for an interview Sunday night.

"I don't think there is any such thing as a peaceful protest anymore," said Palazzotto. "You can't bring that many people together and not have problems."

Much more at link.
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/louisiana_house_protest.html#incart_most-read_

Does she think the protesters were arrested for being on her property?

Well if these protests are going to continue I would be adding a "no protest" clause to all new leases if I was a landlord. Thank goodness I'm not anymore.

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 2:13 PM PDT

Sterling funeral set for Friday at Southern University

http://www.katc.com/story/32429474/sterling-funeral-set-for-friday-at-southern-university

“The family of Alton Sterling will hold his funeral service in the Southern University F. G. Clark Activity Center on Friday.”

“The services will be handled as a private event in the campus facility in terms of traffic, parking, and security, but the public is invited to attend.”​

July 12, 2016
6:10pm

Together Baton Rouge: Residents express frustration and fear and hope during the Alton Sterling event

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_0b9b6fd8-4877-11e6-9822-dfbc6740b35b.html

""How do I tell my son about proper procedures when dealing with the police, when that doesn't always work?""

well, you could start by telling him to not carry a weapon illegally, to not threaten people with weapons, to not refuse to comply with legal orders given by the police, you could tell him if the police are trying to tase him and ordering him to get on the ground that he should get on the ground, not to resist arrest, and most importantly you should tell him that if a police officer points a gun at him and tells him not to move - he should not move, at all, let alone continue to struggle to keep one of his hands free after the police have already discovered that he is armed.

that would be a really good start.

rs&bbm

I don't think they are trying to prove anything. I think they're using civil disobedience to draw attention to their cause, bring attention to the injustice, and affect change.

Civil Disobedience

"A symbolic, non-violent violation of the law, done deliberately in protest against some form of perceived injustice. Mere dissent, protest, or disobedience of the law does not qualify. The act must be nonviolent, open and visible, illegal, performed for the moral purpose of protesting an injustice, and done with the expectation of being punished."

Thanks for replying Blue 😉

Respectfully snipped for space

Why march? Feels like we're headed back to the Civil Rights Movement instead of trying to come together for the future.

RBBM: What about white people, we are all of one the same.

When the evil Perpetrator killed 49 people at the Pulse Night Club, why didn't "they" march? Black people were shot then. All colors were murdered and not anyone started a huge protest against LEO because LEO risked their lives to protect, serve, and save.

All JMHO 🐮

""How do I tell my son about proper procedures when dealing with the police, when that doesn't always work?""

well, you could start by telling him to not carry a weapon illegally, to not threaten people with weapons, to not refuse to comply with legal orders given by the police, you could tell him if the police are trying to tase him and ordering him to get on the ground that he should get on the ground, not to resist arrest, and most importantly you should tell him that if a police officer points a gun at him and tells him not to move - he should not move, at all, let alone continue to struggle to keep one of his hands free after the police have already discovered that he is armed.

I agree, If you do not want problems with the police,do not commit crimes and obey the police,do not get mouthy with the police. The police are not shooting boyscouts.

Given all the things that had transpired, including the whole Purge thing, why weren't the protestors, I dunno, just a tad more orderly? this weekend? Say like maybe they could have left out the whole 'must march on the freeway' not to mention maybe NOT following the New Black Panthers over to police HQ...but no, they had to push it to the limit...that would be why a whole lot of people fail to find much sympathy. Its not that we may not see SOME of the injustices they do but they way in which they are bringing it to our attention is quite frankly frequently beyond the pale of any kind of civilized discourse.

Thanks for replying Blue ��

Respectfully snipped for space

Why march? Feels like we're headed back to the Civil Rights Movement instead of trying to come together for the future.

RBBM: What about white people, we are all of one the same.

When the evil Perpetrator killed 49 people at the Pulse Night Club, why didn't "they" march? Black people were shot then. All colors were murdered and not anyone started a huge protest against LEO because LEO risked their lives to protect, serve, and save.

All JMHO ��
Please do not compare this to the civil rights movement. This has nothing to do with civil rights.These are repeat criminals that are let out and usually in the process of committing a crime while being shot.

GREAT POST

Adding, also sit down with the children and families to watch the viral video of Coffey Anderson on how to deal with LE when approached. He's a Black Country singer.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chro...nderson-s-video-on-8354692.php?client=safari#

Thanks
JMO 🐮

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA