LE Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, before I joined WS I lurked in some of the forums here and saw how posters seemed to get overinvested in cases. Then this case happened. I totally get it now. I won't say that I love this little boy, because I never knew him..... but I totally get it now, how it's easy to become emotionally invested in a case when you follow it closely.

Imagine being the gumshoes out there on the ground, interviewing people, learning all kinds of nefarious, grotesque things that we probably can hardly imagine. I don't think that LE is always right--I don't think that they never make mistakes, but I DO think that they should be respected for what they must endure.

If we "care" about Kyron, can you imagine how these men and women feel as they have invested every waking day into this investigation since Day 1? I am almost afraid to hear what they've learned in the past 100 days.

I'm grateful to have you guys to share with about this case, even though I don't agree with everyone on everything about this case, I've no doubt that everyone in this forum wants the perp prosecuted to the fullest extent, and then some.

:grouphug:

The same epiphany hit me the first time in Adrianna Wix's case. I accept the investment now but OH does it hurt!

Now that I think about it, it's not that odd that the Port police got involved; there were early searches all along the river, Kelly Point Park etc.. several properties that abut Port property (surprised the railroad's cops aren't in on it) but I confess, I wasn't expecting Troutdale, Fairview and all of East freakin' County to be involved too.

Oh my..

loves2bmom, hugs to you.. I understand how you felt in that moment.

Here is a transcript of an interview with Stanton from July 2, 2010, in which he states back then about scaling back team/investigative focus, and also mentions the participation of ort of Portland, Troutdale, Fairview forces.

It is also just an incredible read....especially in hindsight of today's pressor...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

snipped:
"Staton: "The other agencies we've been supported by the Portland Police Bureau, the Port of Portland Police, we've been supported by Troutdale, Fairview, Gresham, Beaverton Police Department, the list goes on ... there's no specific group, we're just on this rotational piece. They'll pull out to get things organized within their own organizations, and other agencies have then brought people into cover for that. It's just been a constant rotation. I can give you a list of agencies, but the agencies are astronomical that have actually stepped up and said, 'We're here.'"

On a side note, IMO, the end of the pressor to me does indicate that they have potentially uncovered a pretty sinister situation, including a possible ring. That they still do not express concern that other children in the community are in danger of being kidnapped indicates to me says it is possible that whoever was responsible for Kyron missing from the school knew him, and may have lead him towards bad people who are involved in something larger than expected...

If this case is turning out involve all these other communities, how can Kyron's abduction be considered an "isolated" case? After this presser, if I lived up there, I'd be asking a whole lot of questions if I still had kids in school. Gosh, this sounds so ominous.

When they asked him about the "other cases" comment, He said not necessarily cases, but I believe he said "concerns", that the detectives have developed some concerns that will need to be addressed. One of which would be involving the portland police bureau. This press conference really is sounding like this thing is waaay bigger than I thought it was.[/

Yeah. That caught my ear, too. He looked especially uncomfortable and then talked about the "concerns" and how they would be shared with other LE (I didn't catch a direct ref to PDX LE, but I'm half deaf). I'm with you. Whatever happened to Ky is "waaay bigger than I thought it was."

So if the investigation has narrowed and Staton thinks it's on the right track (TH being the focus) *and* we have hints of larger "concerns" ...

A new thread?

When asked if people would be shocked to find out what they know, Staton took a long silence.

"I know I'm taking a long pause on that I have to think through that answer. I think there are things that come out of this investigation that will surprise you, that you'll think about later on when it's over. We have a knowledge of things we don't want to know about ... of things we wish we didn't know," he added.

The FBI would remain active, along with Port of Portland Police, Portland Police, Fairview and Troutdale departments. Staton added that Multnomah County would play about a 30 percent role.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Sheriff-No-evidence-Kyron-Horman-is-not-alive-103003704.html

Is there a raw video link to the press conference ?

Stanton's last comment (thud) reminds me of the visceral reaction Desiree had a few weeks back at a presser when she said that what she read in TH's emails made her sick.

Seems obvious that the sharp focus is still on Terri. I wish someone would ask him again about Skyline kids and kids in area schools not being at risk, that this was an isolated incident.

and I thought the focus was obviously not on Terri. and I agree. i wish someone would ask about the risk to the community.

When asked if people would be shocked to find out what they know, Staton took a long silence.

"I know I'm taking a long pause on that I have to think through that answer. I think there are things that come out of this investigation that will surprise you, that you'll think about later on when it's over. We have a knowledge of things we don't want to know about ... of things we wish we didn't know," he added.

This is confusing to me because I don't understand how they can have knowledge of unsavory things but not know Kyron's status or have a smoking gun...I guess I don't see the connection yet--it's too vague.

Stanton's last comment (thud) reminds me of the visceral reaction Desiree had a few weeks back at a presser when she said that what she read in TH's emails made her sick.

I've always wondered about what Desiree meant.

If we are thinking the same thing, then no wonder she's so convinced Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, and that he's alive, stashed somewhere!

But what I don't understand is how can she be enduring this?

I would be in a mental hospital by now.

This thread will be closing soon. Please feel free to open new topic threads based on what we heard in the presser.

I've opened one already: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114430"]Is a trafficking ring involved in this case? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There is also a thread already about the scaling down of the task force: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114405"]Sheriff refocuses Kyron investigation: a smaller task force will take over... - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Also, in less than an hour Levi Page will be discussing this on his show: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114431"]Levi Page Show 9/15 9 PM ET - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Pat Brown will be Levi's guest and we are urged to call in with questions.

and I thought the focus was obviously not on Terri. and I agree. i wish someone would ask about the risk to the community.

I would think at this point if the focus was not on Terri, LE would be treating her the same as the rest of the family, keeping her informed on the speed of the investigation. I highly doubt if Terri was to speak she would say she is very pleased with LE in the investigation.
If LE felt the community was in danger, at this point I think something would be mentioned.

I've read OregonLive and the authorities have not said one word if they know what happened to that little boy. "No smoking gun" is what they said, and they didn't brief the parents about scaling back the investigation, but they say it's "NOT a cold case". WTH?

This is confusing to me because I don't understand how they can have knowledge of unsavory things but not know Kyron's status or have a smoking gun...I guess I don't see the connection yet--it's too vague.

You know, that's a good point.

I pray the whole house of cards fall... I have always felt that this was more than a m urder by the step mom... I've done ALOT of digging over the last months and have found alot of strange connections.. DeDe's ex especially... JMO... I think they need to start there.. or they did already.... I'm sure they did... ;)

Here is a transcript of an interview with Stanton from July 2, 2010, in which he states back then about scaling back team/investigative focus, and also mentions the participation of ort of Portland, Troutdale, Fairview forces.

It is also just an incredible read....especially in hindsight of today's pressor...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

snipped:
"Staton: "The other agencies we've been supported by the Portland Police Bureau, the Port of Portland Police, we've been supported by Troutdale, Fairview, Gresham, Beaverton Police Department, the list goes on ... there's no specific group, we're just on this rotational piece. They'll pull out to get things organized within their own organizations, and other agencies have then brought people into cover for that. It's just been a constant rotation. I can give you a list of agencies, but the agencies are astronomical that have actually stepped up and said, 'We're here.'"

On a side note, IMO, the end of the pressor to me does indicate that they have potentially uncovered a pretty sinister situation, including a possible ring. That they still do not express concern that other children in the community are in danger of being kidnapped indicates to me says it is possible that whoever was responsible for Kyron missing from the school knew him, and may have lead him towards bad people who are involved in something larger than expected...

Thank you so very much for digging that out! Now that I have taken a moment to think about it (I really should engage brain before fingertips more often...)
see below

If this case is turning out involve all these other communities, how can Kyron's abduction be considered an "isolated" case? After this presser, if I lived up there, I'd be asking a whole lot of questions if I still had kids in school. Gosh, this sounds so ominous.

Right, so thinking about the other agencies, but also about which teams of MSCO have been impacted...
I wonder if the other departments arent' helping out to fill in some of MSCO's regular duties. Specifically, patrol was mentioned.. those other PDs could be picking up some of the slack in traffic and other sorts of patrol if MSCO personnel we retained solely on the investigation.

Maybe not such a big deal, after I think about it. (I mean c'mon, what else are the Fairview cops up to, tee hee)
(KIDDING Fairview cops.. I know you're working hard!)

Wow, another good memory. Yes.

In before the lock?

IF he is alive...

It just makes me think of that old adage that some things are worse than death.

:( :( :( :( :(

I disagree. He's very young. If he did undergo some horrific thing, he could definitely come back to lead a healthy, loving, productive and useful life. Of course he would need counseling, but as long as there is life, there is hope.

This is my first thread (took me four days to find the "new thread" button) and I didn't see a similar one. I'm just wondering if last week's presser changed anyone's mind, got anyone off the fence, or put anyone back on it, and why.

I would try to do a poll but it took me this long to figure out how to do the thread. I'd have to wait another week to figure that out, lol!

i didn't find any new info from the pc last week so i believe le has no idea who took kyron. and as the fence represents terri's innocence - no, no changes there either. she is innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74