Lee Anthony's CMA reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think the comments WERE directed towards Cayce. He sounded so off-kilter. And the comment, I will never forget or break the promise I made to you. That really made me think he was talking to Cayce.

He promised Caylee he would never forget her, he would make sure the person responsible would pay.

You notice Lee didn't stand there and say poor Casey I miss you....

"For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have. For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you fill your heart with hope and forgiveness. You allow yourself to cope and heal. Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it. Today is the day to remember today is the day to pay tribute. Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity in strength.

I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken. CMA, it will never be the same again. CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA. I miss you, I love you. CMA. I am so proud of you.[ I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget."

The text in red is the portion edited out of the Sentinel's recording of Lee's speech. I haven't checked the 2nd part of his speech to see if anything was edited out of the raw recording.

Maybe CMA was his nick name for Caylee.
Or maybe it's just to hard for him to say her name right now so
calling her CMA makes it easier.

I really believe this as well - it's just unfortunate that Casey having the same initials and so much prior talking in "code" makes us naturally assume he was talking to her in some veiled way. I just cannot reconcile the aggravation with Casey in Lee's voice on the jailhouse phone call, etc, with the statement today that CMA teaches him how to live every day. No way does that seem to refer to Casey, in my opinion.

I kind of wonder if the family has accepted the fact that Casey was responsible for Caylee's death, but they cannot accept that it could have been a deliberate act, and they believe that it had to have been accidental. And Lee's plea for "answers that the family needs" could have been a plea to Casey to confess. If this is the case, I am sure they are very concerned with the representation that she is getting. And that definitely seems to be the case.

Did I read somewhere that Caylee called Lee "Uncle E"? My brain is failing me today. Too much grief. Is it possible that if Caylee called Lee "Uncle E" (because she couldn't yet pronounce the L in Lee) that he would have joked back with her calling her CMA? That would make her pause and giggle. Maybe it grew into pet names for each other. I don't think Lee was referencing Casey. His statement felt real and true, full of pain that his sweet little niece is gone.

It caught in my throat when he said that, but I think this was an inside joke. I thought it was weird that Caylee's room had C M A on the wall instead of Caylee's name. I think he may have been referring to that, he called her C M A to tease and she called him Uncle E because when she started talking she couldn't get the L out, the grown ups picked up on the E and it probably became a family joke.

Great minds think alike!:blowkiss:

It hasn't been proven anywhere that the green buttons are for KC. Local 6 said they were for Caylee.

here's the whole text:
i'd like to take this opportunity to thank eveyrone who has had any sort of role in making today a special day. thank you.

if i could ask anything from somebody that was willing to hear it, it would be this: for those of us that are frightened, or angry or mournful, or that just don't understand, i ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace, and that you allow yourself to yield any judgments you may already have. for those of us who will never be the same again, i ask that you feel, fill your heart with hope and forgiveness and you allow yourself to cope and heal. finally, for those of us who have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers my family deserves, i ask that you fill your heart with compassion and truth. And i ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. i sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is you need to take. if it's closure you seek here today, i certainly hope you're able to find it. today is the day to remember...today is the day to pay tribute...today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity and strength.
i've gotta tell you, it's hard to stand up here being the pillar of strength. this family IS united, but this family is incomplete....i'm incomplete...i'm broke. C.M.A. (kisses wrist) C.M.A. each day you continue to teach me about life, about the way it should be lived. each day you give me the ability to be strong, or to be weak. it's been so long since i've been able to see you, or to hug you, or to tell you how much you mean to me. C.M.A. I miss you. I love you. C.M.A. I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will NEVER forget the promise that I've made to you. I will never forget.

imo his whole speach was directed for Casey's ears, everything seemed to stiff and studied. When both George and Cindy spoke I felt they were speaking from the heart and mourning Caylee, when Lee spoke I did feel he was just wanting to get a message in code to Casey.
I cried during the memorial for the loss of this beautiful girl, she deserved so much better and I hate that this memorial was used to try and manipulate any type of help for Casey.

If he did get a tattoo with CMA and those initials are all the same for Cindy, Casey and Caylee, imo there is just something to odd there, I would need to make it for the one I was honoring.

VB

The text in red is the portion edited out of the Sentinel's recording of Lee's speech. I haven't checked the 2nd part of his speech to see if anything was edited out of the raw recording.

Thanks for the correction, I'll go back and add it in.

I think the button Lee was wearing is a support Casey button. Watch Cindy at 17:19 she grabs the green button and says Casey "I love you"

http://www.wftv.com/video/18682272/index.html

So Lee did not wear a Caylee button.

Thanks. I think you are correct. We can read all the good intentions we want into this family, but that doesn't make it so.

This was all more of a presidential inauguration acceptance speech to me.

No doubt in my mind, Lee was speaking of Caylee. I think he had to use her initials because to say her name would've caused him to completely break down. His sincerity is clear, his allegiance is to Caylee Marie.

I'm in total agreement, justhinkin.

I admit, hearing him use the initials took me by surprise at first, and I wondered why. Then came the tears, those kisses on the wrist (perhaps he was kissing a bracelet or a tattoo, or both, who knows)...it was obvious how difficult it was for him and that he was breaking with each word. I have no doubt those sentiments, those words were meant just for little Caylee.

Did I read somewhere that Caylee called Lee "Uncle E"? My brain is failing me today. Too much grief. Is it possible that if Caylee called Lee "Uncle E" (because she couldn't yet pronounce the L in Lee) that he would have joked back with her calling her CMA? That would make her pause and giggle. Maybe it grew into pet names for each other. I don't think Lee was referencing Casey. His statement felt real and true, full of pain that his sweet little niece is gone.

I was thinking the same. Just posted as I hadn't gotten as far your post yet.

And the promise he made may have been a promise he made to Caylee that he would find how what happened to her.

"This family is united" "I will never forget my promise to you."

It was a strange (and esoteric) message if it was for Caylee.

Could the nervousness have been knowing LE would not approve of the veiled message?

what could he have promised a 2 year old? Most certainly a message to Casey.

Why would Lee want Casey to "be proud of him." How does KC show him "how life SHOULD be lived". And lastly what will Lee "never forget"? You don't say "never forget" about people that are alive.

what could he have promised a 2 year old? Most certainly a message to Casey.

Easy - that he would find out what really happened to her or that he would never forget her, or that he would never let her be forgotten, etc.

This was obvious to me.

I know what that comment meant to me. Regardless of what they know or how they feel about KC's guilt, all three will stand by and support her.

The memorial was touching and beautiful. I'm glad for all involved it went well. However, sorry guys, I can't help thinking part of the motive behind the public memorial was to gain sympathy for the family which might trickle down and help KC.

I disagree, the public memorial wasn't their idea, they were generous enough with everyone to share parts of Caylee's life, this memorial was going to happen today with them or without them, put on by the church.

I think Jose sealed KC's fate by reading her statement. "This isn't what I want, her remains aren't being handled the way I want. This is all them, them, them. Poor me, me, me..."

I think she gave up the right to decide how the public proceeds when she left her baby's body like a sack of trash, not telling where she was, not telling what she knows. Lie, after lie, after lie. Well KC you made your bunk now lie in it by yourself all the way to the state pen for the rest of your natural life.

I believe he used the initials for both Caylee and Casey. He kissed the wrist band--twice. One for Caylee--one for Casey? JMHO.

He did say something about conscience and I couldn't tell if he was referring to Casey or not.

Very sad.

I noticed this also.Why 2 kisses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads