LA LA - Willard "Bill" Daspit Jr, 58, going to his camp 3 doors away, dirt bike & glasses found in wreck 100 yds from home, Coteau Holmes, 9 Sep 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1694845001416.png

Sept 15

IBERIA PARISH, La. — Volunteers are needed for a search party for a missing Coteau Holmes man.

The search is happening Saturday at the Coteau Holmes Park beside the fire station at noon.

Sept 12

St. Martin Parish deputies are searching for missing Coteau Holmes man after he was reported missing Monday afternoon.

Willard William Daspit Jr., 58, was last seen around 10 a.m. Sunday after he left his home to travel to a nearby residence in the 1600 block of Bayou Alexander Highway.

Lara Vergenal, Daspit's wife, said he left Sunday morning on his dirt bike to go check on his camp three houses down the road. When he didn't return that night, she assumed his dirt bike broke down and she went to the camp to check in but the gate was locked.

She found his bike Monday in a ditch 100 yards from their home. Daspit was wearing a helmet but it was found at the wreckage along with his prescription glasses.
"We don't understand. He wrecked 100 yards from the house," Vergenal said, "We have dogs and he walked right past the barking dogs. We don't understand it, he must have hit his head."

Vergenal believes Daspit was struck by a vehicle or ran off the road. Daspit suffered a head injury in February and suffers from glaucoma and diabetes. She said he is likely disoriented, confused and blind.

"He grew up on a motorcycle from the age of 3," Vergenal said, "He's part motorcycle, so for him to lose control, something happened."

Vergenal was sent footage from residents on Facebook of Daspit walking near the Coteau Holmes volunteer fire station nearly three miles away from their home and there were later reports that he was seen near Banker Road about five miles away. She said sheriff's deputies searched the woods around their home and now have focused their search efforts around Banker Road and the fire station.

"Tell him his wife is looking for him. He's a quiet introvert. He's not going to go up to someone's house and knock on the door," Vergenal said. "I need him to come home so I can take care of him."

Vergenal said local search parties are meeting at the Coteau Holmes volunteer fire station on 1860 Coteau Holmes Highway.

Daspit was last seen with no shirt, blue jean shorts, a baseball hat, and tennis shoes. He is 5'10", 218 lbs. and has hazel eyes and brown hair. Daspit goes by the name Bill.

If anyone has any information as to his whereabouts, they are asked to contact the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office by calling 337-394-3071 or via Facebook messenger.

Sept 15

ST. MARTIN PARISH, La. (KLFY) — The search continues for missing Coteau Holmes man Willard Daspit Jr.

According to Joseph Richard, who is spearheading the search, he and many others in the community have looked tirelessly searching for Daspit who has been missing since Sunday.

“I have not missed a night yet. “(I) lay in bed and think about where he could be (or) where would I go if I was in that situation,” said Richard.

“We were out last night with thermal vision scopes,” said Richard. “We had crews walk the woods at night. I’d go down the road (and) turn the truck off to scream his name and listen to see if I can hear anything. I would hear nothing.”

Richard says even though it has been almost a week since Daspit disappeared, he is not giving up hope because he says he would want someone looking for him if he was in the same situation.

“I’ll never give up hope,” he said. “I will be looking for him 10 years from now if he’s not found.”

This is so worrying. He’s obviously had a bad head injury. My husband had a motorbike accident riding around our farm earlier in the year, just hit something in a field and lost control. It was really frightening. He was ‘fine’ in the sense that he got up, no obvious injuries, but really confused because of the head injury. It took several days to really start being himself again and it was fairly minor.

That said, I can’t imagine if he is wandering around town that someone hasn’t seen and interacted with him. But if he’s diabetic, that’s even more worrying. He has to be somewhere. I hope he’s just been taken to the hospital somewhere and they haven’t located him yet.

Willard “Bill” Daspit Jr, 58, Coteau Holmes, Louisiana (9/10/2023)​

Bill Daspit jpg

Download Flyer

Missing Person’s Details​

• Full NameWillard (Bill) Daspit, Jr
  • Date Missing09/10/2023
  • Missing FromCoteau Holmes, Louisana
  • Date of Birth02/28/1965
  • Age58
  • Hair ColorBrown
  • Height5' 10"
  • Weight217
  • Eye ColorGreen
  • SexMale
  • RaceWhite
  • ComplexionMedium
  • GlassesYes

Investigator Information​

• Investigator's Case Number23-26117
  • Investigator's NameDaniel Nelson
  • Investigator's Phone337-394-2607
  • Law Enforcement Agency St. Martin Parish Police Department
  • TXEQ Case#TBD
58 year-old “Bill” Daspit Jr was last seen in 9/10/2023 near his home in the 1600 block of Bayou Alexander Hwy in Coteau Holmes, Louisiana. Bill has a muscular build and a full beard. Bill is diabetic and in immediate need of his medication. Additionally, he may have suffered a head injury and appear confused. Bill is an introvert and most likely would not ask for help. If you have seen Bill or have any information about his disappearance please contact Det. Danielle Nelson at 337-394-2607 or Texas EquuSearch at 281-309-9500.

My MIL lives about 90 seconds from the park where they are coordinating the search - so very close to where he went missing. It's woodsy and swampy and barely a "town". She has one neighbor across the bayou and one across the hwy, then you have to go a ways before you come to more houses. Very fee businesses in the area. If he was disoriented he could have gone into the woods, but there is also the bayou, and tons of crop fields.

View attachment 447354

Sept 15

IBERIA PARISH, La. — Volunteers are needed for a search party for a missing Coteau Holmes man.

The search is happening Saturday at the Coteau Holmes Park beside the fire station at noon.

Sept 12

St. Martin Parish deputies are searching for missing Coteau Holmes man after he was reported missing Monday afternoon.

Willard William Daspit Jr., 58, was last seen around 10 a.m. Sunday after he left his home to travel to a nearby residence in the 1600 block of Bayou Alexander Highway.

Lara Vergenal, Daspit's wife, said he left Sunday morning on his dirt bike to go check on his camp three houses down the road. When he didn't return that night, she assumed his dirt bike broke down and she went to the camp to check in but the gate was locked.

She found his bike Monday in a ditch 100 yards from their home. Daspit was wearing a helmet but it was found at the wreckage along with his prescription glasses.
"We don't understand. He wrecked 100 yards from the house," Vergenal said, "We have dogs and he walked right past the barking dogs. We don't understand it, he must have hit his head."

Vergenal believes Daspit was struck by a vehicle or ran off the road. Daspit suffered a head injury in February and suffers from glaucoma and diabetes. She said he is likely disoriented, confused and blind.

"He grew up on a motorcycle from the age of 3," Vergenal said, "He's part motorcycle, so for him to lose control, something happened."

Vergenal was sent footage from residents on Facebook of Daspit walking near the Coteau Holmes volunteer fire station nearly three miles away from their home and there were later reports that he was seen near Banker Road about five miles away. She said sheriff's deputies searched the woods around their home and now have focused their search efforts around Banker Road and the fire station.

"Tell him his wife is looking for him. He's a quiet introvert. He's not going to go up to someone's house and knock on the door," Vergenal said. "I need him to come home so I can take care of him."

Vergenal said local search parties are meeting at the Coteau Holmes volunteer fire station on 1860 Coteau Holmes Highway.

Daspit was last seen with no shirt, blue jean shorts, a baseball hat, and tennis shoes. He is 5'10", 218 lbs. and has hazel eyes and brown hair. Daspit goes by the name Bill.

If anyone has any information as to his whereabouts, they are asked to contact the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office by calling 337-394-3071 or via Facebook messenger.

Sept 15

ST. MARTIN PARISH, La. (KLFY) — The search continues for missing Coteau Holmes man Willard Daspit Jr.

According to Joseph Richard, who is spearheading the search, he and many others in the community have looked tirelessly searching for Daspit who has been missing since Sunday.

“I have not missed a night yet. “(I) lay in bed and think about where he could be (or) where would I go if I was in that situation,” said Richard.

“We were out last night with thermal vision scopes,” said Richard. “We had crews walk the woods at night. I’d go down the road (and) turn the truck off to scream his name and listen to see if I can hear anything. I would hear nothing.”

Richard says even though it has been almost a week since Daspit disappeared, he is not giving up hope because he says he would want someone looking for him if he was in the same situation.

“I’ll never give up hope,” he said. “I will be looking for him 10 years from now if he’s not found.”

Still missing and STILL bizarre! This man is simply NOT wondering around “lost”! Something happened to him but it wasn’t an accident!

From the article:

Daspit’s wife Lara said she wants to spread the word to the community that, her husband Willard, could be at a homeless shelter after she was told he might have been picked up the night he went missing.

“A man and his wife saw Bill and started to slow down. Then the white car in front of them stopped and turned around and went back and stopped,” said Lara.

“We don’t know if the white car picked him up and brought him to a homeless shelter. We checked,” Lara said. “We don’t know if they brought him to a hospital. We don’t know if they actually know who they have.”

The article also says that she is offering a $500 reward.

i find it weird they’d say “he’s an introvert and probably won’t ask for help” but then he’s on dr phil for help with his marriage? granted his wife prolly pushed for the show but as an introvert myself i would not want to ever be on dr phil. moo

“A man and his wife saw Bill and started to slow down. Then the white car in front of them stopped and turned around and went back and stopped,” said Lara

Daspit has been missing since Sept. 10, the same day deputies said his motorcycle and glasses were found in a wreck 100 yards from his home in Coteau Holmes.

What does it mean, he went to check on his camp three miles down the road?
Here in Louisiana, someones home and camp may be within miles of each other, especially in small towns, small country towns- with lots of farmland/waterways…-The Daspits live in such an area. Not uncommon for someone to “go check on the camp”- check the property, piddle around, work on a few things-watch some football or have a couple of drinks (not saying BD did this) and head home. It is baffling because the area he is missing in, I thought he would be found by now. The sugarcane fields have been searched, although there are so many fields in all directions I don’t know if all have been searched. I would think if someone did pick up BD, the police would be contacted.
If they have another search, I may try and go help.

Here in Louisiana, someones home and camp may be within miles of each other, especially in small towns, small country towns- with lots of farmland/waterways…-The Daspits live in such an area. Not uncommon for someone to “go check on the camp”- check the property, piddle around, work on a few things-watch some football or have a couple of drinks (not saying BD did this) and head home. It is baffling because the area he is missing in, I thought he would be found by now. The sugarcane fields have been searched, although there are so many fields in all directions I don’t know if all have been searched. I would think if someone did pick up BD, the police would be contacted.
If they have another search, I may try and go help.
Our sugarcane is tall and the grinding season usually begins in October.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back