Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is such a hilarious story, I needed agood laugh ,the poor judge he must be going crazy to have to deal with DM.
DM used to complain that his father was to blame for his poor self image as achild because he let him eat too much pasta.

On another note, when DM does get convicted of M1, would the Crown possibly decide that DM will spend the rest of his years in prison and opt not to try him for the WM murder? I know that trials are costly but in this circumstance, I think they should go through with it regardless.

Snipped by me...
I agree - and I believe that the trial for Wayne Millard's murder will proceed. If for no other reason than... Dellen Millard's inheritance is likely to be impacted if he is found guilty of his father's murder.

And that's just a better attribution. There are many pilots, but relatively few serial killers.

A tip: because it's google, make sure you log off your gmail account if reporting multiple times.
I just went to google and reported DM. to change to murderer.
I also noticed a video of Paul Barnardo taken a few years ago, he looks drastically different now, I would never have recognized him if I saw his picture now.
He looks very thin and pasty white.
I can imagine what DM will look like after 10 years in prison.

And that's just a better attribution. There are many pilots, but relatively few serial killers.

A tip: because it's google, make sure you log off your gmail account if reporting multiple times.

Changing IPs would be helpful too... Did you know that people from around the world are reporting the same! At least every major city around the world that the VPNs at my disposal are located in. I took great pleasure reporting it when I was in Poland a few minutes ago. :pcguru:

I have just shared my feedback with Google. The are a lot of additional words I'd use to describe him but convicted murderer will do.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Apparently during the trial DM complained to the judge that he needs time outside for vitamin D and the lack of vitamin D has effected him and his thought processes, or something like that. Code responded with saying there are pills for vitamin D that he can buy at commissary.

Justice Code must be so ready to be done with this circus.

Good to hear how Justice Code quickly set things straight.

I wonder what vitamin deficiency DM is blaming for causing his thought processes to plan and then execute, the cold blooded murder of 3 innocent people? DM's uncle, RB said "I don't know what goes on in your head" (source : http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/mandel-an-uncles-distain-for-accused-killer-dellen-millard) Does DM know what goes on in his own head? How about MS?

It is interesting, to ponder if serial killers actually do or do not understand why they killed people. Do they "snap out of it" and look back on what they did with confusion?
In the Russell Williams confession, the detective asked him if he has thought about why he killed these women. Russell Williams replied, "yes, I have thought about it, and I don't have the answers. And I'm pretty sure, they wouldn't matter anyway"

It is obvious that neither DM or RW are, or were insane, both were fully capable functioning humans. But, clearly something must be cross-wired in their brains... to be capable of such heinous acts.
Regardless, they are responsible for their actions, they will both suffer the same fate, as will their victims and families. Everyone loses.

I just went to google and reported DM. to change to murderer.
I also noticed a video of Paul Barnardo taken a few years ago, he looks drastically different now, I would never have recognized him if I saw his picture now.
He looks very thin and pasty white.
I can imagine what DM will look like after 10 years in prison.

Thanks for the heads up... I followed suit... the more the merrier !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The image had the words "Fireside Furniture" captioned on it, so it was very credibly theorized that it was a sick joke about sitting around the incinerator. We can't know for sure what was intended though. Those sausage pictures were probably benign and unrelated to anything but one friend sending a sausage 'high five' to the other friend, perhaps after noticing the shape of a hand in the pan, or perhaps making that shape on purpose.

I still think the fireside furniture was something MS wanted to steal. He’d go out and about “tagging” items he and or DM wanted to steal. I can’t remember if I was proven to be a MS photo or a web photo.
I showed my dad the pics, he wanted me to make him that glow in the dark wood furniture for his trailer.

The sausage pic, now I don’t have any explanation to offer to that. Besides just a “high-five” or he’s hungry? It was a stupid pic and guys do send stupid pics/gifs (is that what they’re called gifs?) my husband sends me them and I’m always like “wtf is that and what does it mean?!” He always says “I thought it was funny”

JMO

Can any member of WS tell us?
Do prison inmates get tv, computers, internet?
In their cells, in common areas, unsupervised, not at all?
How many hours a day?
I would like to know. Thank-you.
I appreciate having access to so much knowledge here among members.

Paul Bernardo had access to a computer. He wrote a dystopian novel and had it briefly published on Amazon before it was taken down after complaints were received.

Eeesh. I found the arguments within the mistrial application to be quite telling.

The whole motion has left me feeling uneasy, and I can't exactly put my finger on it. So bear with me while I work through this.

I think its that it shows that DM and MS, are both lying little *****s, who know LB is dead, and that they both had something to do with it. It's like they both had to have clarification ahead of time that neither were going to point the finger, and say "he did it".

But now DM is in a tizzy, because of how TD worded his closing. He's saying "If I knew that was going to be your angle, I would have changed my story! We had an agreement, you broke it!"

It's like he's admitting, these are just stories. That defence tactics are just that, and they have the ability to tailor their stories accordingly. It's not that I'm surprised, I know they are both lying, but it's just unsettling to actually hear (read?) it out loud in the courtroom. The Babcock's must feel immense frustration.

Am I making sense?

Bbm
100% yes!! And those were my exact thoughts!

I wondered if DM and MS got together and made some arrangement just by how Dungey preformed in the trial. Didn’t say much, didn’t ask much. Some wording it sounded like he was representing DM (yes, I know he wasn’t)

JMO

If you Google "Dellen Millard" the stub shows on the right side of the screen. Below it is a "feedback" link.
When you click on that, the stub has a bunch of individual fields that you can click on and request a correction.

The "Canadian Aircraft Pilot" field - we have been asking them to correct to "Convicted Murderer", let's get the truth out.

Jump in and help - crowd-sourced correction - there is strength in numbers!!!

(If you do the same for Paul Bernardo, it says "Canadian Serial Killer". DM deserves no less....)

Done!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to Just4TB (I think it was you!) for dumbing it down and explaining exactly how to report this......seems like a huge oversight that DM is known as a Canadian aircraft pilot and not convicted murderer. I’ve given this feedback on all of my devices and computers....let’s make an impact.....he has earned his legacy.....MOO
Done as well

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Yes, your son is correct! I watched the same program last night.
Going forward they will have hot meals brought in for the accused. Last night it was chicken fillet and rice. Whatever.

Lmao....they should just give them their favourite!! Chunky soup and Fish crackers 😂

So I ended up bringing coffee and donuts for LB's parents. They invited me in to sit with their family and friends and we all had lunch together. They are such incredible people. It honestly was an experience that has been life changing, to spend time with her family. CB is so funny and just, I don't know. There aren't words to describe. So I'll just put a smiley face here. :)

Amazing Mozzagirl, I bet it was life changing. It’s also something that family will never forget! That There are still good, caring people in the world, in light of that darkness they have faced for 5 years! Thank you, I’m sure that meant the world to them 😊

Dungey was just sitting beside me talking to a reporter unofficially and he said he thinks there won't be a verdict until Saturday. He said he is going to go take a nap right now. Ridiculousness.

Well I’m sure he’s exhausted from having to deal with these clowns (MS and DM and the rest of the rejects in that group) I know I’d be!

Also, I was going to post Saturday verdict since the jury asked for time consuming closing statements that set back their verdict by one day.

Snipped by me...
I agree - and I believe that the trial for Wayne Millard's murder will proceed. If for no other reason than... Dellen Millard's inheritance is likely to be impacted if he is found guilty of his father's murder.
In essence if DM is found guilty in that case, is he ineligible to the inheritance? So that would lessen the $$'s in the civil case before him? Would DM's inheritance go to MB?

I have been following along since the beginning but not been posting at all. I have a few questions I wanted to ask, but since these things are never mentioned thought that they were not allowed.

. I'm curious about the death of an employee that DM was a witness to when younger, and also the suicide of a girlfriend. Given what we know now how is it possible? Coincidence???

Thank you!

I did some research as I was curious, and it seems that in Canada we only have what is called "Segregation". ... <snip>

Thank you, that was interesting! But, I believe that refers to federal correctional institutions, no? The federal system has different organization, rules, etc etc from the provincial systems. Ontario jails are not operated the same way but I don't know what all the differences are -- but there is such a thing as "protective custody" in provincial jails. Then, "segregation" is something else, and may have different divisions, as in your cited descriptions of federal practice.

I remember on my tour that the "protective custody" cells were pointed out (the ones visible were not occupied at that precise time- maybe not occupied period, I didn't get close as visitors weren't allowed on the range per se but could see from where we stood). The protective custody cells were tiny, I noticed, and thought how awful to be confined in one for any length of time. But of course jails are supposed to be for people sentenced to two years or less.

I found this article by Carol Goar which mentions p.c. in Ontario jails https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2013/11/21/prison_life_steeped_in_myths_goar.html. The segregation unit inmates I saw were in some kind of small group room, maybe a therapy or socialization kind of thing, as no guards were in the room (surely right outside). They weren't playing cards or watching TV (there wasn't a tv there, IIRC). I looked and found this recent post/article that mentions the small size of protective custody cells (wasn't DM in a protective custody cell at Barton St jail?) : https://hicksadams.ca/making-state-pay-abuse-prisoners/

One thing that really shocked me when I was on this tour was the assertion that there were no literacy programs or educational opportunities or skills training of anything at all for prisoners except what was provided by volunteers. Since many of those sent to jail - especially young people - are deficient in basic skills, I thought this was a serious shortfall. Kids emerge from jail with a PhD in various criminal skills, but unless they are very lucky, don't have a chance to learn to read or do math.

I have some neighbours who did literacy tutoring as volunteers at Maplehurst. Wonderful folks. They said the need was absolutely overwhelming, but they could only help a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500