LE serves search warrant on family home #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have changed his account due to the stress and shock of the early days as well. He could have had a better memory later on when he was over the initial trauma of finding his baby missing.

And the science on memory consolidation tells us that these small variations are normal processes. We ALL "evolve" our memories, we just don't realize we do. As you discuss things and pull the memory out for inspection you can mildly alter it while it is "reconsolidating" so to say. While it's in short term, there is the tendency for us to revise our memories slightly so that they line up more with our thought out logic. This is why witness statements are taken as soon as possible and in isolation from other witnesses- those memories are very open for suggestion. Logically though, all of us think our memories are concrete, but they aren't.

It would actually be a bigger concern if the story was always the same phrasing. Consistent, but more likely rehearsed.

This of course does not account for major discrepancies such as 10:30 vs. 6:40 as last check.

Hello everyone...first post here. I just have a random thought about the light being on in her room. If I was to come home and notice my son's light was on at 3 in the am, - or whenever he did come home, that is the first place i would look. It is not normal for an 11 month old to have their light on that late in the evening. Also, didn't I hear somewhere that this is the first late night shift JI has worked, or worked in a while. Isn't this just weird the night he has to do a late night shift is the same night his daughter disappears?

pentagram.png

fullshotpent.jpg

Lovely. Can't wait to see the hysterical "satanic" media spin with this. Next thing we know, it'll be the daycare satanic abuse case all over again. :rolleyes:

Well, Debbie does call it "The Omen House". :devil:

And the science on memory consolidation tells us that these small variations are normal processes. We ALL "evolve" our memories, we just don't realize we do. As you discuss things and pull the memory out for inspection you can mildly alter it while it is "reconsolidating" so to say. While it's in short term, there is the tendency for us to revise our memories slightly so that they line up more with our thought out logic. This is why witness statements are taken as soon as possible and in isolation from other witnesses- those memories are very open for suggestion. Logically though, all of us think our memories are concrete, but they aren't.

It would actually be a bigger concern if the story was always the same phrasing. Consistent, but more likely rehearsed.

This of course does not account for major discrepancies such as 10:30 vs. 6:40 as last check.

Very true! I learned this in my trial advocacy class. Small inconsistencies, like which lights were on, are actually normal. I could even see the change between 6:40 and 7:30, given the traumatic event.

6:40 and 10:30 is a significant inconsistency, and not something that could be changed by suggestible memory, recovery from trauma, etc. Possible to be explained by "I wanted to say I checked on her again because I didn't want anyone calling me a bad mother," but there has to be an explanation. That inconsistency isn't small enough to be a minor change.

investigative reporting....I'll give that a big "F" grade.

I also relayed my my own experience when my son had a seizure last Thursday. Everything happened so fast ,I was functioning,but later that day I couldn't remember the sequence of what happened between seeing him limp and getting him into the car.
My husband also commented "when I had my ears to his chest to make sure his breathing was okay" I don't remember that at all ,but I was right there.

And yes,the media often muddles up the facts. We have to weed through actual documents and comments from those involved to know what's really going on. JMO

How frightening! I hope your son is OK now. :hug:

As for the 'pentagram' headline, all I can say is :nuts::nuts::nuts::ufo:

The star is pointing up, so it's a hippy Wiccan. :p I don't think the worshippers of mother earth took off with Lisa. I could be wrong though. It wouldn't be the first time. :)

There's a lovely 3/4 moon too! :crazy:

If the Irwins have a sewer inside their house, Imma hafta redo this floor plan. :(

The 6:40 when she put her to bed, possibly 7:30 checking on her cannot be confirmed but she originally said she checked on her at 10:30 which she re-canted. So we have almost 4 hours of more time that Lisa cannot be accounted for.

4 hours to possibly hide and move 'things'.

And see - he failed to mention that in Megyn's interview. When MK asked what lights were on he said:

1) Light in the living room

2) 2 lights in the kitchen

3) "accent lights" in the computer room

4) a "pumpkin light" also in the computer room.

He never once mentioned the bedrooms and what lights he found on or off there.

I really want to know if the boy's bedroom light was on and if not then why not? An intruder wouldn't know who is in what bedroom without turning a light on - KWIM?

This edges even closer to the "perp" being someone known to that house!

JMHO

Dang good catch WOO. Every day we learn something new.

imo

First of all the pentagram if thats what it is doesnt even have a circle around it, this is kids playing around, secondly the pentagram does not symbolize devil worshipping either. Here is some info on what a pentagram stands for for those that want to do and Oh, how do we know thats not the star of David because they are the same thing..

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram"]Pentagram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Oh and PS.. a satanic pentagram, the bottom point of the star is always quite a bit longer. They arent even and this one is..

I totally agree with this.

I was a victim of an armed robbery a few months ago. When the guy robbed me, I initially told police that he asked if we were still selling beer (He took beer, cigarettes, and money). It was only when the adrenaline stopped pumping and I was able to think more cleary that I remembered that he actually asked WHERE the beer was. That's what I told the detective on my next interview. My story didn't change, per se, but I was able to remember things that at first were clouded by shock and adrenaline. JM2cents :)
Yes and the truth didn't change there either, just had more clarity with time to reflect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname