Lee Has An Attorney! REVISIT OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, well, to use my husband's favorite phrase, "its neither here nor there".

While there COULD be some dark, seedy reason why Lee needs an attorney to watch his back, it could also be as simple as someone having made that suggestion. Maybe even George and Cindy's lawyer gave him that advice.

Now that they have the body, all bets are off...they're going to push and push HARD in court. Anyone without legal advice/representation is going to get caught offguard when being questioned. He could just want to "be prepared" for the whole thing.

Until they (LE) give more details about the additional evidence found with the body, and fingerprints from others that might have been preserved, Im not going to automatically crucify anyone but Miss Psycho Casey.

Since when does an innocent uncle of a murder victim need an attorney?

Watching the Jailhouse conversations between LA and KC, I felt he was going through the motions. Like asking basic questions he would be expected to ask because he knew he was being recorded. If he didnt assist KC, he surely knew once details were out. I believe KC owns him somehow, perhaps via the DNA question of Caylee's parentage or through years of brother and sister having the goods on each other. DNA connecting him as father would at minimum mean he withheld pertinent info early in the case.

As far as an atty for LA and questioning whether he just lacks enough skills to deal with all this, heck, he managed to keep out of the limelight almost the whole time and blatantly refused early DNA and fingerprint samples. He is a tough nut and likely just as calloused as KC. Remember also, that an Atty can also represent clients in book deals, movies and other financial "opportunities". this family is so dysfunctional its sickening.

Well, since there are so many rumors that many assume are fact (ie German Gonzalez when the meter reader's name was really Roy Kronk), I think he's smart to get legal representation, especially if he didn't have any connection with this whole sad case...except to be the uncle of a murdered child and brother of her alledged murderer. Despite the conjecture, I've as yet seen no concrete proof he had anything to do with all this. If indeed he is a father-to-be, he's got a lot more than just his reputation riding on the outcome of this case.

All the people involved will get an attorney if they're smart. It doesn't mean that they're guilty. It means that they are smart enough to hire someone who can protect their interests. Casey has proven to be a liar. Practically every word out of her mouth is a lie.
You can believe that she and her lawyers will be flinging mud like crazy hoping that it will stick to somone and cause reasonable doubt.
Wouldn't you want a lawyer helping you if there was someone like her in your life in this situation? I would.

1. There are many reasons people get attorneys.
2. If I was in his shoes, I would also get an attorney.

Here's a flip side of the story that no one seems to mention:
Why now? Maybe he didn't think it was really Caylee before. The truth really hit home and he's panicked so he's hired one for legal counsel. - To protect Caylee, to protect himself against Casey's slander, etc.

Being that the identification of Caylee was based on Nuclear DNA (combination of both mother and father), LE now knows who Caylee's father is. Could this be the reason Lee hired an attorney?

Since when does a meter man who finds the body of a child need a lawyer?

Everyone has the right to hire legal representation or seek legal advice should the need arise. No doubt with the discovery of Caylee's body, George, Cindy and Lee are all going to come under question and suspicion will be cast on their roles - if any - in the death and disposal of Caylee.

He should have got a lawyer a long time ago, IMO.

PhoneBoothBandit, did I say that Lee did not have a right to a lawyer? NO.

Since when does an innocent uncle of a murder victim need an attorney?

Watching the Jailhouse conversations between LA and KC, I felt he was going through the motions. Like asking basic questions he would be expected to ask because he knew he was being recorded. If he didnt assist KC, he surely knew once details were out. I believe KC owns him somehow, perhaps via the DNA question of Caylee's parentage or through years of brother and sister having the goods on each other. DNA connecting him as father would at minimum mean he withheld pertinent info early in the case.

As far as an atty for LA and questioning whether he just lacks enough skills to deal with all this, heck, he managed to keep out of the limelight almost the whole time and blatantly refused early DNA and fingerprint samples. He is a tough nut and likely just as calloused as KC. Remember also, that an Atty can also represent clients in book deals, movies and other financial "opportunities". this family is so dysfunctional its sickening.

I don't know the legal aspects, but he has every right to keep that a secret. I doubt that it's true - but if it is, nobody deserves to be harassed for something like that. Yes, most of us consider it wrong or whatever but he has the right to a life of privacy. It's illegal but I dont think it was pertinent to the case.

:furious:NO IMMUNUITY FOR ANY OF THE ANTHONEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:furious:

Do you know when a decision will be made on this? I agree, NO immunity and put the DP back on the table. :behindbar

I am NO fan of LA...I think he potentially helped KC in some way BUT, I also think there is the possiblity that he is getting ready for an attack from the defense. I think Jose is going to be as SHADY as he needs to be in the effort to win this case (as been proven thus far). All the defense needs to do is prove reasonable doubt so therefore, regardless as to whether any of the A's had anything to do with it, KC, is going to be willing to throw them ALL, collectively under the bus in an effort of self preservation.

I have my own feelings on the A's....I think they all had a hand in a possible cover up after the fact, whether they realized it or not, I am trying to reserve judgment (and not doing a good job most days, after all, CA washed pants, LA and his actions with the puter, GA with the car, decomp in the trunk, etc. etc.etc). I bounce back and forth in the seat of this roller coaster. Some days I believe they have known for quite some time that KC killed Caylee and tried to cover up for her. Then there are other days when I want to believe in the love that is SUPPOSED to be felt for a child and I wonder if they really truly wanted to believe her so much that they thought the non-existant nanny was JUST THAT GOOD at making the finger point at KC and they were trying to stop that from happening (in a "backwards sort of way)

I guess my point is, sorry, O/T, this whole case has made me crazy and question humanity and how ANY ONE can turn their back on a 2 year old child and remain silent. I hope LA has a good lawyer because even IF he had nothing to do with this, KC is not going to have a problem with the big finger of justice being pointing at ANYONE other than herself...JMHO of course

Wasn't it Lee that sold the picture rights to 20/20? If this is true, I wonder if he kept it for himself and I wonder if it pissed off GA and CA. Lee went missing and I wonder if it was because he collected some money on the murder of his niece. Maybe he just hit the jackpot and thought he could just disappear. I guess he finally realized he was already in too deep so he'd better get an attorney.

**Respectfully Snipped**
Wouldn't you want a lawyer helping you if there was someone like her in your life in this situation? I would.[/quote]

My honest answer is no, I would not feel the need for legal representation if I had given LE consistant statements and cooperated fully. That is an honest response from me.

My guess is that Lee did not give consistant statements or that he knows something that he has not told LE.

We all have a right to our different opinions.

Do you really really believe what KC said about Lee trying to have sex with her? If she was being honest about that, it seems like it would be the only time she ever told the truth in her life. This evil demon does not know what telling the truth means. She would say anything to get attention, she is a liar, a theif, and a murderer. So why do you all believe that what she said about Lee is the truth?

I think LA probably got an attorney because he is a part of a family that is all under investigation. Whether or not he had anything to do with a coverup we don't know, but I am sure that just as the A's are being investigated for giving these conflicting statements, he is being investigated for the same as well.

By the way, with how promiscuous KC was I'm sure there are many men who could be the baby's Father.

IMO - this family has exhibited "odd" behavior from the get go. Its not just KC telling JG and TL that LA had "done something". But with JG she also went on to tell him that she told CA about it and CA did nothing. hhhmmm....

OK - so skip that - considering KC - could be a lie and ploy for attention. Let's go on....

All those "sex sites" that were on the computer forensics - LP insinuated those came from LA - that LA traveled extensively for his job and I "thunk it further" that LA could just be a horn dog and was setting up hook-ups in these traveled cities - with a live-in gf he didn't want to risk her finding anything on that computer so he would slip on over to mom's and do it there. If that is the case - could LA have a "sexual behavior" problem? And how did he deal with that? But, ok - let's go on...........

There has been swirling questions from the beginning about Caylee's bio dad. It was this guy, it was that guy, he died in a car accident in Orlando, no - he died in an accident out of state, no - he got married and had another child and didn't want any involvement - then he died. Yet through all this - never, ever did KC apply for AFDC, food stamps, or assistance. WHY? The financial situation in that home was very strained and that assistance would have really helped. Why was there never an application made? You don't have to identify the father to get it in Florida. Was this out of guilt? CA knew and was worried eventually someone would start asking questions? CA is all about presentation and she did not want her family being looked at in such a horrible light.

Plus throughout this all - whenever this had been brought up - even by LP on national TV (on NG) and said as much - NEVER EVER did Camp Anthony scream defamation, foul, - no - those remarks and comments were never addressed. As fast as CA was to want to sue reporters and protestors - she never even squeaked about what LP said concerning LA and paternity. But.....

Ok - let's go on............... LE asks CA and GA and LA for polygraphs. Per LP, CA and GA were willing - it was after they spoke with LA did they refuse and those were never done. LA!!!!

Then come the requests for DNA swabs - again GA and CA give it up willingly - yet again LA REFUSES - LE has to go the subpoena route to finally get his - ALONG WITH THE FINGERPRINTS.

Why why why if it is JUST YOUR NIECE missing would you not want to do ALL YOU CAN to help solve this and find her or find the killer?

There is just WAY WAY WAY WAY too much come out of Camp Anthony - specifically pointing to LA and his weird behavior that any normal thinking person wouldn't stop and say "hold up - what's wrong? why won't he ........"

And IMO that's way a lot of people believe this could be the case.

Lee's staement to Tony when he went to pick KC stuff up was something to the effect of, "Had i have met you I would have warned you about my sister" CA's comment about KC being a sociopath. This family knows KC so well and realize they will be needing counsel to prepare for defending themselves. My heart says KC is feeling like this is going to be her last stand on stage and she is going to try and bring the curtain down on all!!!

I am watching live coverage on myfoxorlando.com and there are two deputies - guys with dark glasses and badges standing on the Anthony porch/sidewalk .. looking out at the street like they are waiting on someone to show up? Anyone know what is up?

IMO I think its reasonable that he got a lawyer- 1) I would always advise anyone facing any sort of "sticky" situation to either hire a lawyer or talk to a lawyer friend - people who don't have much contact with LE/lawyers might not realize that any "off the cuff remark" you make could cause you to become a material witness!

2) I think LA realizes with this confirmation, him and his family are going to be put in the spotlight even more, and he SHOULD have advice about a) what he says, and b) how to handle his mom!

O/T advice to everyone- even if you are 1000% percent uninvolved and innocent, only talk in private to the police!

I am watching live coverage on myfoxorlando.com and there are two deputies - guys with dark glasses and badges standing on the Anthony porch/sidewalk .. looking out at the street like they are waiting on someone to show up? Anyone know what is up?

I was just about to ask who those 2 goons were! I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I hear anything. Brad C. is on there now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member