Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

straight from the Jodi Arias mitigation stage...

"She told jurors that she had been a victim of abuse as an adult and as a child. She showed several family photos from holidays and vacations. She claimed she was a gentle person who caught spiders in cups and took them outside rather than kill them. "

https://www.cnn.com/2013/05/21/justice/arizona-jodi-arias-trial/index.html

I have a confession. I have not always been so kind to the Arachnid family.

attachment.php

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    159.1 KB · Views: 190
One thing I found odd was that neither of the accused took the opportunity to speak when given the opportunity. After sitting through both trials I am still left wondering which of these two actually pulled the trigger. You can theorize that it was Millard, after all, it was his girlfriend, his father, his truck. Why wouldn't Smich stand up yesterday and say "I'm sorry for my part in this, but I never killed anybody"? Then there is that text about the knife, Millard saying "I might ask you to use it someday". Perhaps it was Millard that supplied the tools and it was Smich that did the dirty work? This would seem to make sense, Millard as the ringleader couldn't speak because it would be an admission of guilt, while Smich is silenced by the knowledge that he was just a hit man, killing those that Millard directed him to.

It also has to be understood that both these guys will appeal their convictions, so they don't want to admit their involvement, but one has to think that if Smich simply aided in the planning and disposal phases, he would have spoken up, especially when the prospect of salvaging 25 years of your life is at stake.

One thing I found odd was that neither of the accused took the opportunity to speak when given the opportunity. After sitting through both trials I am still left wondering which of these two actually pulled the trigger. You can theorize that it was Millard, after all, it was his girlfriend, his father, his truck. Why wouldn't Smich stand up yesterday and say "I'm sorry for my part in this, but I never killed anybody"? Then there is that text about the knife, Millard saying "I might ask you to use it someday". Perhaps it was Millard that supplied the tools and it was Smich that did the dirty work? This would seem to make sense, Millard as the ringleader couldn't speak because it would be an admission of guilt, while Smich is silenced by the knowledge that he was just a hit man, killing those that Millard directed him to.

It also has to be understood that both these guys will appeal their convictions, so they don't want to admit their involvement, but one has to think that if Smich simply aided in the planning and disposal phases, he would have spoken up, especially when the prospect of salvaging 25 years of your life is at stake.

Did he not do that sort of thing when he was on the Stand in the Bosma trial. He gave a doozy of a story that admitted he was there, but was innocent of most actions that resulted in a severe crimes. i.e didn't help put Mr. Bosma in the incinerator.

Not sure what he could do different to help at sentencing?
MOO

Did he not do that sort of thing when he was on the Stand in the Bosma trial. He gave a doozy of a story that admitted he was there, but was innocent of most actions that resulted in a severe crimes. i.e didn't help put Mr. Bosma in the incinerator.

Not sure what he could do different to help at sentencing?
MOO

Perhaps there is some advantage for Smich to stay mum vis a vie an appeal. However, he could, if he had the moral courage to do the right thing... provide the court, the Bosma and Babcock families and the communities involved, the truth, about the events that led up to the murder of Tim and Laura.....but he didn't. He could have come clean, now, after all this heartache, but he didn't. If he had a conscience he would have. I'm more hardened towards him because he has stayed quiet about the truth of the murders. So, as much as I had hope for Smich dring the Bosma trial, I hope he never walks as a free man again.

bbm

And that silence, my friends, speaks volumes.

All MOO
Well didn't they have that agreement this time they wouldn't throw each other under the bus at this trial IIRC?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

"“He is a good friend to insects, and actually accompanies spiders outside,” she wrote."

Is it me, or does this line sound like it came directly out of the mouth of DM? Did he not write about one of these spider encounters in his letters to CN? A tale worthy of the sycophant fox telling, IMO.

and this one by Pillay also sounds like a DM self assessment.

BBM

Pillay says Millard had an "advantaged childhood" and was "advanced beyond his years."
by Adam Carter 3:26 PM

MOO
Lol, cool story. He treats insects better than he treats humans.

It would have just been the two of them pointing the finger at the other. Which in my opinion, makes them both look equally guilty, which they are.

Seriously? DM had his cellmate (another convicted murderer) write him a letter. OMG! How laughable is that?

Honestly, I think he put his roomie up to the task and knows it's ridiculous. He's just looking for the limelight again. Something to make him stand apart and be noticed.

What a piece of work he is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back