Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.29.17 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millard stands at a wooden podium and reads this out loud:

"The parties agree the following is an accurate statement of fact: day of arrest. Dellen Millard and Mark Smich were arrested and charged with the murder of Laura Babcock on April 10, 2014."

Second admission:

Mr. Nando Larocuqe (spelling unknown) purchased a .32 calibre smith and weston firearm from Ms. Thersea Boisvert. This is the same gun that was found at Maple Gate in fall of 2012. On June 24, 2012, Mr. Larocoque sold it to Matthew Odlum (spelling unknown) in Toronto. When he sold it, there was no ammunition in it.

Code now tells the jury he needs their patience.

"We've got one final issue we've got to sort out. It's realistically going to take us the morning, I'm going to ask you to find a nice patio or restaurant and have a slow relaxed morning drinking good coffee, non alcoholic." (big laugh in the courtroom).

He says the court is making "good progress."

Jury is dismissed until 2:15 p.m. ET.

by Shannon Martin 10:59 AM

Lisa Hepfner @‏HefCHCHNews

Code tells jury he has to beg plead and grovel for their patience as another legal issue will take the rest of the morning. The jury should find a nice patio or restaurant and have a nice long lunch. Non alcoholic. Court laughs at that part.

Jury comes back at 2:15 but "we'll be working," he tells them.

Lisa Hepfner @‏HefCHCHNews

"Good morning members of the jury, sorry for the wait this morning." #Millard reads that he and #Smich were arrested Apr 10, 2014

Second admission is that a man named La Rocca sold a gun to another man, and that gun was eventually found at 5 Maple Gate. When La Rocca sold the gun it had no bullets in it.

Who is the 'another man'? DM?
Eta. Never mind. Further tweet clarified.

why would the arrest date need to be an admission?

Got it now, thankyou!! Sorry I couldn't see that for some reason, what was the date of the letter Dm wrote to CN?
I think before then BUT isn't April 10/2014 the day police searched CN house as well IIRC?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Well I'm hoping the judge is correct and DM's defense is going to be finalized soon! By the day's end if we're lucky. :)

All MOO

I don't see how this helps his defense! Guns flying in and out of Maple Gate?

The arrest date, so what, LE found out about it by accident much later...so?

why would the arrest date need to be an admission?
I think he's trying to say the crown made a mistake? Or tried to mislead?

DM admits he was arrested April 10, 2014 - the day his letters to CN were found. Crown asked the searching police officer whether DM had been arrested at the time of the search? (He had been charged but not arrested, he was in jail on the TB charges not LB charges).

So now I wonder if CN will be called to lie about the dates they were written?

Jmo

[video=twitter;702230269504331776]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/702230269504331776[/video]

Second admission:

Mr. Nando Larocuqe (spelling unknown) purchased a .32 calibre smith and weston firearm from Ms. Thersea Boisvert. This is the same gun that was found at Maple Gate in fall of 2012. On June 24, 2012, Mr. Larocoque sold it to Matthew Odlum (spelling unknown) in Toronto. When he sold it, there was no ammunition in it.

I'm not even sure how the .32 calibre fits into LB's death? We know DM purchased a PPK in February of 2012, and neither gun has been identified as used in this murder. Some folks are suggesting a gun was not the murder weapon.

Strange?

That link isn't working for me. My understanding though is that Matthew Odlum was accused along with Ish of selling the gun?

This link works:
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2014/04/12/ex-girlfriend-of-man-accused-in-bosma-murder-dead-before-even-reported-missing-report/

One of the accused, Mathew Odlum, 27, told the newspaper his case is connected, and as he understands the police allege he illegally sold a gun to Millard.

Matthew Ward-Jackson, 26, of Mississauga, and Matthew Jackson Wawrykiewicz, 28, of Aurora have also been charged with weapons trafficking.

These are the people who were arrested for trafficking the gun:

Matthew Odlum
[FONT=&quot]Matthew Jackson Wawrykiewicz,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew Ward Jackson

Holy cow, no wonder they had nicknames LOL

[/FONT]
https://www.therecord.com/news-story/4463220-bosma-case-charges-eliminate-hope-of-finding-babcock-alive/

These are the people who were arrested for trafficking the gun:

Matthew Odlum
[FONT=&quot]Matthew Jackson Wawrykiewicz,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew Ward Jackson

Holy cow, no wonder they had nicknames LOL

[/FONT]
https://www.therecord.com/news-story/4463220-bosma-case-charges-eliminate-hope-of-finding-babcock-alive/
Yes all the Matthews lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members