LA LA - Renita Menzies, 52, Lacombe, 5 Oct 2010

I still check for updates on this story every week. Haven't found one word reported since October. I've questioned a few of my "sources", but everyone is clueless. It's difficult to accept that a woman can die this way, and no one outside of her family ever mentions it again. If her friends happen to check in here, I'd like them to know that she has not been totally forgotten.

RIP Renita

arson is used to cover up homicide a lot of the time. if gasoline were used as an accelerant, would le be able to differentiate the gas in the car and if someone poured some over the car?

being she was a nurse, i doubt that she would commit suicide this way. most people would never want to die by fire, it's such a horrible way to die.

has le looked into her co-workers? would it be possible there was something bad going on at her work and she was going to come forward to le about it, and someone wanted her "out of the picture"?

arson is used to cover up homicide a lot of the time. if gasoline were used as an accelerant, would le be able to differentiate the gas in the car and if someone poured some over the car?

being she was a nurse, i doubt that she would commit suicide this way. most people would never want to die by fire, it's such a horrible way to die.

has le looked into her co-workers? would it be possible there was something bad going on at her work and she was going to come forward to le about it, and someone wanted her "out of the picture"?
I have no idea what LE has done. Nobody is talking. The last statement from LE right after it happened said that they did suspect homicide.

Anything is possible, but no, I don't think it was suicide. And she was found in the back seat. I know it's becoming more common to hear of murder victims' bodies burned. For some reason, this incident bothers me moreso than others.

This report is from May 2011 when the St. Tammany Parish Coroner's office ruled Renita Menzies' death "unclassified". There have been no further updates reported in the news, and I'm afraid the case has gone cold.

WWL-TV
by Doug Mouton
May 7, 2011

"The information is now at a standstill," St. Tammany Coroner Dr. Peter Galvan said Friday. "So, with the current information, I can't be certain which way to go.".
http://www.wwltv.com/news/northshor...h-of-woman-found-burned-in-car-121426814.html

Who killed Renita Menzies?

:bump:

Another six months and no resolution, at least none that's been released to the public. I see where Renita's mother passed away in February. Did the poor woman go to her grave with questions in her heart?

Who killed Renita Menzies?

From the photos of where the car was found, it seems really unlikely the car could have accidentally caught on fire. The ground is clean looking and she wasn't even in the grass.

I noticed there was a book in her burned car. I wonder if perhaps she was out reading by the lake and someone attacked her?

One reason they may keep calling her "lost" is she was an adult living by herself. So, no one knew anything useful to police. But, it sounds as if she had friends. They just hadn't talked to her that day.

This really does not sound like suicide. For one thing, how much did she know about cars? Could she even be certain thus and so action would cause the result to the car (and her body) that we see here? It seems she would chose a more certain method rather than something that could leave her hospitalized for many months. Since she'd worked in nursing homes, sometimes in those there are people who are young but have endured some calamity.

So, logically, I can't see this as suicide or an accident.. unless the car was just plain defective and she didn't realize it.

December, did you happen to read that Renita was found in the back seat? Nothing about this tragedy suggests either suicide or accident, so we agree. Apparently RM had faced some rough patches in her life, but by all accounts, she had made positive changes and was back on track.

I don't know all of the specifics, but I'm going to bet she lived within a small circle of family, friends and associates. Narrowing it down to pinpoint the perp shouldn't be that difficult, but what do I know. Perhaps it has been narrowed down, but the evidence is lacking to make an arrest. More than likely, however, it's not being investigated at all.

December, did you happen to read that Renita was found in the back seat? Nothing about this tragedy suggests either suicide or accident, so we agree. Apparently RM had faced some rough patches in her life, but by all accounts, she had made positive changes and was back on track.

I don't know all of the specifics, but I'm going to bet she lived within a small circle of family, friends and associates. Narrowing it down to pinpoint the perp shouldn't be that difficult, but what do I know. Perhaps it has been narrowed down, but the evidence is lacking to make an arrest. More than likely, however, it's not being investigated at all.

Yes, I read that. I think that is one more thing that is very "off". I never get into the backseat of my car.

She may have only had a few close friends, but she worked in a nursing home. So, all of the people there have visitors and so forth. And there might be vendors, other staff, a lot of people who knew her by sight but were not really acquainted with her enough to be questioned.

Oh sure, she encountered all of those people. My point was that the tragedy seems very unlikely to be the work of a random stranger, and those people you mention fall into that category unless she had a recent dispute with one, which shouldn't be hard to narrow down. IMHO.

Oh sure, she encountered all of those people. My point was that the tragedy seems very unlikely to be the work of a random stranger, and those people you mention fall into that category unless she had a recent dispute with one, which shouldn't be hard to narrow down. IMHO.

Oh, I see what you mean. They're all in the same place (more or less).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back