LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are that Shane was either run over by LE or was beaten up by them for some reason and he died. The young couple know this and have tried to erase all evidence of events to protect themselves because they were witness to nefarious or accidental missteps by LE.

I think the shoe was overlooked in the cleaning up/nervousness of those involved.
No one came out to get the shoe because they knew there was no missing person.

Worst horror of all is that this happened. I wish ANYTHING that we could come up with something that shows this is not the case. But how can the cover-up by all non-related family be explained? If this terrible thing happened, it could explain the woman witness' breakdown.

After the young couple leaves, maybe they were still in the area at a close enough distance to see or hear the following:

I have this image of poor Shane all shaken up, nervous, and he tells LE, "My brothers' coming to get me." And some "Robocop" LE official(s) says/say, you can't stay here, your drunk." (Or making Shane out to be some kind of fugitive criminal or something.) The cop may have demanded that Shane take a breathalyzer, Shane got angrier, the cops got angrier. The couple sees or hears the arguing and see something terrible happen to Shane. They are so traumatized that they are forced to put it out of their minds or remove anything from them as witnesses to the case. That includes not talking.

After the horrible thing happens to Shane, draw your own conclusions what that could be, LE swears each other to secrecy, orders each other not to talk. The Chief of Police agrees to the need to protect those responsible, and the poor family has been suffering for it ever since.

I just think that even if Shane had a buzz on him, I don't think he was breaking the law. If a person gets angry with a cop and lets say users profanity to a cop, is that considered breaking a law? Shane may have used profanity and in the heat of anger, the fight got too out of hand and a tragic situation occurred. If the cops had followed the law, and Shane WAS obviously injured, but was belligerent and profane to them, what should LE have done?

I am just trying to think at what point was LE protocol broken in their conversations with Shane? Note that I am ASSUMING that there was police misconduct because of a fight between Shane and LE, or Shane got run over by LE. We still don't know what really happened. All we know for sure is that Shane is still missing, LE has not helped the family in any way, and the reports show confusing and contradictory information.

I think it's a very strong FACT that LE did NOT follow proper police procedures in this case.

Satch

From what I have read here, it seems Shane is well loved and highly thought of by so many.
What I don't know is if Shane has a temper, is a smart *advertiser censored*, cocky, pugnacious foul mouthed or is he slow to anger, a pacificist, mellow?

Does his temperament change when drinking? Under stress? When someone else is considered "in charge?"

Hey, kenny... just a thought, but what about going to ProjectNOLA with the photo of the purse snatcher, the comment about where that guy might be seen and your story. That guy, Bryan Lagarde, that runs ProjectNOLA is faaaaaantastic!!!! He helps bring a face to crimes probably more than the police. The police work directly with him and he is very committed to New Orleans. Just a suggestion, but if he gets on board with you, he might have resources and contacts!?!? You can find it on Facebook.

Worst horror of all is that this happened. I wish ANYTHING that we could come up with something that shows this is not the case. But how can the cover-up by all non-related family be explained? If this terrible thing happened, it could explain the woman witness' breakdown.

After the young couple leaves, maybe they were still in the area at a close enough distance to see or hear the following:

I have this image of poor Shane all shaken up, nervous, and he tells LE, "My brothers' coming to get me." And some "Robocop" LE official(s) says/say, you can't stay here, your drunk." (Or making Shane out to be some kind of fugitive criminal or something.) The cop may have demanded that Shane take a breathalyzer, Shane got angrier, the cops got angrier. The couple sees or hears the arguing and see something terrible happen to Shane. They are so traumatized that they are forced to put it out of their minds or remove anything from them as witnesses to the case. That includes not talking.

After the horrible thing happens to Shane, draw your own conclusions what that could be, LE swears each other to secrecy, orders each other not to talk. The Chief of Police agrees to the need to protect those responsible, and the poor family has been suffering for it ever since.

I just think that even if Shane had a buzz on him, I don't think he was breaking the law. If a person gets angry with a cop and lets say users profanity to a cop, is that considered breaking a law? Shane may have used profanity and in the heat of anger, the fight got too out of hand and a tragic situation occurred. If the cops had followed the law, and Shane WAS obviously injured, but was belligerent and profane to them, what should LE have done?

I am just trying to think at what point was LE protocol broken in their conversations with Shane? Note that I am ASSUMING that there was police misconduct because of a fight between Shane and LE, or Shane got run over by LE. We still don't know what really happened. All we know for sure is that Shane is still missing, LE has not helped the family in any way, and the reports show confusing and contradictory information.

I think it's a very strong FACT that LE did NOT follow proper police procedures in this case.

Satch

Totally agree, Satch. Something happened to Shane at that accident site. Could even have been tasered with a bad result. :moo:

I really want a happy ending to this family's search. I feel very strongly that only legal intervention can help at this time. I beg you to find a good legal clinic. This is a case where you need a dog with great teeth.

Kenny, Has the family tried to get a meeting with the sheriff Newel Noland ? he is generally approachable . push it don't settle for anyone less. he could order his employees to be more forthcoming with you . he is an elected official after all Start at the top down I always say. also you can go to the state police and say you suspect a cover up and need an investigation . Again I would start at the top and go to Mike Edmonson . i subscribe to the taser gone wrong theory

Hey, kenny... just a thought, but what about going to ProjectNOLA with the photo of the purse snatcher, the comment about where that guy might be seen and your story. That guy, Bryan Lagarde, that runs ProjectNOLA is faaaaaantastic!!!! He helps bring a face to crimes probably more than the police. The police work directly with him and he is very committed to New Orleans. Just a suggestion, but if he gets on board with you, he might have resources and contacts!?!? You can find it on Facebook.

GREAT IDEA......I will get everything together and send it to him....I know were his place is i could just go over there......THANKS SO MUCH

Kenny, Has the family tried to get a meeting with the sheriff Newel Noland ? he is generally approachable . push it don't settle for anyone less. he could order his employees to be more forthcoming with you . he is an elected official after all Start at the top down I always say. also you can go to the state police and say you suspect a cover up and need an investigation . Again I would start at the top and go to Mike Edmonson . i subscribe to the taser gone wrong theory

I the very beginning the police chief was out of town till the FIRST Sunday....We he got back in town things started to happen....We had shirts made up HELP FIND SHANE....We would wear them at every event we could...There was a political fundraiser and THE POLICE CHIEF was there also so i went and stood next to him THINKING....He would say something to the family....He seen all of us and went out the back door...

From what I have read here, it seems Shane is well loved and highly thought of by so many.
What I don't know is if Shane has a temper, is a smart *advertiser censored*, cocky, pugnacious foul mouthed or is he slow to anger, a pacificist, mellow?

Does his temperament change when drinking? Under stress? When someone else is considered "in charge?"

Shane's a cool dude....He likes outdoors ...he would hike when ever he could...Camping ,Good times and Family...He doesn't talk a lot...Just a mild cool southern gentleman....He could do just about anything with his hands...Painting,sculpting,jewelry making,carving....Shane can do it

What i don't understand is there was Two police Dept. responding the levee board police patrolling the levee and NOBODY SEEN ANYTHING...I forgot about the cars that passed also....SOMEBODY SEEN SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!!

Satch
It's Louisiana,Satch, there probably isn't much of a structure to adhere to. It may be in the books, sometimes it's followed as a suggestion & not a clear order. Kinda like stop signs here....suggestions.

GREAT IDEA......I will get everything together and send it to him....I know were his place is i could just go over there......THANKS SO MUCH

Glad to help, Kenny!

Thank you for being here and being so kind and patient with all of our questions! That's cool that you might get to see an actual LE official who might be able to HELP.

Satch

Could it be that the young couple talked Shane into a ride even after he said, "I have family on the way.", and Shane's injuries were worse than anybody thought, and he passed away in their car? I sometimes run that through my mind. However, that theory does not account for the cold and insensitive way that LE has treated the Fell family. This is why I think that, not only the young couple should be suspect as well, but the LE who worked on Shane's case should be suspect as well.

I also go back to Shane traumatized from the accident and he may have been struck by a LE vehicle. Could LE have planted the shoe in the water to make it look like Shane had drowned?

Satch

Maybe.. but I sure don't think Le would do a cover up. Blaming it on le in this ,has no set of proof. I understand emotions but blaming le will make the case 10 times harder. I don't see any proof of wrong doing on their behalf.. maybe because I have 1 side of the story.

But the time frame allowed is 1-9 mins. Now in that time frame you will able to see the police car, the lights etc etc up the road way. If his brother came from either direction in this time frame, he would see those lights and he would see people at the site or cars going away. If his brother was not there.

I don't think its a question of why.. I honestly think he was told to meet else where or given a ride. Theres no foot prints, in the road.. no blood in the road. Its equal a ride. Its pretty to simple to understand

By who is the question. I see the police double checked on this guy, he was not at home or in the hospital. They put a look out on him. They gave a report from both directions of the wreck in a police view, 1st responder.I don't think the police did him in, because everyone is looking for a promotion in the police business.

I think he was given a ride or was told to meet else where.. Im going to take those choices as the latter.

Shane's a cool dude....He likes outdoors ...he would hike when ever he could...Camping ,Good times and Family...He doesn't talk a lot...Just a mild cool southern gentleman....He could do just about anything with his hands...Painting,sculpting,jewelry making,carving....Shane can do it

When I clicked on his picture to read about this case, I instantly knew I would like Shane.
His interests are the same as mine. Thanks!:seeya:

Maybe.. but I sure don't think Le would do a cover up. Blaming it on le in this ,has no set of proof. I understand emotions but blaming le will make the case 10 times harder. I don't see any proof of wrong doing on their behalf.. maybe because I have 1 side of the story.

But the time frame allowed is 1-9 mins. Now in that time frame you will able to see the police car, the lights etc etc up the road way. If his brother came from either direction in this time frame, he would see those lights and he would see people at the site or cars going away. If his brother was not there.

I don't think its a question of why.. I honestly think he was told to meet else where or given a ride. Theres no foot prints, in the road.. no blood in the road. Its equal a ride. Its pretty to simple to understand

By who is the question. I see the police double checked on this guy, he was not at home or in the hospital. They put a look out on him. They gave a report from both directions of the wreck in a police view, 1st responder.I don't think the police did him in, because everyone is looking for a promotion in the police business.

I think he was given a ride or was told to meet else where.. Im going to take those choices as the latter.

The thing is though,

If Shane was simply given a ride, and he did not meet with foul play, or pass away due to injures, why would he "hide" for three years? Even if you put LE in the clear, that's the big why? Who goes into hiding for three years for fear of being jailed on a DUI? I can understand the fear of jail on a DUI. But to have that fear for three years?

For Shane to be gone this long, it is my biggest fear that something happened to him and someone did something to him. Unless he tragically went into the lake and drowned with the one shoe evidence found there. But this case does not support that Shane even went to the lake. If Shane didn't go to the lake, someone put or threw the shoe in the water. Shane's shoe could have blown off on impact from the accident, but I think too far from the accident scene to fall into the water.

Kenny, in Brett's two phone conversations with Shane, does he remember specifically telling Shane to stay at one spot? Or meet him at a certain location? Could Brett and Shane have missed each other through miscommunication? In that process of miscommunication, are their opposite sides of the roadway at night where one person may not see the other? In other words, each was looking for the other, but in the wrong place? Or they were obstructed by something? Shane in a panic thinks Brett is late, and gets a ride instead? Or LE comes in, and this is where things go from confusing, to bad, to worse? What weather conditions, lighting conditions. vehicles, people walking on the road or driving in that area, could have obstructed anyone's view as to what happened to Shane?

Satch

The thing is though,

If Shane was simply given a ride, and he did not meet with foul play, or pass away due to injures, why would he "hide" for three years? Even if you put LE in the clear, that's the big why? Who goes into hiding for three years for fear of being jailed on a DUI? I can understand the fear of jail on a DUI. But to have that fear for three years?

For Shane to be gone this long, it is my biggest fear that something happened to him and someone did something to him. Unless he tragically went into the lake and drowned with the one shoe evidence found there. But this case does not support that Shane even went to the lake. If Shane didn't go to the lake, someone put or threw the shoe in the water. Shane's shoe could have blown off on impact from the accident, but I think too far from the accident scene to fall into the water.

Kenny, in Brett's two phone conversations with Shane, does he remember specifically telling Shane to stay at one spot? Or meet him at a certain location? Could Brett and Shane have missed each other through miscommunication? In that process of miscommunication, are their opposite sides of the roadway at night where one person may not see the other? In other words, each was looking for the other, but in the wrong place? Or they were obstructed by something? Shane in a panic thinks Brett is late, and gets a ride instead? Or LE comes in, and this is where things go from confusing, to bad, to worse? What weather conditions, lighting conditions. vehicles, people walking on the road or driving in that area, could have obstructed anyone's view as to what happened to Shane?

Satch

Im thinking is the same theory ,I think his brother looked out for him a lot and told don't be around the car, becuase he didn't want to hurt his brother image and family image. My opinion is from how his brother talks is he is family 1st. and career second. Image is everything, never do anything to dis vow those things. His younger brother getting dui and wreckless driving charge hurt the family image as well as his own.

Now I may be 100% wrong and that's a given because, I don't know for sure.

I truly think he was told to meet else and they would sort the rest out later. But thing is ,When whome ever came back to this spot to pick the younger brother up or place he was dropped off. He may have lost his memory that same night from the wreck. So he never showed up that day or try get in contact with his brother. Thus losing all contact with his family and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes