LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I posted this before but can't find it, so maybe I didn't.

Shane had brown eyes but wore contacts that made his eyes appear kind of blue/grey. IMO, the composite of the "homeless" purse snatcher shows eyes that are blue/grey, not brown.

If it was Shane, what are the chances that a homeless man would still be wearing his blue/grey contact lenses 3 years after going missing? Amazing that anyone fighting with a purse snatcher at 7:30 pm on a March evening, would have that eye colour down pat.

As much as I'd like to believe it is Shane, I find the whole purse snatching / composite story too "canned", right down to the victim's comment that the perp appeared "homeless". IMO, it seems contrived to point to Shane and support the belief that he is alive and homeless (as JPSO knows we all want to believe). Maybe if JPSO had been more upfront and co-operative with the family, I wouldn't be having such suspicions.

I know Brett Talked with Tim Miller after he talked to JPSO and from what i remember all Mr.Miller said is that Shane was not around the area....It was all very weird...It was like on Sat. Tim Miller was all ready to do something and on Sunday it was a Different story...Come Monday....No Tim Miller...come Tuesday they was gone...Plus you have to remember....The Det.working Shane's didn't work on weekends.....

I might've posted this previously. If I did, please excuse the repeat. That is very similar to what happened with Terrilynn, and even the McStay family. I greatly admire TM, and I appreciate the fact that he must consider his sponsors, and make the best use of his resources. It's the big media hype without the follow up that's a problem. And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

I know Brett Talked with Tim Miller after he talked to JPSO and from what i remember all Mr.Miller said is that Shane was not around the area....It was all very weird...It was like on Sat. Tim Miller was all ready to do something and on Sunday it was a Different story...Come Monday....No Tim Miller...come Tuesday they was gone...Plus you have to remember....The Det.working Shane's didn't work on weekends.....

It's so frustrating, Kenny!

Every time it seems there's going to be a new lead in Shane's case, it turns into another LE roadblock. Thank you to you, Brett, and all of your family to help find Shane!

Was wondering, how old is Brett? There seems to be such incredible compassion, love, and great efforts by all of you guys! I wish some of this would rub off on LE!!!

I don't want to get too personal, but its so awesome to have family here! I was wondering if you could share, did Shane and Brett do a lot of stuff together? What activities and interests did they have? Were their personalities the same or different?

Answers to questions like these I believe can really help bring a great compassionate interest to those involved in missing persons cases! Many of us have REALLY identified in a caring and compassionate way to Shane, Brett, and to your family.

Thanks to all!

Satch

We asked several times about the owner of the PT CRUISER and we could never get a answer...I called the state and it was possible for them to run all MAROON PT CRUISERS BY ZIP CODE...BUT LE WOULD HAVE TO DO TI
I realize this is stating the obvious but has anyone asked 'da paish home brah' LE to run the tags ?
I already know the answer to that, so why am I asking?

Just thinking, would it be worth while to contact Tim Miller again ? As they didn't find anything, it probably wouldn't lead anywhere, but, maybe it wouldn't hurt to try.

I realize this is stating the obvious but has anyone asked 'da paish home brah' LE to run the tags ?
I already know the answer to that, so why am I asking?

LE said they couldn't find the PTC people to talk to. So, seems for some strange, unknown reason, Shane's plate and the PTC plate didn't show up on the traffic cams in the area.

New question though ... what department runs the traffic cams in the area?

The young couple...It took me over a few months to talk with the male subject...I just had to catch him at his house...I still haven't ruled them out..They said they stopped and offered help and Shane told them i have Family on the way...

Kenny, why haven't you ruled the young couple out.

Is it possible the young couple had something to do with Shane's disappearance? Maybe they convince Shane to let them give him a ride and something bad happened - Shane succumbs to injuries and they dump him somewhere or the rob Shane, something along that lines. They are the last people that we can confirm interacted with Shane.

If a family member of a missing person was trying to contact me and I had seen the person last, I would make myself easily available. IMO I guess it is possible that they have their own issues and don't want to be involved with LE.

Maybe LE is acting flaky because they botched the investigation.

It just seems so plausible to me that Shane would have started walking in the direction that he thought Brett would be coming from. If the dogs did track him going East on that Road.. then what happened? He obviously didn't wander over the levee and into the river. The area has been searched for places he might have succumbed to injuries. The only explanation is that he got into a car. Whose car and why? Somebody who was there that night has to know.

It just seems so plausible to me that Shane would have started walking in the direction that he thought Brett would be coming from. If the dogs did track him going East on that Road.. then what happened? He obviously didn't wander over the levee and into the river. The area has been searched for places he might have succumbed to injuries. The only explanation is that he got into a car. Whose car and why? Somebody who was there that night has to know.

How many possible routes from Brett's and Shane's house to the crash site are there?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but what was the route that the search team dogs and personnel followed? Did the dogs react to anything unusual in the vicinity when they were being used in the search? Is it correct that a scent was picked up and than lost?

I wish we could get a high resolution web cam picture from somebody's, ANYBODY'S archives of the activity that night from Shane talking to Brett to where he went! Even if we could establish the likely direction that he might have gone, it could be a starting point. What if any personal items of Shane's were used by the tracking dog teams' search personnel to try to pick up a scent?

How good (or bad) was the visibility that night? Sure that this has been asked before, but what was Shane wearing? Could articles of clothing either have camouflaged efforts to find him IF he hid, somewhere out of fear of a DUI arrest? Was Shane wearing any particular kind of clothes that would have made him easy to spot? How much traffic would be in that area between 12:30-1:30 am on a summer night?

If Shane was evading LE out of fear of a DUI arrest, it stands to reason that at that time, he did not want to be found for fear of jail time. However, to hide from family and loved ones for three years because of a DUI still makes no sense.

Did he get into a car, and suffer some kind of tragic fate?

Satch

Where was Brett when he last spoke with Shane, and what route did he take from where he was at to the crash site?

I thought I posted this before but can't find it, so maybe I didn't.

Shane had brown eyes but wore contacts that made his eyes appear kind of blue/grey. IMO, the composite of the "homeless" purse snatcher shows eyes that are blue/grey, not brown.

If it was Shane, what are the chances that a homeless man would still be wearing his blue/grey contact lenses 3 years after going missing? Amazing that anyone fighting with a purse snatcher at 7:30 pm on a March evening, would have that eye colour down pat.

As much as I'd like to believe it is Shane, I find the whole purse snatching / composite story too "canned", right down to the victim's comment that the perp appeared "homeless". IMO, it seems contrived to point to Shane and support the belief that he is alive and homeless (as JPSO knows we all want to believe). Maybe if JPSO had been more upfront and co-operative with the family, I wouldn't be having such suspicions.

IIRC Shane has Hazel eyes, which change color based on the environment. I also have Hazel eyes (My grandmothers eyes), they are more blue when I'm outdoors, more green when under trees and really don't go brown but get darker indoors.

http://geauxguard.com/search-nets-success-for-missing-man/975/
May 25, 2011 by Louisiana National Guard

NEW ORLEANS – Approximately 40 Louisiana National Guardsmen assisting the Jefferson Parish Sheriff Office in the search and successful rescue for Dr. Francisco Piedrahita, the missing Columbian University rector, for the past two days in the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve in Marrero.

“We had four-man teams spread out about 50 meters apart,” said Staff Sgt. Darren Murray, C Company, 2nd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment, non-commissioned officer in charge of the mission. “If the Soldiers would find any items of interest, then Jefferson Parish would send in detectives to investigate.”

Maybe, Shane had to be a professor ...
Now I think it's too late. Shane has to be found through members of the community. I'm hoping with you!

IIRC Shane has Hazel eyes, which change color based on the environment. I also have Hazel eyes (My grandmothers eyes), they are more blue when I'm outdoors, more green when under trees and really don't go brown but get darker indoors.

Thanks for pointing that out Haunts. Because his eyes appeared dark brown in that pic with long hair taken when he was younger, and in later pics they looked much lighter, I thought his contact lenses were coloured and lightened his eyes.

Here goes nothing.

Any chance Shane picked up a hooker that night so he was worried about extra trouble?

The next day was Sat., correct?
Did Shane work Mon-Fri? Or other days/hours?

The next day was Sat., correct?
Did Shane work Mon-Fri? Or other days/hours?

It was Thursday evening, June 9 that Shane and Brett were at the bar; Shane left the bar at approx. 12:20 am, Friday, June 10.

LE said they couldn't find the PTC people to talk to. So, seems for some strange, unknown reason, Shane's plate and the PTC plate didn't show up on the traffic cams in the area.

New question though ... what department runs the traffic cams in the area?

I totally agree.....They tell us the traffic camera was at forth st. dosn't make any sense....But then a lot didn't

http://geauxguard.com/search-nets-success-for-missing-man/975/
May 25, 2011 by Louisiana National Guard

NEW ORLEANS – Approximately 40 Louisiana National Guardsmen assisting the Jefferson Parish Sheriff Office in the search and successful rescue for Dr. Francisco Piedrahita, the missing Columbian University rector, for the past two days in the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve in Marrero.

“We had four-man teams spread out about 50 meters apart,” said Staff Sgt. Darren Murray, C Company, 2nd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment, non-commissioned officer in charge of the mission. “If the Soldiers would find any items of interest, then Jefferson Parish would send in detectives to investigate.”

Maybe, Shane had to be a professor ...
Now I think it's too late. Shane has to be found through members of the community. I'm hoping with you!

Thats because The Doctor was very good friends with President Obama and he called in the Nat.Guards....at that point JPSO WAS TAKING ORDERS...That was told to us from the police on the ground

Kenny, why haven't you ruled the young couple out.

Is it possible the young couple had something to do with Shane's disappearance? Maybe they convince Shane to let them give him a ride and something bad happened - Shane succumbs to injuries and they dump him somewhere or the rob Shane, something along that lines. They are the last people that we can confirm interacted with Shane.

If a family member of a missing person was trying to contact me and I had seen the person last, I would make myself easily available. IMO I guess it is possible that they have their own issues and don't want to be involved with LE.

Maybe LE is acting flaky because they botched the investigation.

Here's my deal with them......They stopped to help....Then you don't call the police for days...I tried for several months to get them to talk to me...I had left thank you letters and gift cards with no responds...I finally caught them at the house one evening,spoke with the young guy and he tells me ...They sold the car they had that night...he then tells me he called 911 but they have no record of the call....The cell phone you had that night you no longer have...and can't get the records...and your girl friend had a mental breakdown.....WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL FUNNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
And_Justice_For_All