Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.22.17 - Day 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millard continues to go through this text conversation - they talk about girls. Christina Noudga, and a woman named Jen.

MIchalski, "You just wanna have good sex... Merry (his spelling) a stripper!"

Millard says, "You're talking about my relationships with women - just chasing girls around for sex?"

Michalski, "Yes."

Justice Michael Code interrupts, "I'm having a real hard time seeing where this is all going. This is of no relevance to this trial. Maybe you can try and get to the point?"

Millard starts to speak. Code cuts him off, "Get to the point."
by Shannon Martin 10:42 AM

Millard continues to go through this text conversation - they talk about girls. Christina Noudga, and a woman named Jen.

MIchalski, "You just wanna have good sex... Merry (his spelling) a stripper!"

Millard says, "You're talking about my relationships with women - just chasing girls around for sex?"

Michalski, "Yes."

Justice Michael Code interrupts, "I'm having a real hard time seeing where this is all going. This is of no relevance to this trial. Maybe you can try and get to the point?"

Millard starts to speak. Code cuts him off, "Get to the point."
by Shannon Martin 10:42 AM

Bahaha! (BBM)

Millard carries on with this text conversation.

Justice Michael Code has taken off his glasses, and rubs his eyes.

Millard changes topics now. He pulls up a photo of his father's firearms license and asks "Is this a photograph of my father?"

Michalski says, "Yes it is."
by Shannon Martin 10:46 AM

Twitter is silent. All I have to go by is the blog today. Sorry everyone, I'm not slacking, it's just really quiet.

Twitter is silent. All I have to go by is the blog today. Sorry everyone, I'm not slacking, it's just really quiet.
Thank you Velma for the info you provide. I thought it may be a good time to grab a drink, this could be a long cross [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Millard hands out another booklet to the jury - again no electronic copies so I can't see them myself, but Millard talks through them with the witness.

There is a photo of the hangar, Millard says "We had a big party to celebrate your birthday."

Another is of a helicopter, Millard says "I took you up in that, for a couple of joy rides?"
by Shannon Martin 10:50 AM

Thank you Velma for the info you provide. I thought it may be a good time to grab a drink, this could be a long cross [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It's pretty early in the day for a 'drink' (Eastern Time) where I am, but if you mean a coffee, I came prepared :D

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
21s21 seconds ago
More
Millard is taking former friend thru txt msgs where they discuss loss of sexual attraction to girlfriends and discuss strippers.

I used to think I'd love to be on a jury, but I'm not sure I could sit there and not roll my eyes and shake my head at what DM says and does...it seems he is just wasting court time by going down memory lane for his own benefit.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
16s16 seconds ago
More
Justice Code wonders aloud what the relevance of all this is?
Millard moves on to his prior drinking patterns and drug use.
Occasional coke

Does anyone recall in the TB trial that someone accused DM of hitting his dog, Pedo? I seem to remember something about that and I think it could be important because I think DM wants the jury to see him as a great dog lover and someone who would not harm a defenseless animal, unlike say, a sociopath might. I wish I could recall the details. Anyone?

All MOO

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
19s19 seconds ago
More
Millard asks Michalski how he behaved when he took coke.
Millard: Did I lose control?
Michalski:No
In 2012 Millard stopped drinking.

Does anyone recall in the TB trial that someone accused DM of hitting his dog, Pedo? I seem to remember something about that and I think it could be important because I think DM wants the jury to see him as a great dog lover and someone who would not harm a defenseless animal, unlike say, a sociopath might. I wish I could recall the details. Anyone?

All MOO
That was MS who said it. So who knows if true or just trying to turn the jury on DM

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
19s19 seconds ago
More
Millard asks Michalski how he behaved when he took coke.
Millard: Did I lose control?
Michalski:No
In 2012 Millard stopped drinking.

Stopped drinking, started incinerating. In the hierarchy of vices, I think he should have stuck to the sauce. MOO

All MOO

Yes, someone, but I can't remember who , was testifying and mentioned Millard beating his dog.
that line of questioning was shut down.

Millard changes topics now to substances use: drinking, marijuana, vaping, and some cocaine -- on a handful of occasions, he says.

"Did I lose control or get angry?" Millard asks. Michalski says he did not.

Millard says towards the end of their friendship, he stopped drinking altogether. Michalski agrees. At the same time, Michalski stopped smoking marijuana.

by Shannon Martin 10:56 AM

I used to think I'd love to be on a jury, but I'm not sure I could sit there and not roll my eyes and shake my head at what DM says and does...it seems he is just wasting court time by going down memory lane for his own benefit.

Perhaps it's all planned as grounds for an appeal - inadequate legal representation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike