Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.17.17 - Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17 2017 11:07 AM

Cameron asks about the relationship between Millard and Smich.

"They were best friends, like brothers."

Meneses said she and Smich worked for Millard, not officially on the pay roll. He'd give them money for food and other things.

Cameron, "What did you do when you hung out together?"

Meneses, "Watch TV, smoke weed. We would smoke a lot of weed together."

Shannon Martin

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner

Meneses interrupts... excuse me Jill when you said Mr Millard did you mean Dell? She has been in that room. It's the blue bedroom we've seen. It had two washrooms; one with just a bathtub.

This is #Millard's bedroom, Meneses says.
6615a5c1067acfaae7eb50e13ec97efa.jpg

Lisa Hepfner

Meneses sees screen shot from rap video and says it was shot in #Millard's basement at Maple Gate

#Millard basement. Meneses says she and #Smich lived in a room down there for awhile
434840686ef8b2ace1b0864ca09e1321.jpg

Gonna skip the duplicate posts with photos between Lisa and Shannon as I'm on my phone and it's redundant (obv I'll include any additional details either of them provides though).

Hope this is ok guys.

Lisa Hepfner

This is the bedroom Meneses and #Smich stayed in at #Millard house; it has a bathroom attached.
852cd26ec92ef9e881b93e7f37850f7b.jpg

Meneses says she and #Smich stayed at #Millards for a couple months, but would go back and forth to #Smich's mother's house.

Lisa Hepfner

Meneses interrupts... excuse me Jill when you said Mr Millard did you mean Dell? She has been in that room. It's the blue bedroom we've seen. It had two washrooms; one with just a bathtub.
This is #Millard's bedroom, Meneses says.

Bathtub... wait for that to come up again soon... MOO

Nov 17 2017 11:14 AM

Cameron shows the court this photo. Meneses identifies her former boyfriend Smich.

Shannon Martin
822b007ca932a3bb4f00f9613c93738b.jpg

Nov 17 2017 11:19 AM

Meneses tells the court she and Smich went back and forth between his mom's place in Oakville, and Millard's house in Etobicoke.

They did this for the full year they dated,*about 40 per cent of the time, they were at Millard's place.

She says Millard's father was there. "He seemed sick. He did ride a scooter, to make him more mobile."

She also saw him at the hangar, also on his scooter.

Shannon Martin

*** guys I can only do Twitter now. Live blog keeps messing up my phone. Someone please take over Shannon?

Big difference in tweeting skills in MSM- such an important part of court room coverage

Lisa Hepfner

Millard's father's bedroom is next to #Millard's bedroom in the house, she says. She met the father once or twice. "He was nice, hi, how are you doing, sort of thing." Says Millard Sr. rode a scooter and seemed somewhat "sick."

Canada Day 2012. Meneses was at "Dellen's house." #Millard had a party, "so we were drinking, smoking weed, doing drugs." Had some fireworks. She doesn't remember everyone there, but Christina "Dellen's girlfriend" was there, she recalls. Doesn't know where she was living then.

Photo of Meneses and Smich in swimwear, July 2012. She says it was taken in #Millard's back yard.

Meneses has been to #Millard's farm. She knew he had an airplane hangar as well. "Probably a 20 minute drive, not even," she says she went to the hangar "quite a bit, because I would help work there." #LauraBabcock

Meneses would clean washrooms, cars, helped build walls with the team. "I know how to do a lot of things so he let me help out. I like to help out," Meneses says. #Smich would always be there with her.

Shane Schlatman "worked for Dell" and Meneses would see him at the hangar.

Meneses identifies herself leaning over a car in the hangar. She says she was doing work on it. Dated July 11, 2012. Next photo in hangar is "Mark. He was cutting metal, probably for Javier or someone at the hangar." Also July 11, 2012. #LauraBabcock

Millard had a dog named Pedo, Meneses says.

Big difference in tweeting skills in MSM- such an important part of court room coverage
Completely!! The details are important! I don't think that the one reporter truly understands that! I am thankful for the detailed reporting for one!

Lisa Hepfner

Shot of rolled up tarp in the dirt, we have seen. Dog next to tarp is Pedo, she says. The dog was always with #Millard, she says. She saw the Eliminator one day at the hangar and asked what it was. She didn't understand what an incinerator was so she asked #Smich later

Millard first told Meneses the incinerator was "his new toy." She didn't want to feel dumb asking more. Smich told her it was for farm animals. "What did you say?" "I thought it was weird because Dellen didn't have any farm animals." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner

Showing the photo of Meneses again in the hangar. She identifies the incinerator as being the machine over her right shoulder in the photo. She saw it again, one night, "they wanted to test it." #LauraBabcock

Millard picked Meneses and #Smich up. She doesn't remember if he already had the incinerator with him. They went to the farm. "They wanted to test it out for some reason." Meneses was told to stay in the car with her headphones in and not look.

"Then they came over to me and said *advertiser censored* we need a plug," so they went to the hangar, pulling the incinerator behind them with the GMC truck. Seems to be describing #Millard's Yukon. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner

Shot of rolled up tarp in the dirt, we have seen. Dog next to tarp is Pedo, she says. The dog was always with #Millard, she says. She saw the Eliminator one day at the hangar and asked what it was. She didn't understand what an incinerator was so she asked #Smich later

Millard first told Meneses the incinerator was "his new toy." She didn't want to feel dumb asking more. Smich told her it was for farm animals. "What did you say?" "I thought it was weird because Dellen didn't have any farm animals." #LauraBabcock

DM's story for what it was for seems to change frequently and be dependent on who his audience was at the time! I hope the jury sees that little fact too!

Lisa Hepfner

Showing the photo of Meneses again in the hangar. She identifies the incinerator as being the machine over her right shoulder in the photo. She saw it again, one night, "they wanted to test it." #LauraBabcock

Millard picked Meneses and #Smich up. She doesn't remember if he already had the incinerator with him. They went to the farm. "They wanted to test it out for some reason." Meneses was told to stay in the car with her headphones in and not look.

"Then they came over to me and said *advertiser censored* we need a plug," so they went to the hangar, pulling the incinerator behind them with the GMC truck. Seems to be describing #Millard's Yukon. #LauraBabcock

If they were just testing it out, all innocent like, with "garbage from the Hangar" or "dead deer", why on earth would she need to be instructed to stay in the truck with her headphones on and not look???!!!

omg and they towed it....with the body in it?

Lisa Hepfner

They were at the farm for awhile, "at the back part," car was facing away from the barn so Meneses couldn't "pay attention," she says.

Meneses is describing how they drove along the dirt road that leads to the back of the barn, to photos the crown is displaying. #LauraBabcock

Car was parked in front and facing away from the big doors at the back of the barn. #Millard and #Smich went inside and didn't tell her what they were doing. She followed the instructions to not pay attention. "It happened all the time. I didn't really have a choice," she says

Millard and Smich attached the incinerator to the Yukon and they drove away. It was quite late at night, she says. Dark. At hangar the pair got an extension cord and plugged in the incinerator.

Meneses wanted to go home but #Smich told her if she left she'd be going back to her mother's house. She got weed from #Millard and went off to play with Millard's dog. She saw the incinerator working, making a crackling sound and sparking. She was told they were testing it

She saw smoke coming from the top of the machine, Meneses says. "It was quite awhile. I got annoyed because I wanted to go home, I ended up going to Dellen's car and passing out." She's pretty sure it took hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members