Laciner

Did you guys hear me?
There is a brand new profile on MyLife created to appear as KWJ. KWJ is linked to AL on several sites. Her name was Kim Werner Johnson. Someone just now made this profile... To throw us off? Strange since I just posted the mylife info on A laciner. Be careful with any new stuff. I believe we have a person on this board who is new that is giving is false info.

I barely look at MyLife for answers. If I see something there...I cross reference it with numerous other sources first.

I barely look at MyLife for answers. If I see something there...I cross reference it with numerous other sources first.

Well yes, they have lots of stuff wrong usually.
My point was, someone purposefully made up an account with the name of Kim Werner Johnson ONE DAY AFTER I posted mylife info on Ayhan and requested the board to look into Kim's info.

Someone on the FB page messaged A. Laciner a few days ago but he hasn't responded yet.

Remember we have no discussion of contacting anybody involved in the case here on WS. ;)

FYI...If somebody has a FB account that is set to private and you send that person a message, it goes into an "other" message box. The recipient is not notified of that incoming message. I had a cousin send me a message this way and I didn't discover it until 6 months after he sent it to me.

A. Laciner has an " American" connection to Houston... Not a surprise since he lived there. Our FLEK went to Houston to get her passport. Now, Houston is HUgE and really, she could have done that in Dallas. It's a long drive. Why Houston? Anyway, I wish we could connect him so we could discuss.

a contact/coworker of A. Laciner who also has ties to Turkey/Houston went to the University of Dallas from 1988-91, got a MBA. It is a private college located in Irving, TX. he is connected to a Turkish girl who likes to skydive, and has pics up of her trip to MOAB, UT skydiving. lol. Anyway, this person who got the MBA has a Houston connection and i think one of her sons ;married a turkish woman by the looks of her.

http://armenians-1915.blogspot.com/2010/10/3155-armenians-busted-for-largest-us.html

this article was interesting also...no telling how long this had been going on..this area of ca is included in the 818 area code

A. Laciner has an " American" connection to Houston... Not a surprise since he lived there. Our FLEK went to Houston to get her passport. Now, Houston is HUgE and really, she could have done that in Dallas. It's a long drive. Why Houston? Anyway, I wish we could connect him so we could discuss.

Just say A.L. or AL and those familiar with the thread will know who you are talking about.

a contact/coworker of A. Laciner who also has ties to Turkey/Houston went to the University of Dallas from 1988-91, got a MBA. It is a private college located in Irving, TX. he is connected to a Turkish girl who likes to skydive, and has pics up of her trip to MOAB, UT skydiving. lol. Anyway, this person who got the MBA has a Houston connection and i think one of her sons ;married a turkish woman by the looks of her.

Was the Dallas passport agency around back then? I just read it didn't open until 2009. http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2009/sept/128644.htm

Maybe that was her closest option at the time?

I was not aware the passport office was not open yet. That would make Houston reasonable. It is hard to keep in mind it all happened in the late 80s early 90s.

Another fact about the Armenian Power, the sometimes were refered to as "818"
If FLEK was associated then the 818 may not be an area code, but a gang label in front of a phone number. Also, I was reminded by my husband that gangs used pay phones in the 80s so could any of our numbers be pay phones? Is there a pay phone database for numbers?

While this speculation is interesting, and it certainly seems possible the FLEK knew AL, I am not understanding all the links to a gang. fLEK knew / lived near AL after she changed her name. It seems unlikely she would flee gang violence and set up a new identity only to move in the same apartment complex as another person with the same time.

Maybe I am missing something? I guess I am not sure where the gang link comes into it.

I didn't know where to post the topic of the gang. She did have a police officers number who worke on the gang was it task force?
Turkey has a sub population of Armenians.
It is possible FLEK did not leave alone. I will not spectate anymore on that, but the gang link is not that far fetched, and maybe she was not leaving the gang but leaving so she would not have to testify . The gang was indicted for identity theft among other things. They used other gangs and contacts from banks, discount shopping businesses and other things to help their causes.

Excuse my spelling errors iPhone link to forum won't let me edit

Another fact about the Armenian Power, the sometimes were refered to as "818"
If FLEK was associated then the 818 may not be an area code, but a gang label in front of a phone number. Also, I was reminded by my husband that gangs used pay phones in the 80s so could any of our numbers be pay phones? Is there a pay phone database for numbers?

818 is the area code where the gang is most active -I.e. the Valley. So it is both a reference to the area code, and then hangs sometimes use it to indicate where that particular section of the gang is most active. So like the AP gang members located in the 818 area code. I don't get the impression that the gang would ever use 818 alone to represent them. I think it far more likely FLEK was referencing the area code and it is just a coincidence.

I didn't know where to post the topic of the gang. She did have a police officers number who worke on the gang was it task force?
It is possible FLEK did not leave alone. I will not spectate anymore on that, but the gang link is not that far fetched, and maybe she was not leaving the gang but leaving so she would not have to testify . The gang was indicted for identity theft among other things. They used other gangs and contacts from banks, discount shopping businesses and other things to help their causes.

I think the Turks and Armenians hate each other. The Armenians have caused the Turks of genocide.

Another coincidence (?) is that the FBI stepped up their investigation of the AP gang in 2010. There were some small busts and then the big Operation Power Outage you sent the link on. If FLEK was somehow running away from it, it could be that someone started putting pressure on her and that is why she feel apart in 2010.

I also had forgotten about the phone number link to the gang task force. Seems like a number of little things pointing in that direction. I feel like I could make up a very crazy story about FLEK being involved in some part of a large identity theft operation. But really the only evidence of illegal activity we have is her getting a false ID. I really wish we could see her tax returns. I would love to know what her reported income was and where it was coming from. By all accounts there is little money to be made in mystery shopping, so if she was reporting larger income, that might be an indicator of some illegal activity.

In another thread, "fascinating stuff" set out evidence that he/she believes that LEK was in LA/Hollywood before she went to TX. if she somehow got involved with this gang or witnessed something, or knew things were heating up in1988, that may be why she fled to TX. as to the AL connection, it could be that AL helped her flee because they wanted to flee as well. AND AL may not be their original name either.

just for fun on 818
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=818

and Bsublime, true or not on the 818 origin, I try not to rule things out, until they are "ruled out". I guess if you(we, ) didn't write the notes page yourself you cant rule it out. So following every aspect the "lead" can give us is all we can do. No disrespect meant by this by the way.

Interesting stuff there, Linda! Just for clarification. In the 1980’s, 818-989-8824 was the main telephone number for the North Hollywood police station. The police station moved in the early 1990’s, and while the main telephone number changed, the 8824 number was as the direct number for a task force of anti-gang officers.

Some history on the 818 area code in general: Area code 818 was put into service in 1984, it was created from a split of area code 213. In 1997 area code 818 was split to form area code 626. In 2009 it was overlaid with area code 747, but as of now it looks like 747 is in limited use.

So with this in mind,
1. Since the area code 818 was just started in 1984, so if the Armenian Power are now sometimes referred to as "818", that probably did start happening until the late 1990's or so.
2. The phone number on the sheet near the word Laciner is 818-356-7300. Possibly traced to a company called Joe's Barbershop at 13220 Maclay St. Since 818 split, when researching that number we might look at 626.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back