Lee Anthony's CMA reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read somewhere that Caylee called Lee "Uncle E"? My brain is failing me today. Too much grief. Is it possible that if Caylee called Lee "Uncle E" (because she couldn't yet pronounce the L in Lee) that he would have joked back with her calling her CMA? That would make her pause and giggle. Maybe it grew into pet names for each other. I don't think Lee was referencing Casey. His statement felt real and true, full of pain that his sweet little niece is gone.

I'm listening to Lee's words again. Obviously he's not addressing KC. He says "each day you teach me how life should be lived" etc.

I watched it again. O.k., yeah, that part definitely sounds like he's talking to Caylee. I want to know what promise he made and was it to Caylee? It was just weird that he said CMA, but I understand that maybe he couldn't actually say Caylee' name because of grief. It just came across as odd to me.

To me it seems it was exclusively for Caylee, when I read it over.

i thought lee was talking about KC when he said CMA...casey marie anthony, he spoke in the present tense....

This had to be directed at KC..He's begging her to come clean..IMHO

For those of us that will never be the same again I ask that you fill your heart with hope & compassion & truth and I ask you to allow your concience to speak for you when your mind can't comprehend the right words to say.

I totally agree with this..

cynthia m
casey m
caylee m

marie is the common name to all 3 of them.

I agree. I thought it was strange. Why wouldn't he say Caylee, not CMA?

Maybe CMA was his nick name for Caylee.
Or maybe it's just to hard for him to say her name right now so
calling her CMA makes it easier.

"For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have. For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you fill your heart with hope and compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it. Today is the day to remember today is the day to pay tribute. Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity in strength.

I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken. CMA, it will never be the same again. CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA. I miss you, I love you. CMA. I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget."

It was really beautiful, I didn't think he had it in him. Now let's pray he keeps that promise. :crossfingers:

"For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand (maybe directed at KC?) - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have. For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you fill your heart with hope and forgiveness. You allow yourself to cope and heal. Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. (possibly to KC again - let your conscience speak) I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it. Today is the day to remember today is the day to pay tribute. Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity in strength.

I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. (is it missing KC or Caylee or both?) I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken. CMA, it will never be the same again. CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD(i think this is a jab at KC) be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA. I miss you, I love you. CMA. I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. (all this sounds like its directed to Caylee imo) I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget. (i think when she was missing he promised he would find out who did it to her and punish them)"

Magenta is my thoughts

I watched it again. O.k., yeah, that part definitely sounds like he's talking to Caylee. I want to know what promise he made and was it to Caylee? It was just weird that he said CMA, but I understand that maybe he couldn't actually say Caylee' name because of grief. It just came across as odd to me.

I bet it was a promise to Caylee. A promise to bring justice.

I can't imagine any promise he could have made to KC that wouldn't be all over the internet by now.

yea, what tattoo? im curios what did he promise and won't forget? i think there is a message for casey in there
also i think the family definitely demonstrated the fact that they are going to help casey in anyway and they forgive her

This was obvious to me.

When Lee said that 'they were united', I kinda felt that way too!

I would like to see a transcript of his speech b/c there were other things that caught my attention.

I know what that comment meant to me. Regardless of what they know or how they feel about KC's guilt, all three will stand by and support her.

The memorial was touching and beautiful. I'm glad for all involved it went well. However, sorry guys, I can't help thinking part of the motive behind the public memorial was to gain sympathy for the family which might trickle down and help KC.

I honestly believe they know KC murdered Caylee, but if given the chance would welcome her back into their life as if nothing happened. All would go on with their life and pretend the Nanny killed Caylee.

For those of us that will never be the same again I ask that you fill your heart with hope & compassion & truth and I ask you to allow your concience to speak for you when your mind can't comprehend the right words to say.

ITA. I could definitely see this.

I think you are right.

"For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand (maybe directed at KC?) - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have. For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you fill your heart with hope and[cut out] compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. (possibly to KC again - let your conscience speak) I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it. Today is the day to remember today is the day to pay tribute. Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity in strength.

I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. (is it missing KC or Caylee or both?) I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken. CMA, it will never be the same again. CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD(i think this is a jab at KC) be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA. I miss you, I love you. CMA. I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. (all this sounds like its directed to Caylee imo) I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget. (i think when she was missing he promised he would find out who did it to her and punish them)"

Magenta is my thoughts

Thanks for breaking that down. I agree and think that he was referring to both when he said, "I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete."

This was obvious to me.

I know what that comment meant to me. Regardless of what they know or how they feel about KC's guilt, all three will stand by and support her.

The memorial was touching and beautiful. I'm glad for all involved it went well. However, sorry guys, I can't help thinking part of the motive behind the public memorial was to gain sympathy for the family which might trickle down and help KC.

I agree with everything you said, except your last sentence. The A's needed this. It was cathartic for them, everyone who attended, and many of us too.

I bet it was a promise to Caylee. A promise to bring justice.

I can't imagine any promise he could have made to KC that wouldn't be all over the internet by now.

That makes sense. I really hope he does help bring justice for Caylee.

Or how about "the family is still behind you, and hasn't told any of what we know. Keep the faith."
I agree. I think the comments WERE directed towards Cayce. He sounded so off-kilter. And the comment, I will never forget or break the promise I made to you. That really made me think he was talking to Cayce.

I found this choice of words interesting. Do you think he was referring to Caylee or speaking in code about Casey?

I thought he was referring to Caylee, because he kissed his Caylee bracelet, but now I'm rethinking my reaction.

It caught in my throat when he said that, but I think this was an inside joke. I thought it was weird that Caylee's room had C M A on the wall instead of Caylee's name. I think he may have been referring to that, he called her C M A to tease and she called him Uncle E because when she started talking she couldn't get the L out, the grown ups picked up on the E and it probably became a family joke.

I agree. I thought it was strange. Why wouldn't he say Caylee, not CMA?

I am kind of torn between who he was referring to also.

But it did occur to me that since Caylee called him as Uncle E, maybe that was a joke between them and he in turn referred to her as CMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member